PDA

View Full Version : Cooling fins,,,,Will they work????

11-19-2002, 06:53 AM
Check out this link to a company that makes snap on cooling fins.:huh :huh

http://www.atvcoolpower.com/

Mity Mo
11-19-2002, 07:13 AM
I imagine it would work as well as the welded ones by XRsOnly. But man is that an ugly picture of them or what? Sure is cheap but how long under XC or MX conditions will the glue stay bonded? Mo:confused:

dhines
11-19-2002, 07:20 AM
Not a bad idea I guess, but I'm with Mo - those things are ugly as sin! A man would almost certainly take a ration of $#@! for riding with those things sticking out everywhere. - And could you ever get the glue off if you decided to get rid of the things?

I think I'd have to come up with another solution for cooling my machine down...

Dennis

brokeitin3
11-19-2002, 07:22 AM
Sure you do, or maybe you were just to drunk to remember what high school playground you were on.:D Well now that I have cut you deep, I'll get to the point. When I was younger and car stereos were my main thing, I used a similar product on the heatsinks of a car amplifier. This is how I know they worked. Before I installed them the amp would kick off after playing 10min at high volume. After I installed the heatsink clips the problem never occurred again, and the case temperature was noticeably cooler to touch. The only thing I see different, on the side of an engine they might be somewhat easy to be knocked off.:o

RiPPiNiTuP7
11-19-2002, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't trust them...looks like they'd fall off or break errr something http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/images/smiles/icon3.gif

Texan32
11-19-2002, 07:54 AM
The idea of the product WILL work. You have to remember the physics behind conduction. Heat transfers to any area with a lower temperature. Period. So, by adding ANY type of fins, you create a greater surface area which allows greater disipation of heat. The only concern with those fins is how well they will physically bond to the exhisting fins. If there isn't sufficient adhesion, they won't transfer the heat too well.

11-19-2002, 12:10 PM
I kinda thought they was perty..:huh I'm sure they do work but everything else that goes along with them probably wouldn't be worth it...mainly the ration of chit you would get from your riding buddies...lmao

Str8Wicked
11-19-2002, 12:20 PM
Even if they do work, they look like the shizz I took this morning....

My 400 will be happier without them...