PDA

View Full Version : NOT happy w mrcycle.com

tri5ron
02-26-2008, 10:02 AM
O.k., I am very ticked at the service, (actually LACK of service),
at mrcycle.com and just thought I would share it here to get some advise on how to respond to these guys.

On my last thread here, I asked about front and rear racks for sport atv's, and one of the members gave a link to mrcycles.com for there "Quadboss rear rack for sport ATV's".

This was exactally the kind of rack I am looking for for my '03 400ex, so on Sunday night, I went online and ordered it.

Nevermind that the "Application chart" had it listed at 41.49, but the order form had it at 49.99, I ordered it anyway and paid the 49.99 plus shipping listed at 10.00, for a total of 59.99.

I had also placed a seperate order for a maintainence manual therefor having 2 seperate order numbers.
I recieved a "Order Conformation" email for both of them on sunday.

now today, I recieve THIS...

Hello,

I am going to have to cancel the order for the rear rack. Shipping on
it
will be much more that the part is worth. It has to go truck freight,
which is like renting oyur own Uhaul truck, a driver and gas to get
from
NC to CA which isn't cost effective.

On the second order, XXXXXX, it takes me about 6 weeks to get service
manuals in. If you would like me to order it, please let me know. Until

then, both orders will be cancelled

So what kind of nonsence is this? Has anyone else here dealt with this online seller? obviously I am not happy with this, I went online, placed the order, paid the advertised price , and two days later I get the above email.

So tell me how you would respond to these people, or what you would do. I at least thought I should let you guys know.

Thanks for your advise,
Ron

REDRIDDER
02-26-2008, 10:37 AM
I'd bring my business elsewhere plain and simple!

08400EX
02-26-2008, 10:41 AM
WOW, that is amazing and just plain "Not right"!!

I have never used mrcycles website to order before and something is very wrong here.

I always call directly and the service I get is top notch!

In the future call 828 277 8600 x300 and ask for Shawn, I guarantee you will be satisfied with his service.

Regardless I have already make a phone call concerning your situation. I would expect that you will be contacted soon to figure out how to fix this.

BTW, Shawn shipped me the same rack via FedEx ground, the box is big but not that big.... so something is defintely very wrong or some kind of weird miscommunication.

My apologies if my link caused you this frustration. Also always remember it is one thing to make a mistake, but true customer service comes from how that mistake is dealt with.

Honda#4
02-26-2008, 10:45 AM
I'd have a heartattack or something if I saw that. That company would'nt see my business, sounds like its ran outta some guys house.

tri5ron
02-26-2008, 11:22 AM
08400ex,
thanks for your help. I will wait to hear from Shawn.

I thought it was a very strange email to recieve.
I also am a self employed business owner, and in no way, would I ever send and email like that. I know all too well, that a reputation of bad customer service will quickly spread like wild fire, and future sales will certainly suffer.

I run my company with Exceptional Service, as the foundation of my business policies and practices.
It is the most fruitful, and solid way to insure future business, and my loyal, returning customers is a testiment to those beliefs.

also most of the "cold calls" I recieve are from someone who has been refered to me by a regular/loyal customer. so my business grows, and my costomers are happy.

I definately want to purchase this rack, or at least something like it. If you hapen to have yours removed, would you mind weighing, and measuring it for me so that I can contact Fedex or UPS, to find out what the shipping cost would be? I would greatly appreciate it.

I want to hopefully find a similar rack for the front. I have found what is advertised to fit both front and rear on ebay, but my 3 seperate inquiries have so far gone unanswered.

the quest continues.... what was that old saying about patience and perserverence????

tri5ron
02-26-2008, 01:59 PM
I was contacted by Shawn of MR CYCLES, moments ago, who was apoligetic, and wanted to make my experience right with his company.

He told me that although the website does clearly say that the rack/mount for my bike is listed at 49.99, that price was actually 41.99 for the mounting kit only, to my specific bike, and would not include the rack itself.

he went on to say that the rack would be an additional 79.99, and the shipping would be 27.50
this is a grand total of 149.48 which is right at 90.00 more than the website listed.

I told him that I did not think that was right, and thanked him for his courteous responce, but I would not be ordering the part at that price.

He WAS very nice on the phone, but I just do not feel that it was right for me to have to send another 79.99 + almost triple the listed shipping.

TRXRacer1
02-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Dennis Kirk has a nice rear rack for $96.99 and it includes all the hardware. There is a $9.69 oversize fee on it but if you add $3.01 more to your order to make $100 you get free ground plus the oversize fee. I added a spark plug and checked out at $109.88 shipped.

DK rack (http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=&catId=106&productId=p490874&leafCatId=10608&mmyId=1573)

08400EX
02-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I had a feeling you misunderstood the pricing when I saw the $41.99 mentioned. That is just the mounting kit. The way the Tucky Rocky catalog lists it is VERY confusing. If you notice when you click on the application chart is says "Rear Rack Mount Kits" but it also doesn't tell you the part number for the actual rack itself is in that info.

Here is the QuadBoss page that makes it a little clearer (not much)

http://www.quadboss.com/qbweb.nsf/Products/38D56F7475F5FF9086256E93004E40EF?opendocument

Concerning measuring mine since they couldn't supply the mounting kit I returned the $70 rack.

Again, sorry if the link I posted caused all this confusion. I just use their website to look up part numbers and never order that way. Their website system is like most Honda dealer website systems and is actually run thru PowerSportsNetwork.com

As I said I have always had better luck calling them (or anyone else) to place my orders and always end up with better service.

A recent example is I wanted to get one of the $20 Parking brake blockoff plates from Pro Armor, when I added it to the cart on their website it said it weighed 10 lbs and the shipping was like $15-20!! When I called directly it was totally different.

08400EX
02-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
Dennis Kirk has a nice rear rack for $96.99 and it includes all the hardware. There is a $9.69 oversize fee on it but if you add $3.01 more to your order to make $100 you get free ground plus the oversize fee. I added a spark plug and checked out at $109.88 shipped.

DK rack (http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=&catId=106&productId=p490874&leafCatId=10608&mmyId=1573)

That is a cool rack also, but I do like the QuadBoss mounting system better and it doesn't stick out on the back as far.

That one is made by CMP (Cambridge Metal and Plastics) and they also show a MATCHING FRONT (don't see the part number)! There is also another style rear availble

You can see them on page 6 & 7 of their catalog..

http://www.cambridgemetalsandplastics.com/catalogs/2007_Catalog.pdf

Here is a quick shapshot of the page...

02-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
but I just do not feel that it was right for me to have to send another 79.99 + almost triple the listed shipping.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvinience. We rely heavily on our suppliers to send us accurate and updated price tapes and e-catalogs and they generally do a great job. Despite every effort to keep everything as acurate as possible, unfortunately we don't catch some things right away on some of the items that we don't sell high volumes of. We hope this one misunderstanding doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth about our company as we would like to keep you as a customer and help you out in the future.

Keep in touch,
-Ben

tim colston
02-27-2008, 09:28 AM
technically they have to give you the advertised price. now to go get a lawyer and such wouldn't be worth it, but that is false advertising. They are making their problem your problem. I will never purchase from a company that won't stand by what they say. My .02 cents. it sounds like they are trying to justify it but that wouldn't be good enough for me. Wording can be tricky, sometimes meant to be, but you have to be careful. I always, generally, call when making a purchase on something that I am confused about. Good luck gettin your rack.

REDRIDDER
02-27-2008, 10:59 AM
:eek2:

02-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
technically they have to give you the advertised price. now to go get a lawyer and such wouldn't be worth it, but that is false advertising. They are making their problem your problem. I will never purchase from a company that won't stand by what they say. My .02 cents. it sounds like they are trying to justify it but that wouldn't be good enough for me. Wording can be tricky, sometimes meant to be, but you have to be careful. I always, generally, call when making a purchase on something that I am confused about. Good luck gettin your rack.

Like I stated in the post right above yours, we rely on our vendors to send us an accurate version of their catalogs and price tapes. And as was previously stated before as well, PSN takes care of everything uploaded to the site. As far as the aftermarket parts go, the only thing we actually have anything to do with is processing the order and receiving and shipping the package from our store. In no way has our company ever used a play on words to "trick" someone into purchasing anything, nor have we ever or will ever need to do so.

Direct quote from mrcycles.com policy page:
"Individual product descriptions are claims of the manufacturer and/or distributor and are not guaranteed accurate. Prices subject to change without notice. Mistakenly posted prices on the website do not obligate us to those incorrect prices. We reserve the right to refuse to sell to anyone for any reason."

And as you stated, it is always easier to call and talk to a company representative if you have any questions or concerns about a product.

-Ben