PDA

View Full Version : Good MP3 Player?

NorCalRacer
02-25-2008, 08:57 AM
All right, for the last couple years I've had an ipod I take with me to work. The screen is starting to go out. I tried to put a new ipod on my computer and it just freezes. Most of my music is in i-tunes, and my itunes will not work with any other ipod than mine.Furthermore, apple corp. locked me out of over 80% of the music in my itunes when I bought a new compute,r for some reason and hasn't told me why, despite several e-mails and telephone inquiries over the course of several months. So, all the music I purchased recently is gone forever. My ipod plays on shuffle, but that is all it does without the screen. So, here is my question, is there a good MP3 player out there? One that doesn't change it's software every two months and then take your purchased music back from you. One with good customer service (apple has the worst customer service policies I have encountered in my life), and lastly, downloads off of subscription sites like rapsody so I can legally get all my purchased music for a second time. Is there a product out there like that, or are they all made by crooks like apple?

Thanks guys, I'm at the end of my rope with technology.

Toadz400
02-25-2008, 11:45 AM
I would just get a phone with an MP3 player built it. My brother and sister have the same Nokia MP3 player cell phone and it works great. I too am looking for an MP3 player and I believe I'll end up upgrading my phone for one with the player just because that's one less thing I have to carry around. The accessories have grown for them also as my brother has a wireless headset for his phone that plays his music and he can also talk through them.

elmer91
02-25-2008, 01:32 PM
I own a Sandisk, and i love it. They are very dependable, i have had 2 so far, and never have had any trouble out of either of them. all the people i talk to that owns one say they love it. they are tough to, i drop mine about every day, it gets tossed across the room to my bed, and has hit the wall hard multiple times, and still works great. and sandisk has good customer service, i have only used it once, for my flash drive. go here, and you can see the different mp3 players
http://www.sandisk.com/sansa/

chadbarger18
02-25-2008, 08:14 PM
i have a zune and love it but wouldnt throw it for any thing but i think its because i bought it myself i never use the subscriptions just pay for limewire

J//FLY
02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
yeah i have a zune too i luv it its a lil big though

J//FLY
02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
yeah i have a zune too i luv it its a lil big though

miller821
02-25-2008, 11:31 PM
I have a Zune too, and they are very very nice... I've had little trouble with it, and when I do their customer service is great at helping you through... I also purchased a warranty, and mine just went out about a month ago... Sent it in, and a week after them receiving it, I got a very nice re-furbished one (No questions asked)... I really can't complain, but like stated they are a bit big... Correct me if i'm wrong though, but they just came out with a little version?

Toadz400
02-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Yea they came out with smaller versions to compete with the iPod. I would recommend Zune also as I know a few people that have them and have heard nothing but good things. They also are capable of doing more than the iPod.

Scooter86
02-26-2008, 07:50 PM
I have a Sandisk Sansa and a current gen IPod Nano. I prefer the Sansa although IPods do have a few nice features like the bigger screen. If you are looking for something that will work well with rhapsody then Sansa is probably your best bet. The only 2 negatives I have found with mine so far is the screen is really to small for any serious photo/video viewing and if you use the microSD slot and put much stuff on the card, boot times are pretty long. Once it is up and running though it performs normally(and you get more storage space!)

02-26-2008, 07:53 PM
i have a zune and i love it. the software is easy to use and u can download new upgrades which is cool too. a litle big but idc

NorCalRacer
02-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys, I'll probably go get a zune. Size doesn't matter to me, I just use it through my truck radios and home stereo. Apple just changed their software and lost over 6000 songs, so now I am looking for something that uses MP3 format. The zune sounds like it is the best buy, plus microsoft is a million times better company than apple is. I got the ipod at first because of sll the reviews, but now everyone I know who's had one for more than a few years absolutely hates apple corp. I don't care about the bells and whistles, I just want something that's in a useable format. Is the zune just MP3?

bwamos
02-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
All right, for the last couple years I've had an ipod I take with me to work. The screen is starting to go out.

Why not just buy a new screen? You can get them pretty cheap off of Amazon.

Dont need to buy a new atv when the steering stem gets bent. ;)

416exfreak
02-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Why not just buy a new screen? You can get them pretty cheap off of Amazon.

Dont need to buy a new atv when the steering stem gets bent. ;)

How in the hell do you fix it?

Im looking at mine right now, and I see no way of getting it apart, or getting it back together once you destroy it, getting it apart.

Its easier to junk it and buy a new one. A lot less frustration.:ermm:

bwamos
02-29-2008, 11:49 AM
The new screens come with a special dissasembly tool.

Example one: http://www.amazon.com/Screen-Generation-Replacement-Installation-Manual/dp/B000XTCN3A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1204311063&sr=8-2

Just make sure you get it for the right generation.

I bought a touchscreen for my Palm Treo680. Was fairly simple and a LOT cheaper than a new one.

Johnny Minehan
02-29-2008, 01:37 PM
check out iRiver. i had one for about 3 years until i bought an ipod, i really liked it, it was small, light, and the only battery was 1 AA.

www.iriver.com