PDA

View Full Version : Help Throat

Scott-300ex
02-24-2008, 11:47 AM
2 nights ago my throat started burning sooooooooooooooooo bad, I almost killed myself it hurt so bad, nothing helped, water, milk, nothing helped then I puked then 45 minutes later I took mylanta and that stopped it.

Now my throat hurts real bad mainly when I swallow, is there any medicine that stops this?

Thanks

416exfreak
02-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Sounds like a really bad case of Acid Reflux.

Go to the doctors...:o

02-24-2008, 12:11 PM
to ease the pain for now...gargle some warm salt water

ATV Chic
02-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Sounds like a really bad case of Acid Reflux.

Go to the doctors...:o

x2 :(

gncc025
02-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
to ease the pain for now...gargle some warm salt water

salt water works great for a sore throat. works faster than anything ive tried.

Moded86R
02-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Can you still breath fine?

One day I went to work.And the whole way to the job I was really short of breath.And I had no energy.I was so short of breath I couldn't even work.And to leave work go straight to the doctor.

Turns out I had strepth throat.I had to take some medicine and take it easy for a few days.

Bradracer18
02-24-2008, 02:37 PM
They make some stuff I think called chloraseptic(spelling?). But, its a red spray and will numb the back of your throat.

416exfreak
02-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Bradracer18
They make some stuff I think called chloraseptic(spelling?). But, its a red spray and will numb the back of your throat.

Thats some good chit for sore throats.

I used to use it after band practices, and after shows...:bandit:

02-24-2008, 04:14 PM
i have used the chloraseptic adn to tell ya th truth, the warm salt water trick works better

bulkdriverlp
02-24-2008, 04:16 PM
take pepcid ac before you eat anything greasy or spicy

ATV Chic
02-24-2008, 04:16 PM
warm pickle juice garggling is the best, but still should see a doc

bens250ex
02-24-2008, 06:04 PM
last week my throat was killin, i ended up getting white sore looking things down my throat it was the worst pain ever to swollow, it was horrible. i went to the doctor ...ended up having freekin mono..... got some roids and started feelin better that night... none of the medicines made to help your throat would work. not the red spray nor the salt water nothing it sucked i didn't sleep for about 3 nights because of the pain...

scottsworld
02-24-2008, 07:15 PM
i can tell you the same thing i tell my wife that works but she doesnt trust me

416exfreak
02-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by scottsworld
i can tell you the same thing i tell my wife that works but she doesnt trust me

Always good to try though:devil:

Scott-300ex
02-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
last week my throat was killin, i ended up getting white sore looking things down my throat it was the worst pain ever to swollow, it was horrible. i went to the doctor ...ended up having freekin mono..... got some roids and started feelin better that night... none of the medicines made to help your throat would work. not the red spray nor the salt water nothing it sucked i didn't sleep for about 3 nights because of the pain...

Yup thats wut it was.

That first night it hit me so hard, it hurt to breath, swallow, talk, hack up snot, spit everything, tried cough drops, water, ice chips, salt water, only the puking helped untill I swallowed afterwards.

Doc said take mylanta and prylosec, the mylanta worked instantly then the next morning and all day my throat hurt like hell especially to swallow, then all today to.

Mom made me go to the hospital they gave me the wut I call "deep throat test" stick you in the back of your throad with a q-tip to check for strep. They said I didn't have that so they stuck me with a needle and drew blood and yup I have MONO! Yeh bens250ex it hurts like hell, LoL. Now I'm on Steriods, motrin and somethin else cuz they said I also have a bactireal infection.

Mono and bacterial infection, so I got to take it easy for a while.

Thanks guys.

wilkin250r
02-25-2008, 02:18 AM
Lots of people mentioned warm salt water, which is good for providing temporary relief. But I'm rather surprised that nobody mentioned to throw a couple asprin in with the salt and let them dissolve. I thought that was common knowledge, helps ease the pain.

JJs450r
02-25-2008, 05:22 AM
ive always done a tea spoon of honey mixed is with a shot of jack southern comfort or wild turkey and seem to do good

Scott-300ex
02-27-2008, 05:06 PM
I will say this LoL.

I got mono cuz I met a new chick, she is a year older than me and she wants to go out. So I think thats pretty bad @ss!

I'm 20 and I made out with a 21 year old.

Haha