PDA

View Full Version : anyone riding this weekend? BPG?TMX?NCMP?anywhere?

coolguy8769
02-25-2008, 06:12 AM
I just got my yfz in full running order and i needa go riding. i have a feeling its gonna be cold but i dont care. Anyone goin anywhere?

i was thinking about BPg but forcast says snow all weekend

dan harris
02-25-2008, 06:33 AM
The proving grounds will be open for riding on Saturday March 1st. Tracks will be open for practice 5 days a week, closed only on Tuesday and Wednesdays. www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

...right now we still have a little snow remaining on the tracks, but hope to have it all gone and tracks to be ready to go by next Saturday. Our first big event of the year is our "Spring Fling" weekend March 28th.

quad2xtreme
02-25-2008, 12:20 PM
NCMP is having races on Saturday and Sunday.

02-25-2008, 04:46 PM
me and a bunch of buddies were planing on going to breezewood for the weekend if the weather starts looking a little better.

Dan please keep me informed. i got like 5-6 people heading down there with me

coolguy8769
02-25-2008, 05:14 PM
jord let me know if you guys are still goin, the last time i was there with yall is the day i F'd my back up

02-25-2008, 05:47 PM
hopefully ill be down there.. if not i dont no what im doing lol

02-25-2008, 05:49 PM
weather looks good all of a sudden? http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USPA0177?from=weekend_topnav_undeclared

Dan if the snow will be off the tracks and the tracks will be in good condition ill be seeing you this weekend!

eastside 400
02-25-2008, 05:50 PM
yo jrod, wilhelm said that kale, andy, and drew wanna head down to NC, prolly gaston, i might be going down too, not sure yet tho

JRP
02-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by eastside 400
yo jrod, wilhelm said that kale, andy, and drew wanna head down to NC, prolly gaston, i might be going down too, not sure yet tho

go to gaston and ncmp 2 weekends from now, not this one but next. Ill be there with some friends. Or lets get together and go to birch creek to practice for the national!:devil:

05Z400rdr
02-25-2008, 08:07 PM
As long as the weather is cooperating, we will probably be at Breezewood this weekend! :D

Landon

02-25-2008, 08:24 PM
i heard gaston sucks. but ncmp is nice. I cant afford that 8 hour trip. so im going to head to breezewood. you guys should just head out there.

JJs450r
02-26-2008, 06:26 AM
ncmp has a race this saturday i shall be there if my sparks comes in along with a few other quads that race a local series with me

dan harris
02-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Glad to hear you guys are planning on heading up this weekend. Right now the snow is melting but they call for a chance of more tonight.

I'll post the track conditions on the Proving Grounds Website and on here Friday Night.

I gotta tell ya though, no matter what the weather does, the tracks won't be up to the standards I try to keep them at. Its just a bad time of year with this weather. Even once the snow melts the ground is still partly frozen and will be thawing out. That brings the water up from the bottom. As usual, I'll do everything I can to make them as good as possible.

02-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Well just keep me updated. I have no where to ride near by here so ill prob head up as long there no snow on the tracks and not to much mud. just keep us updated. have any new pictures of the new rythem section on the big track?

BlasterBTW
02-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Doesnt' matter how much you groom at this time, tracks in PA won't be much good. Sounds like we might have a bunch of D6 guys going down to North Carolina. NCMP has quad only practice and race on Saturday. Other good tracks are Cow Branch, Archer's Lodge and Lake Gaston. All within a resonable distance of each other. Gaston doesn't suck by any means..... its one hell of a long wide open track that'll whip you into shape faster than you think. And if you can clear all the jumps consider yourself amazing.

AtvMxRider
02-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by BlasterBTW
Doesnt' matter how much you groom at this time, tracks in PA won't be much good. Sounds like we might have a bunch of D6 guys going down to North Carolina. NCMP has quad only practice and race on Saturday. Other good tracks are Cow Branch, Archer's Lodge and Lake Gaston. All within a resonable distance of each other. Gaston doesn't suck by any means..... its one hell of a long wide open track that'll whip you into shape faster than you think. And if you can clear all the jumps consider yourself amazing.

Where is Archer's lodge?

JJs450r
02-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by BlasterBTW

all the hellbound boys commin down look forward to see them ride again

i think archers is called mxpe as well not 2 positive

coolguy8769
02-26-2008, 09:23 PM
we really REALLY need some places north of Richmond..... Gas is gonna KILL me this year!!

dopeyferree
02-27-2008, 03:22 AM
I hear you on the places north of richmond. BPG and NCMP are the closest to me both being about 3.5 hrs each way.

BlasterBTW
02-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Where is Archer's lodge?

Archers Lodge is also MXPE (Motox Park East) All I can find is a myspace page for them .... http://www.myspace.com/motoxparkeast

It's fairly close to Raleigh, NC .... If i remember right.

02-27-2008, 08:39 PM
just let you no atco opens up 2ed weekend in march. there finishing up track changes now

coolguy8769
02-27-2008, 08:49 PM
if its gonan be cold as it was today F this, it was 25 with the wind

im just sayin there no way i can pay gas and pay an entrance fee to just freeze

JJs450r
02-27-2008, 10:04 PM
come on down its supposed to be nice out in the 60s

KXRida
02-28-2008, 02:52 PM
If the weather holds clear and my MH3's are in on time (they are backordered for now... ugh) I'm wanting to come down on my spring break which is mid march.

dan harris
02-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I hate to have to do this but I'm gonna have to hold off opening the Proving Grounds one maybe two more weeks until the weather is a little better.

Unfortunately the tracks still have a good bit of snow left on them and they call for more tomorrow. The ground is still frozen and as it thaws its just making the tracks a mess.

I'll have info posted on the front page of the website. No matter what our spring fling March 28th will be a go.

05Z400rdr
02-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Dan, I am sorry to hear that; that is really unfortunate. =/ The weather around here has not been good for riding or anything for a while, too. We are all planning on riding somewhere this weekend, but I am not positive where yet. Some of the guys were thinking about the Landing or somewhere....? But we are still unsure.

JJs450r, where are you talking about? And are you serious about the temp? haha

Landon

quad2xtreme
02-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Landon,

He is serious...it is supposed to be in the low 60's on Saturday and Sunday in NC (Louisburg and Raleigh, anyhow) with only a 10% chance of rain. NCMP is having ATV races on Saturday and bike races on Sunday. Open practive on Saturday from 8:00am until 1:00pm then the races start around 2:30-3:00.

You could go to Cow Branch, Jacksonville, or a few other tracks...maybe even Danville, VA. Danville will be in the high 50s with a 20% chance of rain.

Let me know if you come down this way. I am waiting for my front shocks to come back but I have my 400ex or my wife's stock 450.

/Jon

05Z400rdr
02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Oh, wow! Haha that's awesome! The only thing is that I didn't turn 16 yet....real soon, so I wouldn't be able to race at all probably. But I'll have to let everyone know if there is some other half decent places down that way to practice for the weekend. Thanks for the info Jon! Looking forward to riding with you again at Breezewood!

coolguy8769
02-28-2008, 03:51 PM
hmm i'd be willing to go to the Landing if anyone else wants to head that way?

dan harris
02-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah Landon, I hate to close on you guys, I know alot of people wanted to come up and ride. But trust me it wouldn't be worth the drive up here if you seen how messy everything is. Another week or two will make a big difference.

quad2xtreme
02-28-2008, 04:14 PM
I will definitely be heading to BPG for Easter weekend so I know Dan will have everything ready and the weather will be nice. ;)

KXRida
02-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Dan what do you think around like the 14th through like the 20th? If my tires come in by then I'd like to try to make it down, but it's hard to say because they are backordered.

wvspeedfreak
02-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Anybody here racing at Southfork this weekend?

JRP
02-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak

i was going to, but i havent riden in so long, it wouldnt be worth it, need to get some practice time in first. Im riding here locally tomorrow, saturday, and sunday, then next weekend heading to ncmp n gaston. Are you going to south fork jason?

wvspeedfreak
02-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by JRP
. Are you going to south fork jason?

Yeah,I'm taking Austin down.

JRP
02-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Yeah,I'm taking Austin down.

awsome, im sure you guys will have a great time! Track is alright, nothing real tech, but it gets pretty rough(all sand) Let us know how he does jason! Tell him I said goodluck!:)

AtvMxRider
02-29-2008, 10:03 AM

I think we are done racing:ermm:

JRP
02-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I think we are done racing:ermm:

why?

dan harris
02-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Dan what do you think around like the 14th through like the 20th? If my tires come in by then I'd like to try to make it down, but it's hard to say because they are backordered.
I would think by the 14th the tracks should be dried out and in much better shape.

I have 8 tractor trailer loads of mulch coming the first of April. That always makes the tracks much better.

quaddad#123
02-29-2008, 02:09 PM
D7 quads racing at Seaford, DE this weekend.

AtvMxRider
02-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by JRP
why?

Too expensive and the boy's are losing interest.
We may show up to a few but we are done fulltime racing.

05Z400rdr
02-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Well we are headed down to the landing mx for the weekend. If any of you's are goin let me know

Landon

dan harris
03-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
Well we are headed down to the landing mx for the weekend. If any of you's are goin let me know

Landon

Sure wish I was heading down there with you guys! We got another 2" of snow last. ....I'm sick of winter !!!

Have a good trip, looking forward to riding with you guys in a bit.

KXRida
03-01-2008, 07:57 AM
hell 2", we got almost 6 1/2 here in atloona! Jeez this is getting old.

wvspeedfreak
03-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by JRP
awsome, im sure you guys will have a great time! Track is alright, nothing real tech, but it gets pretty rough(all sand) Let us know how he does jason! Tell him I said goodluck!:)

Thanks Jordan.Austin really liked the track even though it was rough in the corners but we didn't even get to race :( The transmission blew in practice so our day was cut short :scary:

JRP
03-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks Jordan.Austin really liked the track even though it was rough in the corners but we didn't even get to race :( The transmission blew in practice so our day was cut short :scary:

dang thats a bummer! I was going to come down there today to watch, but i ended up going to budds creek to watch(wish i would of came to south fork). I know my good friend cole won B class, and one of my best friends came in 3rd in his first B class race, so overall I herd it was a good time. Herd they took the lip off the show stopper(bigger double in front of the stands, not the finish line) and the rythem section was a PITA!

D-7#61-450r
03-01-2008, 07:33 PM
I just heard a Hetric Racing is at Seaford for the weekend. Should be some real good racing going on there Sunday. Sounds like there might be a full A gate.

JRP
03-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
I just heard a Hetric Racing is at Seaford for the weekend. Should be some real good racing going on there Sunday. Sounds like there might be a full A gate.

herd the same. mr harrison told me joel might be running A:blah:

05Z400rdr
03-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
Sure wish I was heading down there with you guys! We got another 2" of snow last. ....I'm sick of winter !!!

Have a good trip, looking forward to riding with you guys in a bit.

Hey Dan, had a fun weekend. Sorry to hear about the weather there, that really sucks!! :scary: Hopefully it will be cleared up by this coming weekend! We just got home a little bit ago. It was pretty fun...Saturday was very windy, and today was very very dusty. Lots of wrecks and stuff today. I even went for a swim in the one pond first thing in the morning :blah: ...and about 5 more went into the ponds, too.. lol. Hopefully see you this weekend! I'm itching to ride there!!!

quad2xtreme
03-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
Hey Dan, had a fun weekend. Sorry to hear about the weather there, that really sucks!! :scary: Hopefully it will be cleared up by this coming weekend! We just got home a little bit ago. It was pretty fun...Saturday was very windy, and today was very very dusty. Lots of wrecks and stuff today. I even went for a swim in the one pond first thing in the morning :blah: ...and about 5 more went into the ponds, too.. lol. Hopefully see you this weekend! I'm itching to ride there!!!

Landon, was the track still riddled with jumps with very short, steep landers? I honestly hated it there. Dan had a good time and I enjoyed spending some time with my new camera. Without the camera, it would have been a complete bust for me. I didn't want to risk getting injured because at 43, you just don't heal up as quick.

quad2xtreme
03-02-2008, 06:06 PM
BTW, it was a beautiful weekend here in NC...low 60s each day. So what did I do??? Hung these curtains and shears...amazing how much work this is to get them right. :grr:

burkebrothers
03-02-2008, 06:52 PM
We were at the landing today, I seen that little dip in the pond, I was suprised you drove right out. We liked the track other than the dust, it's not Breezewood but will have to work until Dan gets opened. Heres a couple of pics from today

Zak hitting the double

JRP
03-02-2008, 06:56 PM
anyone looking to get out and ride next weekend? Come down to ncmp on saturday/sunday. I will be at ncmp all weekend long, and possibly sunday im going to gaston. Friends came back from gaston today and said it was sick, so i really wanna check it out. Let me know

burkebrothers
03-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Joel hitting one of the doubles

coolguy8769
03-02-2008, 07:13 PM
jordan i would love to come down, i quit my job tonight so i have 2 weeks of free time till i start my new one

quad2xtreme
03-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by JRP
anyone looking to get out and ride next weekend? Come down to ncmp on saturday/sunday. I will be at ncmp all weekend long, and possibly sunday im going to gaston. Friends came back from gaston today and said it was sick, so i really wanna check it out. Let me know

Jordan,

I will definitely be there one of the two days. I will call Colby to get him to ship my front shocks out via 2-day so I have them in time. I have a party to go to Saturday night though. You gonna be at NCMP early Saturday morning or are you driving down Saturday morning?

/Jon

05Z400rdr
03-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Landon, was the track still riddled with jumps with very short, steep landers? I honestly hated it there. Dan had a good time and I enjoyed spending some time with my new camera. Without the camera, it would have been a complete bust for me. I didn't want to risk getting injured because at 43, you just don't heal up as quick.

Yeah, you pretty much summed it all up right there....except for one other word....dust! haha, this was the first that I was ever there, I did have a great time, but a lot of the landings are horrible....that and some of the dirtbike ruts were starting to get a little nasty. Overall, it was a good time, but it doesn't come close to the Proving Grounds!

Originally posted by burkebrothers
We were at the landing today, I seen that little dip in the pond, I was suprised you drove right out. We liked the track other than the dust, it's not Breezewood but will have to work until Dan gets opened. Heres a couple of pics from today

Zak hitting the double

Yeah, I knew if I would have left of I would have sunk, so I just kept it pinned and slowly inched my way out, lol. And wow.....Zak is fast!! By the way, love the new Kawi's, too!

Originally posted by JRP

We'll be riding next weekend, not sure where yet, though. Dad and I really want to go to Breezewood if it is open by then

dan harris
03-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Well all the snow finally melted up here in Breezewood. The warm weather is thawing the ground out. I'm almost done the downhill ski jump and the uphill flag jump. As long as we don't get any crazy weather I would expect to be open this weekend. I'll post pics and updated track conditions on here and the front page of my site as the weekend gets closer.

AtvMxRider
03-04-2008, 06:42 AM
VMP is having a open practice the 29th anybody going?