PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling

mbx5
02-26-2008, 07:59 PM
I went riding this past weekend with a friend of mine who has a new Raptor 700SE... There was a night and day difference between his bike and mine... I put a lot into my ride - 426 kit, full front suspension (Roll Design / Works Triple Rate), Hotcam, White Bros, etc etc... I took a ride on his bike - it felt light, nimble, and very easy to ride...

It got me thinking... I dont want to get the same bike, but I want something that is somewhat competitive...

I am a HUGE fan of 2 strokes... I am thinking of a late model Banshee 350...

Anyone here have any input on the Banshees (aside of me going to the Banshee forum)

Hondamaster5505
02-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by mbx5
I went riding this past weekend with a friend of mine who has a new Raptor 700SE... There was a night and day difference between his bike and mine... I put a lot into my ride - 426 kit, full front suspension (Roll Design / Works Triple Rate), Hotcam, White Bros, etc etc... I took a ride on his bike - it felt light, nimble, and very easy to ride...

It got me thinking... I dont want to get the same bike, but I want something that is somewhat competitive...

Anyone here have any input on the Banshees (aside of me going to the Banshee forum)

Banshee's are some of the most fun quads ever built!

Get some a-arms, shocks, axle, pipes, porting and you'll eat that 700r for breakfast!

I want both. I have a 400ex and a banshee right now, but in the future, say 17 or so, im selling the fo hundy for a 700r. Im gonna keep the shee.

Flodies400ex
02-27-2008, 01:28 AM
get a 450 with hrc kit and everything and you can smoke those 700rs easy I have done it and my specs are in signature

02-27-2008, 06:23 AM
IMO Banshees are the biggest waste of money and they arent good for much other than going fast in a straight line or spinning the tires. I dont mean to offend but this is my opinion. The suck down gas and are old technology. A 250r would be much better to get. It can be just as fast, it has much better handling, MX or XC whatever you want to do with it, it will do it. 250r is just a faster 400ex pretty much.

Hondamaster5505
02-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
IMO Banshees are the biggest waste of money and they arent good for much other than going fast in a straight line or spinning the tires. I dont mean to offend but this is my opinion. The suck down gas and are old technology. A 250r would be much better to get. It can be just as fast, it has much better handling, MX or XC whatever you want to do with it, it will do it. 250r is just a faster 400ex pretty much.

I have to highly disagree.

They aren't just for going in straight lines. I've seen you post that multiple times, and it isn't true.

We ride our banshee everywhere. Trails, hills, fire-roads, you name it. If you lower the sproket to a 12 up front and use NGK plugs they're fine.

They suck down gas, because its a twin. There are plenty of aftermarket tanks to solve this problem.

Yes, 250r's can be just as fast to a degree, but at a certain point the banshee prevails. The banshee can be worked for much higher horsepower without being as stressed as the 250r is. What do you think is faster, a 600cc cheetah cub or 350cc 250r?:rolleyes:

Plus, banshees and 250r's piped the banshee is still quicker.

Stock for stock, the 250r does handle much better. But, a banshee with arms/axle/shocks handles excellent, just as good as suspended 250r's. Personally I don't think the banshee handles that bad for how old it is.

Whatever anyone says, 250r's are nice, but I will always be a big banshee lover. Im so glad I finally picked one up myself.

klutch
02-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider

I completely agree with you man.

Phillburt57
02-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by klutch
I completely agree with you man.

X2

my88r
02-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by mbx5

Ive rode a banshee and own a 250r. if you love the 2 strokes go 250r. good all around package handling and fast.

Hondamaster5505
02-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Why is everyone downing banshee's?

Some of you have obiously never ridden one. They don't handle THAT BAD and will blow 250r's out of the water power wise.

If you want to beat those 700's easily and more, buy I banshee. I promise you will be happy if you got some arms and shocks.

klutch
02-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Why is everyone downing banshee's?

Some of you have obiously never ridden one. They don't handle THAT BAD and will blow 250r's out of the water power wise.

If you want to beat those 700's easily and more, buy I banshee. I promise you will be happy if you got some arms and shocks.

Have you ever ridden a stock 250R in a trail or a track, then jumped on a stock Banshee and tried the same thing?

Good luck beating the 700 in anything other than a straightline if you get the shee.

Hondamaster5505
02-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Have you ever ridden a stock 250R in a trail or a track, then jumped on a stock Banshee and tried the same thing?

Good luck beating the 700 in anything other than a straightline if you get the shee.

I can give a rats arse about track.

If you do the right suspension to the banshee, you'll not only be faster than the 700 and 250r, but you'll out handle them too.

Banshees are awesome. I notice people who rag on em usually either:

A) Never rode one

B) Is obsessed with Honda and everything else is crap

C) Are jealous of their sick power!:devil:

klutch
02-27-2008, 02:57 PM

If you do the right suspension to the banshee, you'll not only be faster than the 700 and 250r, but you'll out handle them too.

A) Never rode one

Also... i said stock for stock. You put the same money into a shee you would into a 250R and the 250R will easily beat the Shee in almost anything other than a drag race. Then again some people like straight lines.

I notice people who are obsessed with Yamaha (Banshees or Craptors mainly the Shees)

A) Only like to drag race.

B) Never ridden in a trail.

C) Most are complete Jerks. (No offence to those who aren't... It's just my opinion.)

By the way. This is over this little fight over Shees or 250Rs we all know you are overly obsessed with Yamaha and your beloved Shee get over it. Want to drag race? Go buy some sort of a car.

Hondamaster5505
02-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Also... i said stock for stock. You put the same money into a shee you would into a 250R and the 250R will easily beat the Shee in almost anything other than a drag race. Then again some people like straight lines.

I notice people who are obsessed with Yamaha (Banshees or Craptors mainly the Shees)

A) Only like to drag race.

B) Never ridden in a trail.

C) Most are complete Jerks. (No offence to those who aren't... It's just my opinion.)

By the way. This is over this little fight over Shees or 250Rs we all know you are overly obsessed with Yamaha and your beloved Shee get over it. Want to drag race? Go buy some sort of a car.

Im not overly obsessed with yamaha, its because they actually make better stuff IMO. Not because of reading Dirtwheels either:rolleyes:

1) I only like to drag my friends

2) we trail our banshee all the time, without effort.

3) Im not a jerk, at least not to most people.

So I dont like banshees because of the reaons you mentioned:p

Anyways, back on subject. Try to find someone that has a banshee and someone that has a 250r and ride them You choose by how you feel. Just because I like banshee;s doesnt mean you have to.

Im just giving my opinion that you should get a shee

klutch
02-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Try to find someone that has a banshee and someone that has a 250r and ride them You choose by how you feel.

Finally something worth saying.

Hondamaster5505
02-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Finally something worth saying.

well its true.

I find the banshee sick as hell and awesome to ride, but some people may think different. Kind of like how I hate 660's but some people seem to like em.

klutch
02-27-2008, 03:10 PM
well its true.

I find the banshee sick as hell and awesome to ride, but some people may think different. Kind of like how I hate 660's but some people seem to like em.

Well we agree on one thing. I also hate the 660. But, i don't like the Banshee. The 250R is a nice bike. But i don't like 2 strokes. I'd rather a 450R. =]

Hondamaster5505
02-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Well we agree on one thing. I also hate the 660. But, i don't like the Banshee. The 250R is a nice bike. But i don't like 2 strokes. I'd rather a 450R. =]

I dont think ill ever go the 450 route, they're over rated. They're nice and fast. but i dont like any of em that much. The YFZ and LTR are alright.

When I eventually sell the 400, im getting a raptor 700. They have raw power, trail comfort, and look HOT.

Nothing will ever compare to the 2-stroke rush though. The more you hit powerband the more you get addicted. Its such a rush.
You can say I have 2-stroke fever:p

klutch
02-27-2008, 03:21 PM
I like the YFZ 450 but i love the 450R i don't find them over rated... well i find the LTR a bit over rated... i've never been fond of anything from Yami up until the YFZ. I am getting an 04 450R with a few mods within the next few weeks, though a nice 05 YFZ was in a close second to my decision.

Exrider434
02-27-2008, 03:35 PM

A) Never rode one

Notice you keep repeating "with upgraded suspension a-arms and axle", youd have to put money into it, while a 250r would handle better without all that extra cash minus on cylinder:blah:

Hondamaster5505
02-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434
Notice you keep repeating "with upgraded suspension a-arms and axle", youd have to put money into it, while a 250r would handle better without all that extra cash minus on cylinder:blah:

you can find used stuff.

Me personally, id rather buy a banshee and put money in the suspension just to have that sick motor.

Plus, ive seen alot of used banshees for sale with aftermarket suspension already on it.

coryatver
02-27-2008, 03:44 PM
I dont think ill ever go the 450 route, they're over rated. They're nice and fast. but i dont like any of em that much. The YFZ and LTR are alright.

When I eventually sell the 400, im getting a raptor 700. They have raw power, trail comfort, and look HOT.

Nothing will ever compare to the 2-stroke rush though. The more you hit powerband the more you get addicted. Its such a rush.
You can say I have 2-stroke fever:p

hondamaster you just bought a basket case banshee for 500 that you haven't even picked up and now you are the expert of everything banshee. The banshee has been around 5 years longer than you have.

My advice to mbx5 is like you said the raptor 700 was "- it felt light, nimble, and very easy to ride..."

that is not the banshee in any way. if that is what you are looking for and you don't want a raptor 700 the closest thing that is in its class is the outlaw s 525. And if you have to have a 2 stroke then a 250r is what you are looking for.

Hondamaster5505
02-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
hondamaster you just bought a basket case banshee for 500 that you haven't even picked up and now you are the expert of everything banshee. The banshee has been around 5 years longer than you have.

thats where your wrong. We have had another shee in the family for a while now, my dads. I know alot about them

I liked his so much thats why I picked up the one I did:D

Exrider434
02-27-2008, 06:33 PM
you can find used stuff.

Me personally, id rather buy a banshee and put money in the suspension just to have that sick motor.

Plus, ive seen alot of used banshees for sale with aftermarket suspension already on it.

That sick motor thats going to cost you 90 times as much to do anything with, when a stock 250r could take it in the first place:p

Hondamaster5505
02-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434
That sick motor thats going to cost you 90 times as much to do anything with, when a stock 250r could take it in the first place:p

haha.

250r's are definitly quick, but it aint touchin no banshee:p

klutch
02-27-2008, 07:17 PM
haha.

250r's are definitly quick, but it aint touchin no banshee:p

STOCK for STOCK

In a straight line the 250R doesn't have a chance. But only in a straight line. Just wanted to point that out lol

Though you know its true.

Phillburt57
02-28-2008, 10:05 AM
thats where your wrong. We have had another shee in the family for a while now, my dads. I know alot about them

I liked his so much thats why I picked up the one I did:D

You should have your dad go pick up one of the new KTM's and then in 5 days tell me everyting there is to know about it, I might be getting one soon. :devil:

Hondamaster5505
02-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Phillburt57
You should have your dad go pick up one of the new KTM's and then in 5 days tell me everyting there is to know about it, I might be getting one soon. :devil:

lol, we cant even afford a KTM.

I do know alot about banshee's. More then some people who actually own them.

my88r
02-28-2008, 01:23 PM
yamaha Vs. HONDA battles:rolleyes: :rolleyes: