PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Hondamaster5505
02-26-2008, 08:56 AM
I photoshopped what I plan on doing to my quad. If all goes as planned, i'm using +2 arms, +4 axle, and shocks.

I'm in the process of trying to earn money. When I get enough I will tear her down and do a build. For now I just want to see what people think:

Hondamaster5505
02-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Before:

Pipeless416
02-26-2008, 09:05 AM
looks good, but i think you should wait on the pc and get new front tires :p . what do you plan to do with shocks?

Hondamaster5505
02-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
looks good, but i think you should wait on the pc and get new front tires :p . what do you plan to do with shocks?

I just ordered some front tires from f4istunna :D
My dads sending him the payment later today.

I either want Works Black Widow shocks or Elka rezzy triple rate. Not sure on a-arms though. I think I may go long travel.

Pipeless416
02-26-2008, 09:26 AM
good deal. most people don't tap into the abilities of standard travel.. for trail riding and back yard bashing, i couldn't see the benefit of an lt setup.. its just thousands more.

Hondamaster5505
02-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
good deal. most people don't tap into the abilities of standard travel.. for trail riding and back yard bashing, i couldn't see the benefit of an lt setup.. its just thousands more.

Well there's a couple reason's for long travel.

One is the fact we ride at a LOT of coal mines. Which means not only hillclimbs and trails, but many open stretches!

It's nice to have the long travel to soak up the bumps at high speed.

Like I said though, i'm not sure. I'm undecided on a-arms. I might go standard travel too.

procircuit406ex
02-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505

It's nice to have the long travel to soak up the bumps at high speed.

If you have standard travel shocks done right, they will do the same thing. My friend thought the same thing oh I just have to have long travel. Well he got his Ohlins/ARS-fx long travel front and rear and I sat back and watched with my DeRisi rebuilds. Needless to say he has stock rebuilds back on his 450

Hondamaster5505
02-26-2008, 11:32 AM
I think I might go with widow front shocks and standard travel houser or Lonestar front arms.

Still not sure yet. I hope I start makin some money so I can do it.

Honda#4
02-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Everything looks great,should look mean when all said and done.

Widow shocks will run ya around 1000 to 1300 big ones I priced them way back when I was figure'in what shocks I wanted.

Hondamaster5505
02-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
Everything looks great,should look mean when all said and done.

Widow shocks will run ya around 1000 to 1300 big ones I priced them way back when I was figure'in what shocks I wanted.

ouch, I don't think ill make that much for shocks. I might go with elka rezzy triple rates then, unless I can find used widows.

Honda#4
02-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Well just keep a good eye out in the for sale section and on ebay and you'll get something.

Hondamaster5505
02-26-2008, 01:00 PM
One thing im good at is finding deals. It may take me a while to find them, but im patient.

So like you said im gonna keep my eyes peeled.

I already have someone that will powdercoat everything for free, but im not tearing my quad apart until I get everything like the a-arms, shocks, etc

Honda#4
02-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me.

trx400EXtreme
02-26-2008, 01:52 PM
if i were you i would buy the PEP race series shocks. they are only 650 bucks. the don't have the full adjustability that others have but in all honesty, is you dont race, that's really all you need. i ride VERY aggresively and they work greta for me. also look at it this way...... the elkas that are equal to the PEP race series in adjustability and stuff, are around 800 bucks. plus with the PEP's you get big bottles.

Hondamaster5505
02-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
if i were you i would buy the PEP race series shocks. they are only 650 bucks. the don't have the full adjustability that others have but in all honesty, is you dont race, that's really all you need. i ride VERY aggresively and they work greta for me. also look at it this way...... the elkas that are equal to the PEP race series in adjustability and stuff, are around 800 bucks. plus with the PEP's you get big bottles.

I don't think i'm gonna buy new. When you but new you get ripped off as far as im concerned.

Im gonna try to find used stuff. You never get your money back on these things, especially if you buy new.

$650 isnt bad at all, but I cant do that much for just shocks/

Gatekeeper
02-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Like the red frame and blacked out rims, maybe try it with a black seat cover tho...my .02
Thought bout pwdrcoatng my stock rims black. How do ya think they'd hold up?

02-26-2008, 07:06 PM
what about 450r front shocks revalved and resprung along with the rear? Cheap, perform great from what i hear, and have all the adjustablility you really need besides low/ high speed adjustments.

Hondamaster5505
02-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Gatekeeper
Like the red frame and blacked out rims, maybe try it with a black seat cover tho...my .02
Thought bout pwdrcoatng my stock rims black. How do ya think they'd hold up?

Yeah, i'm gonna get a black seat cover. I hate the red ones.

Ask pappy in the BK performance section. He does rims for $25 a piece and he can tell ya if they hold up

Foxhondarider:
I don't want to go the 450r route because i'd rather get the shocks and be done, instead of sending em around to be redone.

Plus, to let you guys know, I also picked up a banshee today so I can keep my 400ex. Check it out in the shee section.

Ruby Soho
02-26-2008, 07:14 PM
sounds pretty sick man hope it turns out well. my quad is almost done, im ordering an axle probly in a few nights and a-arms in a few weeks. then its done and time to save for my shocks to be rebuilt

Hondamaster5505
02-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
sounds pretty sick man hope it turns out well. my quad is almost done, im ordering an axle probly in a few nights and a-arms in a few weeks. then its done and time to save for my shocks to be rebuilt

yeah. I need some kind of snow storm or spring to come. I make my money buy shoveling/mowing lawns, and I cant to either right now.

When I get some money, im piping and fixin the shee up, then i'll start a build.