PDA

View Full Version : looking for tire ideas for rear of my 300ex

DANVAN
02-24-2008, 08:48 PM
I do a lot of trail riding, rock, mud, water, snow. Not to much into sand pits.

What is a good type of tire to get? Not sure if I should be looking for the flat/knobby racing type like a holeshot, or a more aggresive type like a bear claw.

I spoke with 2 sport quad rides today and both like their bear claws, but 1 says they are heavy. How much of a factor is weight, my 300 is all stock. 2 guys I ride with have good luck with Holeshots, but actually get stuck more then me with my very worn tires.

I have what might be the original tires on it now, H-Trac P/V 702
They have served me extremly well, I get thru eveything with them, they are not the flat top design like the holeshot, more of a rounded type tire, is this the type of tire I should stick with.

Also size is an issue, I have 22-10-9 now and was thinking about going larger for more clearance and traction. But from what I have read, 22 is about the tallest Ive seen on a 300ex.

Can I/should I go any taller. I still have the factory heal guards on it with 1.5 inch clearance on the right side and 2.5 in on the left. I think a little bending will increase the clearance on the right.
Can I go wider by an inch and use the same rims I have?

Last question, my tire size 22-10-9, 22 = overall tire height, 10 = width of tire, 9 = rim height, is this correct.

BTY, my front tires r 23-7-10 holeshot xct

Thanks

ZSNOW
02-25-2008, 02:07 PM
get a set of razr 2's in a 22-11-9 if you want a square top race tire. if you want a trail round tire get mudlites in 22-11-9

DANVAN
02-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the info.

From the reading I have done, I think I have decided on Kenda Klaw xc, 22-11-9.

I can get them from Rocky Mountain ATV for $114.00 including shipping. Seems like a great price to me.

Just not sure if I should shop for them locally, not sure if I may have a problem finding a local shop to install tires purchased someplace else? Some places are funny that way.

ZSNOW
02-26-2008, 08:42 AM
your local dealer will probably do it for a price.

or just buy a bead breaker if you plan on changing tires alot and do it by yourself. once you get the technique down its easyyy