PDA

View Full Version : Cam on a piped 400

ChEX
11-19-2002, 09:46 AM
Will i notice much of a difference with a new cam on a piped 400? If so, where to find and how much? How hard is the install? If not, what else do I need to do?

GoLikeHell
11-19-2002, 10:29 AM
I dont know how much power just a cam will give you. Installing one should only take a couple of hours. Just remove the top part of the cylinder head and your cam will be staring you in the face. Since your going that far why not freshen up your motor with a new high compression piston. With a high compression piston the difference is huge

Thanks
Mark

lil400exman
11-19-2002, 10:53 AM
just wondering if you get a white bros rev kit a high comp piston and a cam will you have a noticable hit in the engine?

GoLikeHell
11-28-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
just wondering if you get a white bros rev kit a high comp piston and a cam will you have a noticable hit in the engine?

Great Combo, but it doesnt like to start in the winter time. With the bike being cold and no decompressor on the cam anymore the bikes starter doesnt spin the engine fast enough for the rev box to supply spark. I have to start mine with jumper cables in the winter time or switch the rev box back to stock. I might of stumbled onto something to make the engine spin faster in the winter time. I will keep everyone posted after my testing is done.

Mark

ridesa02400EX
11-28-2002, 11:22 PM
what about a cam in a piped 440 will it be the same as a piped 400?