PDA

View Full Version : 2008 ltr450 warrenty

kfx400rider03
02-24-2008, 10:30 PM
i just got a 2008 ltr450. I was woundering are there any mods. that want void the warrenty?

Drewltr450
02-25-2008, 07:57 AM
like ANYTHING will, i HATE WARRENTYS i went ot my dealer cause my axle bent slightly off a jump and they said because i had a pipe, my quad went to fast off the jump and thats what made the axle break. Warrenty's are a waste of $$$ unless you keep your wuad 100% stock. Your dealer will find something about your quad to void the warrenty.

kfx400rider03
02-25-2008, 11:24 AM
its the warrenty thats come with the quad (6 month warrenty)
and i bent my back rim a tiny bit the other day would they cover that.

jherbie28
02-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by kfx400rider03
its the warrenty thats come with the quad (6 month warrenty)
and i bent my back rim a tiny bit the other day would they cover that.

alot of times it depends on how good of a relationship you have with your dealer, the wheel thing i highly dout they will do anything but laugh at you:p no offense. warrenty does not cover wear and tear, such as wheels and tires. good luck with what ever happens.

kfx400rider03
02-25-2008, 06:00 PM
yea i kno it doesnt cover wear and tear on the quad but if something goes wrong with it motorwise when its stock.

and by the way would it cover a bent rim?
cause i bent mine the other day its not bad but its sommething that made me a little mad when it happened

kfx400rider03
02-25-2008, 06:01 PM
yea i kno it doesnt cover wear and tear on the quad but if something goes wrong with it motorwise when its stock.

coryatver
02-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Drewltr450
like ANYTHING will, i HATE WARRENTYS i went ot my dealer cause my axle bent slightly off a jump and they said because i had a pipe, my quad went to fast off the jump and thats what made the axle break. Warrenty's are a waste of $$$ unless you keep your wuad 100% stock. Your dealer will find something about your quad to void the warrenty.

just keep your stock parts and put it back on when you take it to the dealer. We all know oh it went to fast off the jump cuase you have a pipe is just ripping you off so rip them off right back and put the stock stuff back on.

kfx400rider03
02-25-2008, 08:33 PM
thats what i was thinking of doing if i get any mods before my warrenty is up.

jherbie28
02-26-2008, 10:59 AM
im in the middle of a walsh and fox rebuild but i had some mods when i took mine to the dealer(wheels, tires, handle bars) nothing motor wise. my 06 blew up about 5 months into having it. the rings wore a ripple as smooth as can be in the side of the cylinder and the dealer tried to blame it on dirt:mad: but after a exclusive surch for even the slightist bit of dirt they could find nothing and suzuki took care of it. $1700 in parts and labor they took care of, the rings were not properly set in the piston when it was assembled in the factory and a piece broke off the ring. the cylinder looks like waves in the ocean F-up. so they should cover your motor when its stock. also do you have a powercommander on your bike?

kfx400rider03
02-26-2008, 12:43 PM
my ltr is completely stock.
i had it for about 2 weeks and want to do small mods(air filter, cherry bomb) and if any thing happend i was going to put the stock parts on and take it back to the dealer.

and like drewltr450 said about his axle. but my rim is bent when its stock so why wont they replace it??? is it cause i did it and it was not a mechinical problem???

jherbie28
02-27-2008, 11:46 AM
you dont have to change out your mods(cherry bomb, airfilter) when you take it to the dealer, mine put my cherry bomb on when i bought it:p

gimp419
02-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by jherbie28
im in the middle of a walsh and fox rebuild but i had some mods when i took mine to the dealer(wheels, tires, handle bars) nothing motor wise. my 06 blew up about 5 months into having it. the rings wore a ripple as smooth as can be in the side of the cylinder and the dealer tried to blame it on dirt:mad: but after a exclusive surch for even the slightist bit of dirt they could find nothing and suzuki took care of it. $1700 in parts and labor they took care of, the rings were not properly set in the piston when it was assembled in the factory and a piece broke off the ring. the cylinder looks like waves in the ocean F-up. so they should cover your motor when its stock. also do you have a powercommander on your bike?

Believe it or not but most of the newer 450s that have a Nickacil (sp?) coated cylinder have similar problems. The main problem is that the cylinder is slightly out of round from the factory, and the stock cylinder coating is not that good. They are also set up loose from the factory IMO. You cylinder isn't the first one I've seen develop waves in it. Most dealerships don't know there but from a hole in the ground when it comes to performance quads.
And a warranty won't cover an axle, or a rim. Be glad they cover the motor is most cases. The easiest way to get anything done with your warranty is to call Suzuki yourself and tell them your dealer won't honor the warranty.

DEVINF450R
02-28-2008, 01:05 PM
they won't cover a rim... when you by a car do they cover your bumper if you dent it??