PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Suspension

Fear250r
02-24-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm looking to finally get new suspension for the bike and I was wondering if anybody has used or heard much about Stadium Suspension. One of the guys at C&D said they're great and I've seen them at a local shop, but the guy didn't know anything about them, just that they were high end. And if you know, how do they compare to the other brands. Thanks

FoxMxRiders
02-24-2008, 01:12 PM
I have runned a set on my 400ex and there great shock !!! I recommend it

BlaineKaiser450
02-24-2008, 01:18 PM
i heard that they are pretty good

Colby@C&DRacing
02-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Hands down they are one of the best shocks available. They are truely hand crafted for each riders. They also have outstanding personal service. You don't know what you are missing by running other brands of aftermarket shocks.:)

ZSNOW
02-25-2008, 02:10 PM
stadium is a good company. but elkas(IMHO) are a better shock. i think over all quality is better.imo

korniev
02-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
stadium is a good company. but elkas(IMHO) are a better shock. i think over all quality is better.imo
After what happened to our ELKAs on a race in France, I just can't see the point in what u r saying.....

ALAMX37
02-25-2008, 02:38 PM

Your kidding right? Do you know anything about what type of internal components either of them use. I wouldn't be caught dead with Elka's on anything of mine.

Fear250r
02-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Ok, what about the springs. On their website they show the shocks with the progressive springs and the guy at C&D talked about, but what the difference between having the progressive spring vs. the 3 different springs with different rates? Any advantages/disadvantages of either set-up? And I definitely won't be getting Elka's, but thanks for your opinion.

korniev
02-25-2008, 03:17 PM
I think any of those systems can work really well for u, as long as it is all set up right......I am running the common triple rate and it works awsome.......

Fear250r
02-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Korniev
Do you have Stadiums? And by "common", do you mean the 1 spring or the regular set up with the 3 springs. If you do have the Stadiums, how do you like them? Can you compare them to other shocks you might have used in the past? Do you think their price is justified? Any more info would be great, thanks. I talked with a C&D guy, but I'm trying to get real info from people that have used them.

Ex_Rider43
02-25-2008, 09:50 PM
yes they are great. like C&D said , they build the shock according to your specs and preferences so you get a shock that you will really like.

One of the things that is nice with Stadium is the adjustements. 1 click makes a difference ... not like some other brands where you can barely feel any changes after 10 clicks of compression.

They can also service ANY other brand of suspension , I sent my Fox shocks last week and called tonight and they are ready to ship.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-26-2008, 08:59 AM
They show pics on their site of shocks with progressive springs but you can get dual,triple and quad rate. As for their adjusters they are the most responsive on the market as state one click is a noticable change. I am not just saying this because I sell them we sell alot of other shocks too. My wife is a 2 time xc champion and she uses the stadium quadrate high/low lt front shocks and the stadium lt high/low rear on her 450r and loves them. As for the price you get what you pay for, have you priced a quality brand piggy back long travel shock with high and low speed lately. Quality costs money.

Fear250r
02-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Went down to the local shop today to see the Stadiums up close. The owner was recommending the Fox Evols. So, who likes what better? Pros/Cons of either?

04TRX400EX
02-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Unfortunately I do not have much experience with different brands of shocks besides Elka's. However, I do have a lot of confidence in Colby at C&D Racing. If he swears by the quality of Stadium shocks, I would give them a try.

ZSNOW
02-27-2008, 05:14 AM
i HEAR fox evols have some pretty good body roll. but they are the best for jumping. but if someone knows different prove me wrong.

02-27-2008, 05:37 AM
i HEAR fox evols have some pretty good body roll. but they are the best for jumping. but if someone knows different prove me wrong.

No I hear the same they are great for jumping but have more body roll than a standard type shock.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-27-2008, 09:09 AM
The fox shocks are good shocks also. As for them having body roll that is tunable with air pressure. My only complaint about the fox evols is that they are not a set it and forget it setup you have to check the pressures often.

Fear250r
02-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Colby - I spoke with you on the phone today and want to say Thank you for all the info. I think I'll end up going with the Stadiums, so I'll be calling again. I did mean to ask you, what is the build time for them? Again, thanks for your help.

KFX450Rrider
02-28-2008, 05:36 AM
could you get Stadiums with Ti springs?

Colby@C&DRacing
02-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Build time on the stadium shocks is about two weeks.

They do not offer TI springs

NJ450rider
02-28-2008, 09:27 AM
My new Fox evols are going to be here next tuesday. I cant wait to try them out! I always here people say that about the body roll but from what im told by people who actually ride/race on em its how you set them up. If theres body roll you gotta adjust the main air chamber a lil bit. Also getting the fox evols with the dual speed compression(high/low) eliminates the chance of there ever being body roll. And true you need to adjust them and check air pressure. Fox reccommends every 20 to 30 degrees in temp change to retune them and adjust air accordingly. Its no diff than checking the air in your tires before a ride. And if your serious about a great suspension setup why wouldnt you take to time to make sure there right to get the best ride out of them?

Ive never tried any of Stadiums shocks but i have never heard anything bad about them ever either!

Id say you would be very very happy with either one!

KFX450Rrider
02-29-2008, 02:57 PM
that kinda sucks they dont have an option for Ti springs my buddy had Custom Axis tri rate tri adjust and then he got a pair of ti sprung ones tri adjust and there was a noticble difference for me on how they worked i loved them

Fear250r
02-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Let me know how you like those Evols. Do you race or just a little of everything?

chronicsmoke
03-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Robbing the grave with this one but I didnt want to start a new thread..

I just got off the phone with Terry @ Stadium. Everytime I talk to him on the phone I am more and more impressed by their customer service. I recomend them to anyone.

The owner of Elka used to work for stadium, but went his seperate ways. Stadium specializes in quality not quantity

korniev
03-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Fear250r
Korniev
Do you have Stadiums? And by "common", do you mean the 1 spring or the regular set up with the 3 springs. If you do have the Stadiums, how do you like them? Can you compare them to other shocks you might have used in the past? Do you think their price is justified? Any more info would be great, thanks. I talked with a C&D guy, but I'm trying to get real info from people that have used them.

Wow that took me a while to post this reply))) Sorry for that bro!! I run Motowoz shocks. 3 springs. These are awsome shocks but Stadiums are also very much competable!!

03-29-2012, 10:51 AM
i run the float x evols and as stated body roll can be eliminated with all of the adjustments.i was skeptical in the beginning on the maintenance end but it only takes a few minutes to pump them up and then you're ready to roll.it gives you a good chance to get familiar with and inspect them every ride.basically infinite adjustments so you can literally go from the track to the xc course/trails with the same suspension and just make a few pressure and comp/rebound adjustments and be relatively competitive.plus with the evol chamber you're not going to bottom these shocks if your settings are correct,if you do you wont be alive to worry about it anyway because you woud have to acid drop off the grand canyon essentially.

i haven't run stadiums but i have run most triple rate with rezzie shocks and the floats are in a league of their own.IMO of course.