PDA

View Full Version : hls suspensions best on the market

craigs
02-24-2008, 01:44 PM
has anybody seen them they are brand new from gtthunder and hmf they start at 495.95 to 895.95

416exfreak
02-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Link por favor?:confused:

416exfreak
02-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Nevermind. Found it myself.

http://www.hlssuspension.com/

boosted3g
02-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Glad to see another suspension company starting up. With all the systems out now some of the more expensive brands should start to rethink their prices. I love how when there are more competition the price drops. For instance 2 years ago when i was looking for headers for my Tundra and the set I wanted was about 700 bucks because not many companies made Tundra headers. Just the other day i was checking into it again and the same headers can be had for around 400 because a few other companies started making them. Just goes to show you that a little competition is always a good thing.

02-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Their Elite sytem is only $895! but there isnt much on anything yet so you dont know what your getting for that much.

ALAMX37
02-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Best suspension on the market? That is a very bold statement for anyone, let alone someone who is producing their first line of aftermarket suspension. I know GTT has been in the suspension game for a while but if you are reusing stock bodies I don't think it will be the best suspension available.

stumpleg
02-25-2008, 06:55 AM
Can't adjust them either.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-25-2008, 08:28 AM
They look like Works shock bodies and shaft assemblies.

craigs
02-28-2008, 06:08 PM
they look likethey dont even have piggybacks or remote

xrxmxcx
02-28-2008, 09:46 PM
pretty steep marketing campaign claiming the "best suspension on the market"

i sure love my gibson/fox setup, or even better the walsh/axis setup on my practice bike

F-16Guy
03-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
They look like Works shock bodies and shaft assemblies.
That may be true, but doesn't that also apply to PEP shocks? I'm sure it's just the basic shocks that are preload only. Laz has been around long enough to know what is expected for a given price point. As a lot of Elka owners will probably attest, a great quality shock with poor set-up doesn't perform any better than a budget shock. If these shocks are decent quality and actually set up properly the first time, they may be a really great value (if that can be said about any aftermarket shock).

03-02-2008, 09:41 PM
I tried to contact HLS by filing out the contact form and such, I never recieved a reply. I want more info than just prices and different models. What exactly do you get with Elite and whats the quality of these. Maybe 1 day I will get contacted back to find out more...

number52
03-04-2008, 09:24 PM
the Elite's will be piggybacks

woodside83
03-06-2008, 07:17 AM
they clame that they can take you stock shocks and make them work as good or if not better than after market. brandon summers has been had shock yfz shocks with the gtt upgrade so who knows it might be the best

LT250RMan
03-07-2008, 07:57 PM
I like how they class there elite series (The HLS Elite Pro Series is designed to outperform any suspension that you have ever tried and has been track-tested by top pros)..LOL. Lets see some proof

03-07-2008, 08:26 PM
yeahs theres a lot of hype and too much confidance in their products, theres really no proof of them being great or as they say the "greatest" and theres really no product info still. Its awesome to see another company out there with awesome prices but their claims are pretty high. If I can get front HLS Pro Elite Series for $875 or w/e it is and they are saying its better than a $2000 PEP setup? Hard to believe give me some proof.

DEVINF450R
03-07-2008, 09:31 PM
if they gave me a set I would give them a try... but doubt I would waste my money and risk races on these

bradley300
03-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
yeahs theres a lot of hype and too much confidance in their products, theres really no proof of them being great or as they say the "greatest" and theres really no product info still. Its awesome to see another company out there with awesome prices but their claims are pretty high. If I can get front HLS Pro Elite Series for $875 or w/e it is and they are saying its better than a $2000 PEP setup? Hard to believe give me some proof.

everyone knows what they can do with stock shocks, so there is plenty of proof as to what they can do with a shock. using a different body dosent really change anything. they are still using the same valving and same GTT designed piston that they do on stock shocks that everyone loves

Places like Elka are ripping pople off with lots of gadgets that add to the price of the shock that you wouldnt need if they did the valving/springing right in the first place. A place like PEP is a good shock, but the demand is so high they jack up the price to slow it down. there is no technical basis for a set of PEP shocks to be 2 grand, its nothing more than supply and demand caused a back up since 2 people build them, so in order to catch up, you slow down the demand

as for too much hype and confidence, how would you like them to advertise? "these shocks are alright" ? there is hype and confidence because nothing GTT has offered has been less than top of the line high quality stuff so far

bradley300
03-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by LT250RMan
I like how they class there elite series (The HLS Elite Pro Series is designed to outperform any suspension that you have ever tried and has been track-tested by top pros)..LOL. Lets see some proof

he has been proving it for 3 years with his stock rebuilds, now he has all that with some improvements, and for people like me that dont have rebuildable shocks

and every other shock company says the exact same thing, why dont you direct some attention towards the way they advertise?

bradley300
03-07-2008, 11:57 PM
here is some proof. 6th overall in the A.M. Florida GNCC from the schoolboy 13-15 year old class on a raptor 250.

At the dealer show, this quad did not have rezzies, only ride height adjust

http://www.racer-results.net/results/gncc/2008/overall.asp?e=1&r=1&s=1

LT250RMan
03-08-2008, 01:38 AM
I dont think a kid on a 250 raptor in cross country racing is classed as a TOP PRO. It still does'nt prove that the shocks are the best in the industry.

number52
03-08-2008, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
everyone knows what they can do with stock shocks, so there is plenty of proof as to what they can do with a shock. using a different body dosent really change anything. they are still using the same valving and same GTT designed piston that they do on stock shocks that everyone loves

Places like Elka are ripping pople off with lots of gadgets that add to the price of the shock that you wouldnt need if they did the valving/springing right in the first place. A place like PEP is a good shock, but the demand is so high they jack up the price to slow it down. there is no technical basis for a set of PEP shocks to be 2 grand, its nothing more than supply and demand caused a back up since 2 people build them, so in order to catch up, you slow down the demand

as for too much hype and confidence, how would you like them to advertise? "these shocks are alright" ? there is hype and confidence because nothing GTT has offered has been less than top of the line high quality stuff so far

I agree 100%

DEVINF450R
03-08-2008, 09:11 AM
I hope they get a rear shock... THAT I will buy

number52
03-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by DEVINF450R
I hope they get a rear shock... THAT I will buy

You're already running their rear shock!

DEVINF450R
03-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by number52
You're already running there rear shock!

:huh how'd you know that??

number52
03-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Woohahaa! Now I've got you thinking huh? Hint: I talked to you on the phone this morning. Don't tell

bradley300
03-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by LT250RMan
I dont think a kid on a 250 raptor in cross country racing is classed as a TOP PRO. It still does'nt prove that the shocks are the best in the industry.

well that would be a subjective statement, who decides what "best" means anyway?. i would say a kid beating 190 riders most nearly double his age, on a smaller slower quad at a fast high speed track does say something about the shocks tho.

LT250RMan
03-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
well that would be a subjective statement, who decides what "best" means anyway?. i would say a kid beating 190 riders most nearly double his age, on a smaller slower quad at a fast high speed track does say something about the shocks tho.

Its not the suspension that makes someone fast its the riding skills they have. I just find it kinda funny that they say their shocks are the best when they just came out on the market and I have never seen a set on a quad before.

<DRS>GPF
03-09-2008, 08:08 AM
"Now comes HLS Suspension, a joint project between Hans Luenger and Lazarus Sommers. "

they have a pretty good knowledge base to back them up though.

good.. i hope it brings aftermarket shocks down a bit. ive always thought of aftermarket shocks and other components as grossly overpriced for the technology..

DEVINF450R
03-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by number52
Woohahaa! Now I've got you thinking huh? Hint: I talked to you on the phone this morning. Don't tell

gotcha;) but I meant a remote rezzie with high and low speed compression and rebound... would be nice

bradley300
04-05-2008, 07:52 PM
update:

i finally rode my HLS shocks today and everything they advertise is true.

Ive had a blaster with LT Laeger a-arms and elka piggy rez. comp adjust shocks, a blaster with SMS LT a-arms and elka piggy rez(not the same set that were on the laeger front end), comp adjust shocks, and a YFZ450 with the GTT/ATVFP front end (i didnt have the hi-perf pistons tho). what i have now isa SMS LT front end with HLS non-rez, preload adjust only shocks on a raptor250 and this front end is hands down the best ive ridden. it soaks up everything and i rode for 3 hours on my practice xc track and they didnt fade.