PDA

View Full Version : Im either lucky as he|| or my nextel is a tank

Hondaracing819
02-23-2008, 04:38 PM
ite this is kind of pointless but honestly if you constently drop and just beat the he|| out of you phone you should get a nextel... i have drop this thing like 1000 times.. its fallen out of my pocket once when i was driving my quad and got run over by my back tire.. been thrown against the wall numerous times in anger from the ****ty service it gets and just today it went through a cycle in the washing machine.. i thought it was going to be the end because when i first found it it didnt turn on. i took it all apart and let it sit for like an hour and it works perfect. its just blows my mind. well srry for the long post but just sharing my experiance with my nextel

416exfreak
02-23-2008, 04:52 PM
I throw mine at the wall for fun...

I hate the shi**y service. I wouldnt tell anyone to get Nextel. Get sprint or Altell if your going to go with a wireless provider.;)

NJ450rider
02-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Im still a huge fan of nokia phones. I had one nokia phone i dropped in water 3 times and it still worked! I finally retired that one for a newer model. Ill stick to nokia phones.

dpizz450
02-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
Im still a huge fan of nokia phones. I had one nokia phone i dropped in water 3 times and it still worked! I finally retired that one for a newer model. Ill stick to nokia phones.

yeah nokia phones last for quite some time. i've also seen some nextel phones go through some tough *****. but i do like my motorolas.

mittman
02-23-2008, 07:31 PM
i got a gzone by verizon and the kid i know has one it has been left in water for a half an hour he kicked it accross our gym throws it down the hall at school and its still working great

rollie
02-23-2008, 09:31 PM
IMO nextel is the absolute worst phone service out there, not only does the service suck, im going on my 8TH i870 phone, thats right, in 2 years 3 screens have broken and 5 of them just plain old decide to stop working, the guy at the store says "yeah there the worst phones ever made, they always have problems":rolleyes: it just sucks, not to metion to text it has to download the texts which sometimes takes 2+ minutes and send them takes a while, the pictures suck, i hate this phone, but hey! my contracts up in july and im switching to verizon! woo hoo!

Hondaracing819
02-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by rollie
IMO nextel is the absolute worst phone service out there, not only does the service suck, im going on my 8TH i870 phone, thats right, in 2 years 3 screens have broken and 5 of them just plain old decide to stop working, the guy at the store says "yeah there the worst phones ever made, they always have problems":rolleyes: it just sucks, not to metion to text it has to download the texts which sometimes takes 2+ minutes and send them takes a while, the pictures suck, i hate this phone, but hey! my contracts up in july and im switching to verizon! woo hoo!

well i guess i just got lucky but i have the i850..

shadowwalker
02-24-2008, 12:10 AM
I had Verizon and they sucked. No sim cards is kind of stupid because you can't simply buy a phone and swap them. The service in my area was spotty. It worked most of the time, but there were some areas i frequented where it would switch to the analog band and then die within an hour and a half. I switched to cingular and had an Erickson phone that was kind of a piece, even tough it was $200 after the rebates. I went through two of those. It is very rare for me to lose service though, and thats what matters to me.

Now I have my iPhone with cingular and have no complaints (well I have one...Safari on the iPhone doesn't support flash). I am an Apple fanboy though, as I sit here on my Mac :D

Stevie-D
02-24-2008, 08:16 AM
the old nextel phones were pretty much indestructable until you run them over with the tractor. while mowing the lawn. lmao the mulching blades did quite a number on it:macho

400EXtreme
02-24-2008, 08:21 AM
i dropped my old phone off my roof onto my driveway no damage doneee.

Sjorge450R
02-24-2008, 08:47 AM
I am using the iC 502...it blows. Freezes all the time, i never get incoming calls (friends call me all the time and i get NOTHING) and the speaker phone is weak compared to other nextels. I think i am cancelling my contract within a few weeks. I have almost 1.5 years left and I CANNOT wait that long. I will take the $250 charge. I had a i730 before this phone and the only thing i didnt like about that was, the text messaging setup and the buikyness.

RidinRed420
02-24-2008, 11:48 AM
I like my nextel for the most part.. It is the ONLY phone that gets service where I live now. My boyfriend has Verizon, his dad has ATT and our friends have tried to use their various services and Nextel is the only one that works here.. Also one place we go riding is the same way.. On the other hand I used to live in Boston and at my apartment I could only get service if I stood in one room. It is nice to always have Nextel and Verizon cause then we can almost always get service. Either way, I don't pay for it so I don't complain!

416exfreak
02-24-2008, 12:14 PM
I have the i710, and the screen finally quit on me.

Oh well.

Contract is up, maybe now I can go switch to altell.:D

mx1791
02-24-2008, 04:33 PM
i had an i860 back in the day and it was junk. i like verizon the best so far

Exrider434
02-24-2008, 04:58 PM
i hate my motorola, i have verizon i get service 90% of the time, but its only enough to send a text i cant make calls. And im on my 5th one in 7 months:eek2:. One of those was my fault the others were twice it froze up and wouldnt do anything and one the microphone quit workin so noone could hear what i said and the other the inside screen just stopped working, no cracks or anything it just quit........i still have almost a year and a half to go yaay!!

DVXracer
02-24-2008, 05:15 PM
I wish my phones could withstand water, i just got the new sony ericsson w580i, a month later, it met the washing machine for only 10 minutes, instantly fried, thankfully i got it replaced with the same exact phone, this ones holding up well, so far...:ermm: