PDA

View Full Version : just bought shocks front and rear w/?'s

YZROOSTINYA
11-19-2002, 09:38 AM
I just purchased a set of used works front triple rates without rezzies. they were used for 2 moto's. they are set up for a 175-200 lb rider mx. i am 190 with gear. i also purchsed a rebuilt stock rear by elka with 2 spings set up for xc.

will the front sit down at all. i do mx and trails up at tower city and rausch creek. what adjustments should be made. i got a good price on them so i couldn't pass them up. what is the diff between mx and xc on front shocks?

11-19-2002, 10:15 AM
the XC shocks will be setup for handling fast speeds with breaking bumps, ruts, logs, etc.

MX shocks will be valved more for handling big air and will be stiffer than a XC shock...it's all about the valving..either way you'll still like the shocks..

Contact the quadshop,,marty can turn your works into SSD if ya want and it will squat the ground just fine and will work for any application you specify..

bradley300
11-19-2002, 10:18 PM
you can also check out custom axis' website. there is a great article on tuning shocks

11-19-2002, 10:54 PM
Get them sukas on your quad and tell us what you think. You may like it lower in the rear LOL

Deff a good improvment over stk and you need to get some time on them and dial them in and then think about how much you want to spend on making them better.

Have fun

mysticfalcon
11-20-2002, 05:10 PM
I just got my works converted to ssd and rezzies added by the quad shop. tell tehm what you want and they will hook you up with exactly what you need