PDA

View Full Version : 250x dies

glatf70gg
02-24-2008, 08:21 PM
My 250x starts on the first kick. But revs up sounds about quarter throttle. It stays there the whole time. I think it may have the wrong throttle cable on. The real question is. It dies when i engage reverse. I mean it is reving up at idle and as soon as i lift the reverse lever down by my ankle, it shuts down. Kinda wondering what may cause that to happen. Any info would be great. Thanks

bwamos
02-25-2008, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by glatf70gg
My 250x starts on the first kick. But revs up sounds about quarter throttle. It stays there the whole time. I think it may have the wrong throttle cable on. The real question is. It dies when i engage reverse. I mean it is reving up at idle and as soon as i lift the reverse lever down by my ankle, it shuts down. Kinda wondering what may cause that to happen. Any info would be great. Thanks

Sounds like 2 seperate issues really.

1st issue. Have you adjusted the idle on the bottom of your carb to slow the idle down?

2nd issue if you're in neutral, pulling in the clutch, then engaging the reverse lever is it jumping a bit then dying? If so odds are your clutch cable is stretched a bit and just needs adjusted. You should have about 1/16"-3/32" play in the clutch lever before it adds tension to the cable.