PDA

View Full Version : cobra

300EXer
11-19-2002, 12:05 AM
im wantin somethin real loud! just to piss people off. i heard cobra has a real loud pipe. so i kinda want that. and i hear its only like 90 bucks canadaian ( yeah thats rite im from canada)
so tell me wut any of yous think of this pipe. O and my buddy took off his silencer, so its straight off the header. wut kind of damage will this do?

sprtrx300ex
11-19-2002, 06:30 AM
It's not a good thing to have a loud pipe. Cobras are not the best. They are loud and give very little performance. I get a different pipe.

flaneledholes
11-19-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by sprtrx300ex
It's not a good thing to have a loud pipe. Cobras are not the best. They are loud and give very little performance. I get a different pipe.

I agree here. And what kinda crack was your buddy on when he decided to take the silencer off?????:confused: :rolleyes: :huh

Texan32
11-19-2002, 08:10 AM
he is probably going to burn up his valves. exhausts are designed for a reason. the have more to do with the engine than just "making it quiet and slowing it down"

yes, the cobra is loud. A buddy has one on his warrior. The only reason he baught it though is because the warrior is his back-up quad and his factory exhaust got demolished. Stated by him, the pipe added no noticible power and is ANNOYINGLY LOUD.

OCCRA288
11-19-2002, 10:38 AM
I'm requesting that all threads asking "what is the loudest pipe" etc. be deleted. If you want riding areas you won't want a loud pipe.

Oh yeah if you want to PI$$ people off, light a brown paper bag full of manure on fire and put it infront of the door to their house.

11-19-2002, 12:06 PM
Loud pipes are for retards,,don't put yourself in that catagory..

Cobras are junk so if you want to make yourself and your quad look like trash then go for it.

Texan32
11-19-2002, 12:48 PM
hey rico...tell us what you really think:devil

Sportrax10
11-19-2002, 02:19 PM
allthough i dont like loud pipes and i am agaist them and agree with what everyone else said, i will try to answer your Q

Cobra are loud but are pieces of junk, DG are loud and are also junky but i think they are better.....

11-19-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Texan32
hey rico...tell us what you really think:devil

Well I don't really want to be that way but his 2nd sentance said he wanted to piss people off...Well his wish is granted. I don't really have much against loud pipes when there used at the race track,,but when poopy pants the local trouble maker puts a loud pipe on his quad and starts pissen more people off,,it gets under ma skin. :D

I could leave my house and ride for hours but I don't because i live in a residentual area and the people do not like quads because of the other retards with loud pipes that come thru there all the time..I take my loud bike away from the public and around others that don't mind loud pipes..

11-19-2002, 04:35 PM
actually my brothers old 300ex had a cobra exhaust and a kn air filter and could keep up with a stock 400ex through the first 4 gears, i think it was geared down slighly, like one less tooth out back

jay's 300
11-19-2002, 05:25 PM
Well I have a DG system and yeah it is loud, but for the price vs. the power you can't beat it! I'm not one to b*tch usually, but when was the last time you seen a thread labeled " My DG pipe broke!" I'm just tired of everyone bashing the DG when it's a pretty good pipe and is a good power improvement! Just my $.02! :devil I don't reccomend getting it just to piss ppl off or just because it is loud, but I do if you don't want to put $300 into a good exhaust system! :D

300EXer
11-19-2002, 05:36 PM
by pissing people off, i meant my ridin buddies. its so funny when i race a blaster and wines because he cant hear or tell whne to shift because he cant hear it. in town i've driven with loud things, and u can keep em quiet. but i cant complain about the power of my bike so i figured mite as well make em loud. but i didnt tnotcie they were suck pieces of ****. so i guess i'll look into DG.