PDA

View Full Version : 05 predator 90 camber question

bignehls
02-23-2008, 10:57 PM
bought a 05 pred 90 and the front tires seem to lean in quit a bit. a least a-2 degree on the camber. is this normal? i have no experience with this model and does'nt look like there is any adjustment for the camber.

it just looks funny and i don't know if i should be concerned.

thanks in advance...

dericsdad
02-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Is the bike still completely stock? if it was raced or ridden hard it could be that the a-arms are bent. the tires should be almost straight up and down.

randyl@mschev.c
02-25-2008, 03:59 PM
My son has an '03 and and '06 predator 90 and the'06 is stock and the front tires have leaned in since day one,probably the single a-arm suspension.

manco47
02-25-2008, 08:05 PM
We have a couple of predators. One thing you may want to check is the spindle and the bushings. Just jack up the front end and grap the top and bottom of the tire and move the tire up and down if have a lot of play the bushings may be bad. There eazy to knock out and replace. Hope this helps

bignehls
03-03-2008, 10:48 AM
thanks for the sugg. guys when looking it over i noticed the springs were set to the softest setting. i stiffened them up and now it looks normal.

i did take the tires and hubs off to check everything out and everything looked ok except front brake shoes.

i was able to take the boys out to the dunes/mud pits yesterday for the first time with the predator and man was i impressed with this machine. that thing went thru some really deep muddy water with out any problems. i was a little concerned since reading that theses thing don't like to get wet, but so far no probs.

it did really good in the sand and climbing step big hills not a problem, it pretty much went were ever i went on my zuk.

sorry about the rambling but anyway thanks again and this is an outstanding forum.