PDA

View Full Version : upgrades/tires for '07 trx250ex

rescuescrub
02-25-2008, 03:59 PM
hey all looking for some advice on upgrades for my atv. also as to tires . im looking at maxxis but am wondering if i should stay with 22's or drop to 20's in the rear. am wondering as to acceleration vs top end speed. i know there isnt much to do but would appreciate any help, .. thnxs in advance.

02-25-2008, 05:23 PM
HMF exhaust, K&N air filter, jets/Maxxis Razr tires.

rescuescrub
02-25-2008, 05:37 PM
thnxs. i think the person i bought it from might of did like a stage one kit since there is a k/n filter and an outerwear cover . wonder if he jetted it also. on other thing bout the tires. 20's or stay with the 22's......

02-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Just drop it to 20" You will lose a few MPH on top end but how often are you topped out? 20" will make it handle better because it will sit a little lower and have less roll.

250excrf250r
02-25-2008, 07:49 PM
get complete exhaust, jets, airfilter w/ no lid, and i ride with 20 inch razrs and it has more acceleration and maybe 5mph lost but like fox rider said before me said how often are you toped out

rescuescrub
02-26-2008, 06:12 AM
thnxs for the help wonder whatsize jet would work best sounds like you have what im lookin my '07 to be like....thnxs again

250excrf250r
02-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by rescuescrub
thnxs for the help wonder whatsize jet would work best sounds like you have what im lookin my '07 to be like....thnxs again

i run a 110 mainjet with the new jet needle and the eclip on 4th position. you get 5or6 jets for dynojet and a new throttle needle and you just adjust the eclip yourself. also if you wanted you could run the 112 main. i also run the full exhaust with NO spark arrester. make sure you dont have that in because it will alter the jetting also run witha aftermarket foam filter no toil or twin air so you can run no airbox lid. if you want to see a picture of my quad go to the tread ( lets se those sick 250's) and my 250 is on page 8 it also was posted my 450rjam so if you want to see what you bike would look like with pipe, nerfs and razrs. wontbe able to see airfilter or jet kit obviously. hope this helps but honestly i would upgrade to a 400ex intead of dumping a bunch of money into it beacause there is only a LIMITED amount of things for preformance and also look at revbox's for the 250 if you dont upgrade to a bigger bike. revboxs also DO NOT effect jeetting.