PDA

View Full Version : How do I pack my shorty?

skatrdude20
02-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Guys, I have a shorty Sparks pipe and the kid I bought it off of did not have the core and cap. So I bought a NEW core and cap and NEW packing. So when they came I cut the core down to fit, but the packing can`t be cut because it is like one big bag, and if I cut it open it`ll go everywhere, So I`m asking, how do I find packing to make it short enough to go with my silencer?

jim_beam_racer
02-25-2008, 07:04 PM
you should be able to get moose packing somewhere and you take it out of the bag to fit your core or you can get fmf that you just wrap around your core

d3ktrix
02-25-2008, 11:29 PM
You got the packing right from Sparks right?
Their packing is just a big bag of loose packing. Just open it up, rip out what you need and pack it around the core.
There should be directions in the bag, on the back of the label.

skatrdude20
02-26-2008, 06:25 AM
Naa the packing I got is like a big packing pillow. And it has a stocky sheet on it and u just wrap it around the core and stick it together. I tried cutting it and stuffing it it in but when I ran my bike a bunch of strands came flying out...

CSR400EX
02-26-2008, 11:54 PM
lol, looks like you ended up with my old Sparks. before my end cap and core seemed to disappear after it fell out on the trail, i used Moose packing that was one sheet and cut it to fit, wrapped it up, put it all back together. i liked the deep sound and thump that shorty had, but the neighbors didnt:devil:

d3ktrix
02-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by skatrdude20
Naa the packing I got is like a big packing pillow. And it has a stocky sheet on it and u just wrap it around the core and stick it together. I tried cutting it and stuffing it it in but when I ran my bike a bunch of strands came flying out...

Ah, did Sparks give u that or get it some where else?

ohsobad_chevy
02-27-2008, 02:46 PM
The easiest way to do this is to take the packing pillow that you got from sparks and cut the pillow down to the size of the can and put the open end to the back. Shouldn't be that difficult.