PDA

View Full Version : mixing alky and gas?

garrettagr
02-23-2008, 10:18 PM
alright guys, got my lectron carb from dennis packard and i like it so far. But, in talking with him he said that he mixes one gallon of alky with 4 gallons of 110 leaded and this is great for his general duning bikes. Has anyone ever heard of this? Would it give me any more of a boost at all?

C-LEIGH RACING
02-25-2008, 07:15 AM
Unless Dennis is going to be with you every time you ride to check the jets, I wouldnt do it.
Next thing, where you going to get the Benzine that will make the gas & alky mix together + not to mention if you get caught with it.

Now if hes saying ethanol alky, corn alky, thats a different story.
Neil

garrettagr
02-25-2008, 08:36 AM
i have not clue what he was talking about. He just mentioned it and i thought i would ask the question out of curiousity. And Benzine is not a problem. I have a has mat licence and have a ca chemical licence due to being a farmer and needing all kinds of weird chemicals. So, being caught with it would not be a problem, i have 3500 gallons of ammonium nitrate sitting at my shop right now so i think that a little bit of benzine is the least of their worries. But, im not gonna do it so that is not an issue i guess. thanks for replying neal, thought nobody would.

Rip_Tear
02-25-2008, 12:30 PM
If he was talking about ethanol it should be fine a 1:4 mix would probably be fine, you wouldn't notice much of a change from mixing premium and 110 at half and half though.