PDA

View Full Version : disks on WB E Series ?

allhondaman
02-25-2008, 06:31 PM
on the WB e series what does the amount of disks do? how does the number of disks effect the sound and performance? ive heard the more disks the more mid to top range power but im not sure. any info would be greatly appreciated :D

JOEX
02-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by allhondaman
on the WB e series what does the amount of disks do? how does the number of disks effect the sound and performance? ive heard the more disks the more mid to top range power but im not sure. any info would be greatly appreciated :D
More discs = more flow = louder

Less discs = less flow = quieter

Some say the powerband changes but IMO it's minimal.

miller821
02-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
More discs = more flow = louder

Less discs = less flow = quieter

Some say the powerband changes but IMO it's minimal.

What Joe said... I found the best gains with all discs out, and no spark arrestor... (Comparable to an HMF in my opinion.) But then noise becomes a factor.

flauge
02-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by ride hard man
What Joe said... I found the best gains with all discs out, and no spark arrestor... (Comparable to an HMF in my opinion.) But then noise becomes a factor. Same here, I played around with mine this weekend with the same result.
Wide open felt like it moved the powerband up in the rev range and made it more peaky.
With 12 discs power was more tractable and smooth, but with less top.:cool:

tooney
02-26-2008, 05:52 AM
What are the sensible minimum and maximum amounts of discs,I have bought a 2nd hand megaphone full system and 12 new discs do I need to buy some more do you think??,I race XC so there are some noise restraints in place.
Thanks for your help

02-26-2008, 06:18 AM
you should not run a wb without at least 4 discs...there is not enough back pressure there...if you think you are gaining more without any discs, it is because it sounds louder, not actual performance.

the e-series is designed to be that with less discs you have more bottom end and with more discs, you have more top end...the difference is minimal from one disc to one disc, but from the least amount of 4 discs to having 12 discs in, there is a noticeable, but not large difference.

allhondaman
02-26-2008, 12:12 PM
thanks for the info guys. so do you think i should have the minimal number of disks on it? and how loud is it with all 12 of the disks on it? i like having top end power but i think having only 4 disk, which i believe is the min, is the best option for trails and getting wide open on the road.

miller821
02-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
you should not run a wb without at least 4 discs...there is not enough back pressure there...if you think you are gaining more without any discs, it is because it sounds louder, not actual performance.

Debatable... I ran every which way you could, from four to about fifteen. When I wanted to wheelie, wide open made my pop-end just pop straight up no troubles.. The others would pop it up, but not as easy.