PDA

View Full Version : Well I made it

SGA
11-04-2001, 09:51 PM
Had first race this weekend X/C-Harescramble Palatka, FL. 10 Mile course 4 miles woods, 3 miles fields & 3 miles bushhogged palmetto thickets. i loved the woods & fields, the palmetto roots were brutal on everyone. about 75 quads overall, 25 in my class, 4-stroke B. had 1-1/2 hrs time limit to do 3 laps, ''A'' had to do 4 laps in the same time. came in just under the wire at 1:30. alot did not finish, Bent axles, wrecks or ran out of time. i was told i did good finishing on time being this was my first race. It rained hard during the second lap, then stopped,very hot & humid. fought my goggles fogging the rest of the race, pulled them off somtimes just in time to get a facefull of roost. Had one wreck, Right front hooked a stump, quad did full foward roll over, me too. dug the dirt out of the controls and kept going. I am so sore i can barely move,I loved it, I'm going back.

Tommy 17
11-05-2001, 01:26 PM
who thought beatin the h*** outta ur quad and urself could be so much fun haha. i wanna do a gncc race soon but i dunno where to go to get into it.

SGA
11-05-2001, 02:20 PM
go to the gncc web site. has rules, dates & such. i gonna knock tires with the pros or at least get out of the way when they blow by when they run down south here:D

angelon400ex
11-05-2001, 03:23 PM
Sounds like someone else has been bitten by the racing bug!!!! I got it bad myself in August and now plan on racing the entire season next year. Email me anytime if you want to talk about racing. I think we could end up at some of the same races. I plan on racing two of the GNCC next year.

trx400ex
11-05-2001, 04:22 PM
21, come down to the ohio and crawfordsville races,,,i think they said this year at the ironman gncc it was the biggest race EVER., but after seeing one, every race trashes about 100k worth of quad parts,,