PDA

View Full Version : '04/'05 TwinAir air filter owners, help me!

JimmyHoffa
02-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Hey! I just need a few measurements. I'm ordering a twin-air filter for my bike, and I'm going to the dunes next month so I'm getting an Outerwears too.

Twin-Air says their filters are a little smaller than stock, so I need the diameter and height of a twin-air filter so I can match and Outerwears with it.

desratt
02-24-2008, 04:58 PM
thats easy don't use an outerwears.. instead just don't neglect filter mainenance

JimmyHoffa
02-24-2008, 05:41 PM
If you saw my bike, you would probably have to change your pants. It looks like it rolled off the showroom floor, but it's 4 years old. Neglect is certainly not the issue. All I know is that after about 5 engine hours on loose chat sand, I clean my filter and sand particles come out. I'm not risking it. My engine hasn't seen more than 6 hours without a proper filter cleaning, but I don't trust them. Not on a trip like this either. I already have a 1st gen 450r engine on the non-updated crank, so I'd hate to stack on temptations for things to break big. I'd like to broadcast your advice to the other 3/4 of quad riders out there who don't even know where to find their air filter. Keep up with your junk, guys!