PDA

View Full Version : Dasa Pipe update

Tastykake Kid
02-24-2008, 10:07 PM
:D I was told that the pipe is done and it looks like they're ready to start making them. That's all the news I have for now. I should be able to pick it up in a few weeks. Getting a couple more things done to it while it's there. If I get the before & after dyno info I'll post it here.:D

Quad_Runner
02-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Tastykake Kid
:D I was told that the pipe is done and it looks like they're ready to start making them. That's all the news I have for now. I should be able to pick it up in a few weeks. Getting a couple more things done to it while it's there. If I get the before & after dyno info I'll post it here.:D

Cool, keep us posted.

05specialeditio
03-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Dan was able to provide us with a pipe for Glen Helen Not quite ready for production yet, but it sure was nice to have!

Quad_Runner
03-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Very nice looking pipe. How does it run?

05specialeditio
03-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Runs great! We just finished a new motor, dynoed at 57 hp on 110. That is with 13.5 comp piston and complete head rechambering, and porting. We hope to run this motor at our next race in Arizona, but we are waiting on shocks and Laeger long travel arms for that quad.The DASA pipe really improved bottom and mid range hit on this one! We are adding standard travel +2 arms to this quad this week, and a +2 axle. The Racetown race may be our first test on the new motor just because of the arms and shocks!

spanky101
03-19-2008, 04:12 PM
i would love to see the bike after all the work is done, make sure you post up pictures!

05specialeditio
03-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Talked to Dan at DASA yesterday afternoon. They are still working on pipe specs for KTM. He assured me that they should have something out soon! For now I guess we are the only ones in the world with a full KTM DASA pipe! What must that be worth? LOL just kidding.........

Tastykake Kid
03-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by 05specialeditio
For now I guess we are the only ones in the world with a full KTM DASA pipe! What must that be worth? LOL just kidding.........

It's all good! Enjoy it while it lasts. I'll have one this Tuesday along with some of his other tricks. I pick my KTM up from him then. It's been a while but that just shows the time in R&D that Dan puts into his exhausts. You could say he's been working on this KTM exhaust for 4+ months! The quad should be quite the monster after he's done with it.

& thanks to Sparky YFZ for helping me hunt down those KTM engine parts. You really do know how to get your hands on those IMPOSSIBLE to find parts. Thanks!

05specialeditio
03-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Hey that is awesome! Any idea what your motor dynoed at? 525 or a 450? And just so you know, I was only joking about being the only DASA pipe in the world, I could care less,!Post some pics and let us know how it runs and what all Dan did to it?

Tastykake Kid
03-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Oh I know. That's why I started it off with "It's all good." No idea what kind of #'s yet. I was going to go down to a 450 so I could race the Pro 450 class but it just didn't seem right to make a 525 a 450 so, it's staying big. Hopefully it'll be on the dyno Monday PM or Tuesday AM. I'll of course update everyone with the #'s.

spanky101
03-30-2008, 11:23 AM
if you ever did want to make the 525 a 450 its just a cylinder jug and piston. Im a huge fan of the ktm engines and how that is!

Tastykake Kid
03-30-2008, 11:47 AM
I'll have to wait and see what kind of HP & TQ #'s Dasa is getting out of the built 450's. I really like the big TQ #'s builders are getting out of the big bores. Disregarding how dyno's read differently, if low to mid 60's isn't obtainable from the 450's then I'll have to ride another manufacturer for the 450 class. But for the open class, it's a no brainer (for me) to be on the KTM.
But yes, I will absolutely put the 450 top end on my 525 if Dasa can get big #'s from them.