PDA

View Full Version : wastin gas!

Honda4life05
02-26-2008, 02:07 PM
when ever i do a wheelie the gas runs out of the two black tubes comin form the carb..i think..but is this normal an if it is is there any way to stop it from leaking out gas? what are they used for?

Caseys 300ex
02-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Yes its normal. Its just your vent hoses for your float bowl and carb. The gas is just going to those openings and comeing out.

JohnT_98300EX
02-27-2008, 05:03 AM
I flipped out when I was working on mine at first. I stood it on the back end and gas ran out in a stream.
Now for my dumb@$$ question. Is this happening whenever the front wheels are in the air /climbing a steep incline? If so, is there a way to stop it or to contain it? Or does the running engine create a "vacum" that stops it?

Honda4life05
02-28-2008, 04:10 PM
i think it will still run out even if its runnig because when im doin a wheelie i can see it runnin on to the hell guards and im on the throttel

maddmatt02
02-28-2008, 07:10 PM
well, the float bowl is basically gravity fed and the fuel line is pretty big. youd have to have a huge main in order to keep up with pulling enough gas it doesnt come out. it may come out in a smaller quantity when on the throttle but it wont stop it completely. but only time it happens to me is when i stand on the grab bar and ride a wheelie, if I was sitting and riding one, or climbing ive not been steep enough, or at least didnt see drips on the ground anywhere around the area i was riding.