PDA

View Full Version : how to get broke screws out

vaballa0037
02-22-2008, 08:19 PM
i have a honda 300ex and the screws for the header pipe have broke off but there is still about a 1/2 in sticking out what is the best way to get them out

cataway
02-24-2008, 08:17 PM
in this case the best way is to remove the jug from the quad ,have a nut that will just slip on to whats still there and have it welded to it . then after it cools down turn it out.

fmftrx300ex
02-26-2008, 06:45 PM
vice grips

TRXRacer1
02-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by cataway
in this case the best way is to remove the jug from the quad ,have a nut that will just slip on to whats still there and have it welded to it . then after it cools down turn it out. Why would you remove the jug? Seems like a lot of extra work.

REDRIDDER
02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Go to wal-mart, buy your self a bottle of mapp gas and the nozzle for it ..heat only the broken off head pipe stud until it turns orange, then put out the torch and grab a pair of good vise grips and clamp them tightly to the stud and turn it will come out for sure.Remenber to only heat the 1/2"long broke stud and a flat jawed set of vise grips work well.

REDRIDDER
02-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm assuming that you talking about the cylinder studs that connect the head pipe?

fmftrx300ex
02-27-2008, 01:41 PM
the only thing i see rong with heating ur cylender or the bolts is if warps from one spot getting extreamly hot while the other parts remain cool but go for it not my quad

cataway
02-27-2008, 04:25 PM
maybe you dont understand ,you see you have to get the stud hot, its the only way to get it to break loose.
you have to be able to get ahold of it to make it turn and it has to be a turn and not some sort of leaver bending it ,a T handle would be best, well till it broke loose any way . after its turning use what ever you like.

TRXRacer1
02-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by cataway
maybe you dont understand ,you see you have to get the stud hot, its the only way to get it to break loose.
you have to be able to get ahold of it to make it turn and it has to be a turn and not some sort of leaver bending it ,a T handle would be best, well till it broke loose any way . after its turning use what ever you like. No I got that and I've had to do it myself. I was just wondering why you'd suggest to take the top end apart to do it.

REDRIDDER
02-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by fmftrx300ex
the only thing i see rong with heating ur cylender or the bolts is if warps from one spot getting extreamly hot while the other parts remain cool but go for it not my quad that's why you only heat the bolt so it doesn't warp the cylinder.trust me I've done it hundreds of times lol..

sunco
03-03-2008, 12:18 PM
I'd take the roto zip & cut a slot in the center & wd-40. then try to take it out. sometimes tightening it first hepls before u take it out.