PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters - How to Handle?

Logan #34's Dad
02-25-2008, 10:27 PM
I've posted some stuff about this here once. We raced this past weekend at an indoor.(Cold in Ohio!) Anyhow, Logan's quad has most of the "said" go fast parts and we are getting outrun to turn one at about 80 feet by 4 quad lengths. Now, I'm not a super builder by any stretch but I've been around awhile and picked the brains of the guru's. I believe this one dad put in a 90cc motor for his little girl. The little girl told another dad that "Daddy put in my 90 motor and I told him not to". The honesty of an 8yo is priceless! She gets to turn one first and leaves last if you get the idea. Another two dad's were caught cheating at one of the first indoor races (one was 80 plus cc's and one was 108cc for a 76cc limit in the Jr. mini class!) The sactioning series did not punish these teams except took that days race away. One even showed up the next day to race, was protested again for good measure, and were now legal and left with $150.00 in his pocket and a smile. I've contacted the organizers about the issue with no response.
There are about 10 or so teams that race with each other in the series and we all get along. I'm not points chasing as they are so my issue is whether or not to file protests against them and create enemies or problems. I want to keep the family atomsphere AND you never know when you need help or a part. HOWEVER, when your son comes back all upset saying that he could not keep up with a rider on the straights it gets tough. It will probably eat at me until I say something to one of the dads -instead of protesting- then he'll probably wanna fight and I'll have to beat him down, but - It Is What It Is. I don't go drinkin' with any of them and they really aren't my friend so what the heck. I think it will only hurt Logan if I cause issues with parents because it will alienate him because the parents may not let them play together then Logan would hate going to the local races.

markvette
02-25-2008, 11:03 PM
cheating is cheating. you are not causing issues or anything, this cheater is. get you a couple of dads to go with you to complain. or you could do as i would and confront the cheating dad.

Mark

drr5
02-26-2008, 07:04 AM
protest them it is the only checks and balance as racers we have, i in the past should have protested a couple of people and didnt for the same reason you stated didnt want to cause problems for my sons with the parents and the local engine builder, take my advice and protest them if you really feel they are cheating and at the end of the day you will one way or the other.

hotquads1
02-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Yes protest them, If someone is NOT cheating they will not be offended by a protest , they will gladly want to clear any cloud of suspension about themselves and their child. Being protested is an honor of your hard work and dedication , if you are found to be legal, plus you get a few dollars . The protest you make will clear the air and be soon forgotten , the neglect to protest will eat at you for the rest of the season and cause contention and division between the teams from meer speculation. IMO ,The best way to handle these situations is for all of the parents to agree before the race or season , to tear down the winner either by volunteer or mandatory , then no one is singled out as an after thought. As DRR5 mentioned We should protest often , it is our only monitoring system , and we need to maintain intigrity in our sport.
After the protest , if the bike is found to be legal , shake the mans hand tell him great job, pat the kid on the back and tell him he is a great driver( let the kids go play together in the dirt behind the trailer), and then you go back and work a little harder to improve your bike , all is good . IMO
marc

orange xtreme
02-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes you should protest but you should also go to the facility and talk with them.If two DADS were already caught cheating then maybe A mandatory or random tear down rule should be adopted.

We went all last year with A certain family telling everyone we were cheating I offerd to give them their money back if they would just do it and be done with it. The reason I bring this up is word gets around if it's not already to this family or familys.So you or all of you that think this is a problem should do something about this. (by protesting)

I for one would not object to paying an extra fee for mandatory or random teardown.

Remeber kids don't cheat when it's the engine in question they may know of it but have little to no say.

I'm sorry if I made anyone mad but coming from a dad on the other side of this topic it's not fair to the kid if they are not cheating

Sorry agin proud father of #204

drr5
02-26-2008, 12:45 PM
well said marc , you are very right!

etondaddy
02-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Yes Terry I know what you mean buddy......... we've gone through it with Kyle. Finally at the last PAMX race at PVR they tore down the top three finishers of Kyle’s class and we were all found to be legal. And that stopped all the rumors. That’s the problem the rumors are circling around and getting back to the poor kids and that’s not fair to them. Like Marc said do it baby and if there found to be legal shake the mans hand and give the kid a good job keep it up kinda thing. And if there not I feel for the kids and that dude has to look at his kid everyday not me. Being from the other side myself just do it Rock….. listen to me it’s not just that easy…….. it’s a bad deal all around.

Mike Kozura

Ryki3r
02-29-2008, 01:02 PM
I tried to help a local shop in trade for a quad that didn't run. I helped mechanically
with repairs in his shop and after getting the quad running we loaned it out to one of his customers till his was finished. After a couple of weeks went by i went to the shop and the were out of business. No quad no money nothing! He ended up selling the quad to a friend of his with my parts on it.

BTW i helped him for several months even why he went on vacation.

Bulletracn
02-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey logans Dad, I will have your back and If you need someone to destract Logan while we beat a cheaters butt, I have two sets of grandparents in my pitts,a wife to take him and my two boys to the snack shack while we take care of some bussiness!Just let me know. My two boys have felt the same way as Logan.

Logan #34's Dad
02-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Hey Bullet, Did you make any of the Indoor stuff? I'm not 100% positive what quad # your boy is. Anyhow, You know how some of these Dad's are in that series so you know it will probably be on! I'll take any help I can get - BUT let me have at it till it looks like I may need help. LOL I'll Tag you in!!! WOOOO. :blah:
You know some of them are cheatin' right? I got some fast stuff on my engine and I got beat to the 60' corner by 4 quad lengths! I've been around long enough to spot a cheater. Later,

Bulletracn
03-01-2008, 12:09 AM
no didn't make it to the indoors, my 6yr olds quad has been going through stators since the last friday night race at Mal. I think I found out why though. The mystery bolt that was stuck to the magneto also bent my shaft and was making my take up ground out. I think! Thats the only thing I can come up with. I'll know by next weekend when I put it back together. I can watch just as well. I have been wanting to Jimmy "Superfly" Snooka someone. That out to date me. LOL. I'm wondering if N.O.S is legal? I over heard someone talking about it one night. Yea, last year there were some cheaters. I'm hoping that they moved up to Senior, but it doesnt matter what class there in a cheater is a cheater and I'm down with some mudd hole stomping. I would like to see the nationals new tear down rule be adopted hear.

Logan #34's Dad
03-01-2008, 01:30 AM
I'll throw them into the Camel Clutch! WOOOOOO!
Bullet, I can't wait for the outdoors to start. That is where we find out who's got the shi*. Indoors are mostly about the start because it is so narrow. I will probably get frustrated and start tearing them down and if I tick someone off then so be it. I'll try to approach it like - I just gotta know, nothing personal and if they still wanna fight them so be it. We'll see you at good ole' Malvern.
If the stators keep going bad, go with the CDI box that eliminates the stator, It converts the spark from AC to DC or vice versa. All you need is the trigger from the stator plate. It requires a battery. see www.reimerminiatvracing.com

Bulletracn
03-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Are you running the ac to dc converter? I have heard about it, but dont know anyone running one. Are they worth the price? If so I wish I would have checked into it before I bought this last stator. I heard the fox shocks are as good if not better than the Elkas. Just what I heard. I'm running Elkas this year. Will be much better than blown stockers.LoL

Logan #34's Dad
03-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey Bullet I got one here at my house if you wanna try it. Send me a pm with your info. Maybe we can meet half way (Bolivar). I've got the "no-magnet" flywheel and all. Try it then buy it. If your like me you have a whole box of "the greatest thing to hit the mini market" items and parts. This system works fine - I just ended up with a PVL. You'd wanna get a battery tender too.

Bulletracn
03-03-2008, 10:43 PM
WOOOOO!!!!!!! Pm sent

quadnana7
03-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Check on the Motowoz shocks there are suppose to be the best