PDA

View Full Version : gear box bush

ukguy
02-22-2008, 06:43 PM
can any tell me where i can get the brass/bronze bearing insert for the unison tranny would prefer the one that does not require machining, and also a tranny saver for the unison

thanks

quadnana7
02-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Hello again UK Guy.Gary at G Force should be able to help. Between Gary & Mark at Hot Quads they could find you anything you need.

quadnana7
02-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Hello again UK Guy.Gary at G Force should be able to help. Between Gary & Mark at Hot Quads they could find you anything you need.

jaksdad
02-29-2008, 05:05 PM
hi UkGuy
have you tried Quadzilla for the Case Saver kit. I have sold one unit, yes one in 12 months, the lad who had it didn't like how tight the fit was, he said the Brass Bush was causing too much drag and overheating and after 2 meetings broke a new Malossi belt, so took it out, went back to needle bearings, but kept the outer sprocket carrier, that is enough for Enduros and Grass Tracks but we don't know about QuadX but if it works for you then good on the Brass bush.
See how you get on, give us a shout if you are struggling to find one.
Rod

ukguy
02-29-2008, 06:04 PM
no worries rod, we generally dont have an issue but with the new engines we just want to protect the tranny a little more, we have used differant bearings to support the output shaft and welded the inner casing where the bearing sits, will also fit a tranny saver and take it from there, we are trying the bush as a last resort, if needed

thanks

wayne

jetmedic
03-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Wayne, I have tried everything but a slipper sprocket and none of them worked. You dont need the drag and heat of a brass or bronze and any othe kind of bushin. You should be able to use the "cush drive system" metrakit uses. Your bike should have the same axle and spocket hub they use. That may work. I want to try it myself. The slipper and the Dave Carter setup is all I can advise you to use at this moment. The latter does something inside the side cover similar to the suzuki lt80. Dont quote me on that. Its what I have been told. Good luck.