PDA

View Full Version : xfr nerf install

Redline925
02-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Hey all

Bought some xfr nerf bars for my sons polaris. They are suppose to be full bolt on. Well the problem I am having and dont understand is the big black tubes with the two holes in them. Where do they bolt on? Do I have to weld a couple of bolts onto the frame for these? If you have pictures of yours I would love to see how you all got them on there. Thanks alot.

Rick

#17TBoneRacing
02-26-2008, 07:16 AM
On the DRX the black metal bracket lines up with holes in the stock floorboard mount. It may be necessary to drill the ones on the predator to fit. The front should have u bolts to secure that part.

Redline925
02-26-2008, 04:48 PM
is there any way you can take pictures of these on yours where the holes are? Are they in the frame or on the flat bar that comes out under the old floorboard mounts?? Thanks

dericsdad
02-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Sounds to me like you have the weld on style nerfs, that require you to cut the old brackets for the floorboards off of the frame, and then weld the 4 tubes for the nerf bars to the frame. Didn't you get a set of instructions with the nerfs? our XFR weld on style nerfs came with instructions and look/work great! I have seen more than one of the bolt on style nerfs come off because the floorboard bracket broke off of the frame!

Redline925
02-26-2008, 08:55 PM
it did come with instructions but it says to unbolt old floorboards and keep the nuts. Reuse the nuts but there is nothing for us to use them nuts on. Only way i can see these working is if i weld a couple of bolts onto the frame and then bolt that tube to the frame. Im not fond of this bolt on style but they were a great deal. Might just have someone weld the complete flange onto the frame. Thanks for everyones input.

Nichols Atvs
02-27-2008, 08:49 AM
CAN YOU POST SOME PICS OF ALL THE STUFF YOU GOT SO WE CAN TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE THEN TELL YOU WHAT TO DO.

Heath

Redline925
03-01-2008, 07:19 AM
here are the pictures of the nerfs layed out on the floor. Let me know what you all think.

Redline925
03-01-2008, 07:22 AM
another

Redline925
03-01-2008, 07:23 AM
side of quad

dericsdad
03-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Those look like the "bolt on" nerf bars for a Dinli atv. They aren't a direct bolt on for anything alse. you will have to cut the old floor board brackets off, and have a tube wleded to each side of the frame, like the usual "weld on" style nerf's. I really like the xfr weld on nerfs we put on Deric's Predator 90 last year, to mee they look better and stronger than the other brands out there. If you got a really good deal on these left over Dinli nerfs, than it would be worth it to make them work. Dan.

dericsdad
03-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Go to www.maximumrpm.com and you will see the pic's of these Dinli nerfs, and the other universal weld on nerfs.

Redline925
03-01-2008, 09:29 PM
i thought about just welding bolts onto the frame and bolting those flanges onto those bolts. Think that will be enough to hold them or is that too risky of having them snap off?

dericsdad
03-03-2008, 10:01 PM
definitly too risky. look at the pictures on the maximum rpm website. Better to cut the flanges off thetubes you got with the nerfs, and grind the ends to fit the contour of the frame, then have weld them directly to the frame. You'll need to cut the stock floorboard mounts off of the frame to do it though. Otherwies I think the "bolt on" nerfs for the Apex quads should fit.