PDA

View Full Version : Front Master Cylinder problem?

Honda#4
02-23-2008, 04:08 PM
I've been trying to bleed my brakes all day and I can't seem to get them to bleed, I squeezed and released the bleeder valve and lever for a half hour and I still can't get any pressure. I think maybe my M.C seals and piston are junk and i'm thinkin thats why I can't get anything work right. They have never been changed is it possible for that to happen?

Where's the cheapest to find a rebuild kit and what does it all contain?

JOEX
02-23-2008, 04:39 PM
I haven't messed with the front so I can't say for sure but he piston is probably fine, the seals could need replacing. Could also be the caliper seals.

C&D Racing is good place to get parts:)

Are you getting any pressure at all?

Honda#4
02-23-2008, 04:48 PM
No pressure whatsoever, I just bought a MC rebuild kit from Ronnies so I might as well start with that. Is it pretty straight forward to replace the seals and piston?

boosted3g
02-23-2008, 07:21 PM
front brakes not bleeding is common. Heres the fix, take some 3/16 id clear hose and put it over the bleeder screw. Make it about 5 feet long. Now dont touch the brake lever and fill the master cylinder up. Just crack the bleeder and suck the fluid through. It is easy and just watch the tubing till you dont see any bubbles come out. Then go to the other side. I then usually do the usual pump the lever and hold, crack the bleeder then tighten it and let the lever go method just to make sure i have good feel and get any air bubbles that might be left. Try it this way and it will take you 10-15 minutes and its fool proof.