PDA

View Full Version : I need some information on the D class races

TC17
11-18-2002, 09:17 PM
i told my dad about the D class. he talked to my mom about it and she seems in the middle about it. could i please have some information on the D class? i heard that you can't double in that class. my mom said as long as i'm not doing any doubles i might be able to race. the only 2 times i wrecked were on doubles. thanks.

racerx573
11-18-2002, 09:37 PM
I am assuming you are talking about District 5??? Well if so, the rule for D class is: You cannot double ANYTHING, whether it be whoops or a jump, and you cannot clear a tabletop. If you do, you will be moved to the C class the next time you race.

TC17
11-18-2002, 09:47 PM
ok. thanks. do you know anything else about that class? i'm seriously considering racing in that class next session(sp?). is that a begginers class? my mom is worried that i'll be trying to keep up with the others guys who have experience and i'll wreck trying to do a doulbe. good, i don't have to double. do you know of any local tracks that have District 5? does Ramey? i'm looking forward to going there in the spring. thanks.

TC17
11-18-2002, 09:51 PM
do i hae to get a AMA card? how much are they? is there anything else i need to know about it? thanks.

11-18-2002, 10:14 PM
If your mom is giving you probs with racing due to jumps why not get into some XC stuff so she gets used to it and then move into the MX stuff after she is less "freaked" and more relaxed etc.

Just a thought to lighten your problems.

TC17
11-18-2002, 10:15 PM
XC is icross county right? i don't know if there's a place like that to race around here. i'll look into it. thanks.

Razorback
11-19-2002, 08:25 AM
In my experience, it's almost better to race one level up from where you think you should be. The two biggest reasons in my mind are: 1) it will make you a better racer because the competition is better, and 2) people in the lower classes are inheritently more dangerous because some of them don't know how to race correctly, so they tend to cause more crashes.

If you have any jumping ability at all, you'll be mad at yourself after your first "beginner" class race since you can't double.

tants
11-19-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by 2003TRX250EX
do i hae to get a AMA card? how much are they? is there anything else i need to know about it? thanks.

if you plan on racing on an ama track, then yes you nees a card.
the ama card is $55 and the district card is $55 (well around here they are) also you gotta pay just to get in the track. ($10-15)

so if you plan on racing bring at least $150 to the track to register/sign up.
good luck!

TC17
11-19-2002, 03:42 PM
there is only one jump that i have doubled. there is another one i attemped and another one i am going to try and attempt.

what class do you have to be in to get money? i'm not interested in that but i'm just wandering. no sponsors or anything until your in the higher classes like A and B? what's the difference from ama and district? thanks again.

AtvMxRider
11-19-2002, 03:59 PM
Well I only paid $39 for my ama card and $20 to join the district.

Derek
11-19-2002, 05:02 PM
hey 2003trx250ex...... the district card for us is 15 and the atva card is 39. Make sure you get atva instead of ama. Atva makes sure we are set at the races and not shoved in the corner.

Ryan
11-19-2002, 05:43 PM
Isn't D class a new class. I was going to race D class because I thought it was for beginners or just starting to race but I can clear a double no problem. I better start out on C class so I can really run myself out! and i got a question. How do you join the distric and what does it do?

Derek
11-19-2002, 05:44 PM
you have to join the district in order to race. O yea and 2003trx250ex you have a pm.

Ryan
11-19-2002, 05:45 PM
I thought you only had to join the ATVA to race.

Derek
11-19-2002, 05:48 PM
and join the district.

Ryan
11-19-2002, 05:56 PM
Why do you have to join both of them?

racerx573
11-19-2002, 06:10 PM
The D class is also called a true beginners class, we had a lot of riders scared away in D5 since 1st race guys had to run in the open 2-stroke or open 4-stroke. The D class will hopefully draw more of a quad crowd here in D5. You HAVE to be a member of the District in which you are racing, and you need the ATVA or AMA card. So tell your mom this class is pretty much for 1st time racers and the really bad riders. That's pretty much all there is to know about the class. Tracks include:
Rolling Thunder (Ramey, Pa)
High Point (Mt. Morris, Pa)
Beaver Valley (I forget where)
Pleasure Valley (Johnstown, Pa)
Challenger Raceway (Jacksonville, Pa)
Field of Dreams (Boswell, Pa)
Steel City (Delmont, Pa)
There's at least 10 more tracks.
www.district5ama.org for more info
for more links go to my site, and go to Racing Info

TC17
11-19-2002, 06:12 PM
thanks! that helped a lot! i am probably going to race at Rolling Thunder Raceway or Panther Hollow.

racerx573
11-19-2002, 06:13 PM
As of now, I am not sure if Panther is a D5 track, also how old are you??

Derek
11-19-2002, 06:41 PM
Im going to enter in D class but im pretty sure ill be outta there pretty quickly.

BLURR250X
11-23-2002, 09:54 PM
I ran Quad D class this year in D-5. Yes you can double anything you can.Its differant than the bike D class.But you might want to check at the D-5 website if its still up cause I heard some rumors that there changing all the quad classes to open classes next year.There will still be a beginner quad class but its gonna be open to any type of quad.

Derek
11-24-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by BLURR250X
I ran Quad D class this year in D-5. Yes you can double anything you can.Its differant than the bike D class.But you might want to check at the D-5 website if its still up cause I heard some rumors that there changing all the quad classes to open classes next year.There will still be a beginner quad class but its gonna be open to any type of quad.

ummmmmmm this year is the first year for these classes...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

racerx573
11-24-2002, 11:53 AM

Well you're wrong cuz the "old D class" doesnt exist. There are 6 quad classes now, and they do not go by 2-stroke or 4-stroke or displacement, so the Blaster class, aka D class does not exist.
There classes are as follows:
Open A
Open B
Open C
Open D: beginners class, no double jumping, or clearing table tops, I believe the D5 ref, Craig McClellan has the right to move up anyone he thinks needs to.
And there are 2 peewee classes.
All classes are by skill level, like the bikes, and I believe there are advancement points. As of now D riders do not get year end or state championship awards, and I am not sure if C riders do either. For more info on D5 quad classes email the D5 quad ref. Joe Spellane, spellane@kiski.net

BLURR250X
11-24-2002, 11:59 AM
That is what I was trying to say but it sounded better from you.Yes I know that the "Old D class" doesn't exist anymore. I wasn't sure about the new rules or anything for the new beginner quad class.

racerx573
11-24-2002, 01:09 PM
Are you going to race more D5 in 2003??

BLURR250X
11-24-2002, 09:32 PM
Ya I'm selling my 250X right now.I want an R but if I can't find one I like, I'll probly go with a 400.What class r u gonna run next year?

Derek
11-24-2002, 09:38 PM
Ya I'm selling my 250X right now.I want an R but if I can't find one I like, I'll probly go with a 400.What class r u gonna run next year?

im running d until i get kicked out and jay(racerx573) is running b.

trueblue450
11-25-2002, 08:30 AM
yeah i agree ride one level higher than you think.. If you get your arsed kicked itd be better than crashing into someone who doesnt know what they are doing.. but if you are the one who doesn't know what youre doing, then stay in D or C class!:D

BLURR250X
11-25-2002, 10:17 AM
I'm gonna start in C class and then go from there. I thought that new beginner quad class was for first year quad riders only.I dunnno I could be wrong but you might want to check it out first.

racerx573
11-25-2002, 02:29 PM
Na, its not just for first year racers, but its supposed to help encourage first year racers.