PDA

View Full Version : Question about: Clutch & Shifting

Brauap
02-23-2008, 08:13 PM
As I go down the field next to my house, and I want to stop, I hold in the clutch lever, and the front brake, and it bogs down like I am not holding the clutch. So I let go of the brake and it starts rolling, like if I wern't hold the clutch. What could be up? I mean It works some, but not %100.

My second question is, when I am at higher RPM's it wont shift, even while holding in the clutch. Its like tottaly stuck for a little bit. And say if I want to put it in Nuteral while I am sitting it almost impossible, but sometimes it moves like a hot knife through butter. So I have no clue. Sometimes when I am just sitting the shifter wont move with my foot so I go to use my hand, and I cant even do it.

What should I do? What do you think's up?

Thank You, soooo much!

drew416ex
02-23-2008, 08:18 PM
First check and make sure the clutch is in adjustment. The cable will stretch over time causeing the clutch not to fully dissenguage. Make it so there is about 1/16" of free play at the lever. If that doesnt work the clutch basket and inner hub may be worn out. They will develope grooves over time causeing the clutch to stick.

CarGuy7a
02-24-2008, 12:16 AM
my buddies raptor 660 was doing somewhat the same thing. when it was in gear you could pull the clutch in and start it and it would lurch forward a little bit. when it was running and in neutral you could pull the clutch in and kick it in first gear and it would lurch.

we did some adjusting on the clutch perch and the adjustor on the motor and it took care of it. the adjustor on the motor is for major adjustments and the perch is for minor.

CSR400EX
02-24-2008, 12:26 AM
for the shifting, i would try a high quality oil, or your clutch could be out of adjustment. i used 75W 2 stroke tranny oil in my 450R, BUT you cant run it in a 400 because the tranny oil isnt seperate like on a 450R.

Hondamaster5505
02-24-2008, 07:08 AM
grease all the areas you can see with the shifter.

Then, what they said above.