PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July at Breezewood.

ZeroLogic
02-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Well its kinda early but for my graduation present my mom is taking my bro my girl and me up to Breezewood for the 4th. I want to leave Friday early in the morning and leave Monday night. Who else is going there for the fourth? Do the cabins get filled up quick? I can't wait!:macho

NPelletier
02-22-2008, 01:10 PM
hmmmm. sounds like agood idea, ima trey and get in myself:devil:

Mxjunkie
02-22-2008, 03:37 PM
I'll come if I finish this old arse quad I just picked up today.. :p :scary:

ZeroLogic
02-22-2008, 04:19 PM
I deffently want to meet ya Josh. What new toy you got now?

wvspeedfreak
02-22-2008, 04:35 PM
The cabins do get filled up quick.That is a HUGE event at Breezewood.Better get your cabin reservations early.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Ill be there mang. Probly sleep in my truck haha

dan harris
02-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Fourt of July Weekend is also our Quad pulled couch race where the winning team gets a free membership to the park. Now is the time to be thinking about finding an old couch.

dan harris
02-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Do the cabins get filled up quick? I can't wait!:macho [/B]

The Rustic cabin is already booked for the 4th, the Big cabin is still available and so is the rental above the dining hall.

All the rentals are already booked for our spring fling weekend March 28th. If you plan on staying at the park in one of our great cabins - start booking your trip NOW.

flyboy62
02-23-2008, 01:16 PM
hopefully me and rich do the couch race again. and WIN for the second time in a row!

ZeroLogic
02-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Damn... I'll talk to my mom tonight. Is there like hotels or motels nearby?:ermm:

dan harris
02-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Breezewood is known as the town of motels and hotels, there are at least 15 hotels and motels right in Breezewood which is 10 mile from the Proving Grounds. You won't need a reservation all the hotels are right there you can just drive around and pick the one you like best.

Of course the best way to enjoy the Proving Grounds is to stay right here in one of our 2 story, 2 full bath cabins at the park. We also have camp sites throughout the park for those that want to camp.

Hope to see everyone here.

DON'T FORGET OUR ONLY R A C E AT THE PARK IS GOING TO

BE ON M E M O R I A L D A Y W E E K E N D ! ! !

That Saturday Night we will light up the big track and have outlaw Night time racing at the proving grounds. Saturday May 24th. Mark your calander now that will be a weekend full of great events, including a free cook out on Sunday.

KXRida
02-24-2008, 07:11 AM
If gas isn't too ungodly much I might come down for a day or two. The news quoted "gas will be close to $4 before memorial day!"

jeez. I take it you guys get a pretty big turn out for the 4th then? Do you guys actually ride or is it just like an all around fun weekend thing? haha cause I don't think the ktm would do too good in the couch pull.

dan harris
02-25-2008, 05:10 AM
...... do we ride???

Of course we ride. You'll spend more time on your bike or quad at the proving grounds for a weekend then you will spend on your quad all summer racing.

Its all about riding here. We don't run moto's and we don't seperate the bikes and the quads. You can ride as much as you want - no waiting for your turn. Just bring plenty of gas - thats one thing we don't sell.

dan harris
02-25-2008, 05:14 AM
.....do we ride???

dan harris
02-25-2008, 05:16 AM
I know I'll be riding !!

dan harris
02-25-2008, 05:17 AM
There's also gonna be plenty of food to go around....

dan harris
02-25-2008, 05:51 AM
The Mud bog is always a fun event. In true breezewood style, bikes and quads both run the mud bog.

dan harris
02-25-2008, 05:57 AM
Riding games are also alot of fun, here long time member Vicki Bellerose gives the hot dog snatch a try!

dan harris
02-25-2008, 05:58 AM
Another BPG member gets a little hung up during the barrell pushing race....

dan harris
02-25-2008, 06:03 AM
You might even get lucky and catch some Pro Atv Racers ripping it up at the Proving Grounds.

dan harris
02-25-2008, 06:06 AM
Wether your a pro or not your sure to have a blast at the Proving Grounds. Kh426 rippin' it up!

dan harris
02-25-2008, 06:14 AM
Jason Dunkelberger and Dustin Wimmer Duke it out at BPG in 2007!

dan harris
02-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Sponsored rider Kelly Winters goes for Big Air at the Proving Grounds.

dan harris
02-25-2008, 06:25 AM
There is something here for everybody to do on holiday weekends

dan harris
02-25-2008, 06:28 AM
I look forward to riding with you at the Breezewood Proving Grounds.

KXRida
02-25-2008, 07:08 AM
How much do you guys charge to run for a day and do you water the tracks? You have two of them I believe correct?

NPelletier
02-25-2008, 09:21 AM
is there a gas station near by? Every time you talk about one of these events i want to go more and more, but never can, i think this 4th i have the best chance, because i got like 3 months of begging my parents in advance:devil:

dirtmerchant42
02-25-2008, 10:42 AM
im not sure about july fourth but me and a group of friends are comin up at the end of march or early april
cant wait!

dan harris
02-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
How much do you guys charge to run for a day and do you water the tracks? You have two of them I believe correct? Week days are $25, week ends are $40 for one day and $60 for two days.

Of course we water - some times too much.

dan harris
02-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by NPelletier
is there a gas station near by? Every time you talk about one of these events i want to go more and more, but never can, i think this 4th i have the best chance, because i got like 3 months of begging my parents in advance:devil: Plenty of Gas stations and hotels in Breezewood, but if your coming in from interstate 70 to the Amaranth exit, then you better get gas before you reach the pa line.

KXRida
02-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
Week days are $25, week ends are $40 for one day and $60 for two days.

haha just wanted to make sure because most of the tracks around here don't water... atleast when I'm there haha. I might try to make it down around may if things work out. I'd like to go for the 4th, but looks like that weekend might already be booked for me... damn.

dan harris
02-25-2008, 11:53 AM
kxrida,

your from Altoona, thats only an hour away from us, thats considered right in our back yard. Most riders come from 2 to 6 hours away to ride here. You can make it in a day trip. Your really missing out on some great riding.

wvspeedfreak
02-25-2008, 12:02 PM
That's right KXrida.You have an awesome track close by :macho
We are 1 1/2 to 2 hours from Breezewood depending on whether or not I take the trailer and we do day trips all the time up there.See ya soon Dan.

quad2xtreme
02-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
haha just wanted to make sure because most of the tracks around here don't water... atleast when I'm there haha. I might try to make it down around may if things work out. I'd like to go for the 4th, but looks like that weekend might already be booked for me... damn.

You big sissy!!! :D :D :D It takes me almost 7 hours to reach Breezewood and I try to make it at least 6 times a year. I have plenty of tracks within 2 hrs of me down here but there is no place like Breezewood for quad riders.

KXRida
02-25-2008, 08:02 PM
kxrida,

your from Altoona, thats only an hour away from us, thats considered right in our back yard. Most riders come from 2 to 6 hours away to ride here. You can make it in a day trip. Your really missing out on some great riding.

yah, but I'll probably be in another state for the 4th weekend... damn. How many bikes do you guys get down there? haha I don't want to be all alone with those flying couches! haha :D

Recently though I've been running 251 just because it's so close. Other than that I just run high voltage, rocket, panther hollow, and wolfmann's (if they ever decide to open this year). Nothing against quads (i'm a former quad rider), but IMO I think bikes should be seperate haha. That's just me.

The reason I ask if you watered was because the last time I was down there (quite a bit ago) I thought I was in a desert lol. I liked the track, but I liked to see where I was going hehe.

dan harris
02-26-2008, 06:24 AM
WVspeedfreak, quadtoextreme,

looking forward to riding with you guys - hopefully this weather will give us a break soon. The snow is about melted today, but they call for more of it tomorrow.

Kxrida, if you do get out here to do some riding, make sure you introduce yourself and let me know what you thought of the place.

ZeroLogic
02-26-2008, 07:14 AM
Man, I deffently want to go now!:macho I'm a new rider and everything and I've been on a track once and fell inlove with it. Do yall do it by skill level like Walden Mx does? Or is it just everyone can ride? How do yall treat new riders? I deffently look forward to meeting you guys!:macho

Honda TRX250ex
02-26-2008, 07:33 AM
Week days are $25, week ends are $40 for one day and $60 for two days.

Mud bogging and fishing too?!

Nick110
02-26-2008, 01:35 PM
I think I will be going down for the 4th. About a 6hr drive for me, not too bad. Last time I came Dan came up to us and was like where are you guys from....."We are from Buffalo NY" Dans like "lets get these guys some T shirts their from Buffalo!!!" ahah it was hilarious.

KXRida
02-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Sounds like I'll be running BPG some this summer. I used to go down with anthony mastrocola when he used to ride, but I've only really ridden there twice.

NPelletier
02-27-2008, 12:46 PM
im from so-newham lol, doesnt work so good lol. no idea how long of a drive. But i want to go so bad and meet some of u guys from the forums and steal stuff out of your tailers :eek2: :p

flyboy62
02-27-2008, 01:24 PM
i want to go to bpg so bad! i miss that place! i have worn my bpg sweatshirt for the whole winter!! i live for that place!!!
it is about a 5 hour trip for us.

flyboy62
02-27-2008, 01:25 PM

KXRida
02-27-2008, 02:07 PM
I see that you guys have three tracks! nice! If I can get my dad's truck to use for the summer for a little bit you'll probably be seeing me a good bit. I love my lifted truck but it sucks on gas. Man I want to go test out the ktm now. Snow, snow, go away! Spring break is coming up for me! My how nice it would be to ride.

dan harris
02-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Man, I deffently want to go now!:macho I'm a new rider and everything and I've been on a track once and fell inlove with it. Do yall do it by skill level like Walden Mx does? Or is it just everyone can ride? How do yall treat new riders? I deffently look forward to meeting you guys!:macho
We allow everyone to ride at their leisure. It works out well, you don't have to wait for your "time" to ride. Usually if there are a few fast guys racing around, newer riders will go to another track or wait for the faster guys to tire out and pull off. We have so much going on here that the tracks are never really full, you can always find time on all the tracks to have sections to yourself.

Were known as a family park and promote a family friendly atmosphere. Our riders are some of the friendliest riders around, always willing to lend a hand or a part.

ZeroLogic
02-27-2008, 03:00 PM
We allow everyone to ride at their leisure. It works out well, you don't have to wait for your "time" to ride. Usually if there are a few fast guys racing around, newer riders will go to another track or wait for the faster guys to tire out and pull off. We have so much going on here that the tracks are never really full, you can always find time on all the tracks to have sections to yourself.

Were known as a family park and promote a family friendly atmosphere. Our riders are some of the friendliest riders around, always willing to lend a hand or a part.

Sounds like a dream! When I went up to Walden the first time, I had to wait like friggen three hours to ride then I rode for 20 minutes then waited another hour to ride again. I wanted to cry! I can't wait to meet yall down there.:macho

dan harris
02-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah thats what I'm trying to avoid. Nobody wants to sit around and wait to ride all day. Here you can ride as much or as little as you like.

ZeroLogic
02-27-2008, 03:44 PM
You mentioned you had two tracks. Would you happen to have pictures of both tracks?

dan harris
02-27-2008, 04:01 PM
If you go to the front page of our website click on one of the pictures at the bottom of the page - that will take you to our photo gallery where there are hundreds of pics of all three tracks. Also if you do a search on youtube for breezewood there are about 30 video's from the proving grounds.

ZeroLogic
02-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks a lot Dan!