PDA

View Full Version : New Teixeira Tech XC a-arms!

Ty's400
02-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Hey Everyone, I just wanted to share and let everyone know about the new Teixeira Tech XC a-arms I'll be running this year. My first honest impression upon opening the box was WOW, these look great:D. The welds are all high quality, powdercoat looks good/seems durable, and for those that don't now, the a-arms use high quality FRAP balljoints. A few things I'd like to point out are the skid plates attached to the bottom a-arms protecting the bottom of the shock. A very nice feature, that I was happy to see. Also the tie-rods are a larger diameter than many I've seen/used and the end threads are clean(I've experienced ones that need a die ran over in order to thread nut on:mad:) If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them. Thanks

Ty's400
02-26-2008, 06:48 PM
another

02-26-2008, 07:03 PM
what in the...? lol all the curves confuse me I want to see these things mounted on. they look very interesting

Ty's400
02-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
what in the...? lol all the curves confuse me I want to see these things mounted on. they look very interesting

:confused: That is just the way some aftermarket a-arms are designed. These are similar in shape to Houser for example. Also another reason for the bends are they are a Maximum Ground Clearance style a-arm. I will post pictures of them mounted by the end of the week.

NJ450rider
02-26-2008, 07:20 PM
If there was no stickers or X brace underneath youd sware they were houser a arms. there like identical almost to the T. Thats the first thing i thought. I was like wow they look like my houser lt a arms! I wonder where they got there design idea from. ;)

also houser uses the same brand ball joints in there a arms.

Ty's400
02-26-2008, 07:37 PM
You are fairly correct NJ450rider, they are similiar to the Houser. However, there are many differences. They use a shim style castor adjustment, have bushings instead of needle bearings, except a longer shock, and a better price tag;) This MGC style design is proven and you will notice a lot of companies have similar looking a-arms. If you are familiar any with Teixeira you will notice this design is like the rest of their a-arms for desert and mx which have been out for a long time. The FRAP ball joints are the best out in my opinion, used by all big name companies, Houser, Laeger, etc.

DJJ450r
02-26-2008, 07:43 PM
I really want a set of these, see how they compare to my ARS-FX

ADTR14
02-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Are these the same as what they consider their desert arms or different? And what shocks are you gonna run?

Ty's400
02-27-2008, 08:17 AM
No these aren't the desert a-arms. These are a brand new +1 a-arm. (I think desert are +2.5 arm). I will be using FOX Racing shocks on my quad. The a-arms use a 19.25 inch shock.

One_Bad_400
02-27-2008, 07:47 PM
really neat looking arm. not too familiar with the brand, can you give us some more info on them? where you'd purchase, price, etc?

One_Bad_400
02-27-2008, 07:50 PM
n/m, found thier website...

http://www.teixeiratech.comhttp://www.teixeiratech.com

Ty's400
02-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Here you can find some more additional info. http://www.********forums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136

Ty's400
03-10-2008, 08:24 PM
First Ride Review: Rd. 2 GNCC The General
Well after much anticipation I was finally able to test out the new Teixeira Tech XC a-arms. Honestly I was more nervous about all of my new products rather than I was the race, because it was the first time I had the chance to ride the quad since it was put together Weds. before the race (and see if I remembered to tighten everything ). I wasn't the least bit surprised that the a-arms worked PHENOMINAL!! The maximum ground clearance design was very helpful with the deep ruts experienced in the Georgia clay. The a-arms are slightly wider than some xc setups (at 46.5"-46.75" w/Hiper 4-1 wheels) this was no problem what so ever in (the very few) tight sections, I personally like this width and feel it is an advantage in cornering and high speed sections with sweeping turns. The front end was light and nimble and was very controllable. For my personal liking I may try changing the castor for a little quicker and sharper front end steering. I'm looking foward to making some adjustments to my Fox shocks as well to really get dialed in. This is definitely an awesome setup (now I just want some dry stuff to ride it on)

ADTR14
03-11-2008, 08:31 PM
pics of the set up on your bike Please
thanks

DJJ450r
03-11-2008, 08:57 PM
this setup sounds sick!! i want it soo bad:blah:

Ty's400
03-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by ADTR14
pics of the set up on your bike Please
thanks

Here is what it looks like

Ty's400
04-08-2008, 12:19 PM
I've had a few people ask me to share my thoughts again after more ride time on the a-arms.

I decided to make some adjustments to my shocks after the Georgia GNCC race to soften them. The improvement I had in the front end, at the next GNCC in North Carolina, was a lot better. I could tell a big difference right away. The a-arms combined with the shocks really soaked up the rough bumps and whoops that started to form. I also lowered my ride height by around a 1/2 inch and I could tell a difference in the turns. I believe that was partially due to compression adjustments, but it did help. All I can say is the a-arms are holding up great and working really well!

400exrapes
04-08-2008, 05:58 PM
can you tell me where you bought that quadtech hood i'm looking for the black but i cant find it.

Ty's400
04-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by 400exrapes
can you tell me where you bought that quadtech hood i'm looking for the black but i cant find it.

I got it from C&D Racing off the site. It has been over a year ago, so I'm not sure how easy they are to get anymore. Their new design is that dual scoop hood.