PDA

View Full Version : Fury 2 Online Problems!!!

Wired
11-18-2002, 07:59 PM
well i talked with a few of the testers and game designers on the in game chat and found out this bad news....

1. dial up and cable connected people cant play against each other. example, im on dsl, therefore i cant play against a guy using dial up because it wont allow me.

this is a big time disapointment to me, this might mess with all my plans on putting on somewhat of a decent tournament... might be more of a headache then fun. we're keep figuring out ways.

another thing tonight that i noticed was the more people there is on, the worse the lag is.... what i mean by lag is that theres quads flyin all over and crashing for no reason. tonight while i was racing against alaska jim and a few others i crashed 3 times all on different straight aways for no apparent reason. hopefully it was just a bug and doesnt happen again.

well all in all this isnt shaping up to be the sort of online gaming i was expecting from a console system. hopefully it gets better and less lag and we;ll figure out something fun to do yet! :macho

Atreyu
11-18-2002, 08:01 PM
i couldnt get on at all

Ralph
11-18-2002, 08:22 PM
:( oh man im realy dissapointed now... should i still buy it?

OutlawEX
11-18-2002, 08:27 PM
im thinkin gabout buy this network thing i have a cable modem so i might not have a problem

Sick0
11-18-2002, 08:27 PM
I was playing it tonight for the firstc time. I'm sick0 number 40.

Wired
11-18-2002, 08:28 PM
the game you mean? heck yeah, the game is totally worth it, and sometimes you can run an online game with no lag but if your talking about the isp adapter, i'd probably tell you to hold off for now. untill we can get some better info for ya

Striker49
11-18-2002, 08:31 PM
Heck, forget the adapter then. It would lag horribly for modem users. Its gonna be mainly on their end (their servers) for you that run DSL and Cable.

O well, it was a well put forth effort...it just got shot down in flames rather quickly... :huh

Maybe they will upgrade servers and fix bugs, and allow modem vs. cable play in the future.

raptor_02
11-18-2002, 09:42 PM
could someone explain to me the difference between dsl, cable, and dial up!!!!!!!!!!! I am getting ready to buy the network adapter but after reading that crap I don't know if I want to or not

cheetah
11-18-2002, 09:42 PM
I'm on dial-up and the games I did play in had very little or no lag at all. Maybe we can have like a dial-up tourney and a broadband tourney and then put the winners of each in a time trial or something and see who has the fastest laps to win. I dunno, just trying to think of something.:confused:

raptor_02
11-18-2002, 09:50 PM
well whats the difference between dsl, cable, and dial up. I have dial up but whats the difference???? Replys would be greatly appreciated

Team Outlaw #34
11-18-2002, 09:56 PM
Is it still fun just playing by yourself and not over the internet?

cheetah
11-18-2002, 10:06 PM
Well dial-up is just what it is called, you dial onto the net with your phone line. It ties up the line and is a lot slower compared to dsl and cable. DSL and Cable are referred to as broadband and the cable goes through your cable company and dsl is through the phone company. They stay on all the time and is around 40-50 times faster than dial-up. I would love to have broadband, but out in the sticks of KY I can't get it yet.

BadA$$440
11-18-2002, 10:11 PM
how much does cable and dsl cost monthly?

cheetah
11-18-2002, 10:15 PM
You will have to call around and ask in your area, for the people that can get it around here, it's close to $40/month.

Wired
11-18-2002, 10:53 PM
AAHH there you are cheetah, now i remember you. im GUETTER online :D im going back online tonight at about 11:15 if anyone wants to race get ahold of me on the game chat room

cheetah
11-18-2002, 10:58 PM
I would, but we have done learned that don't work for now.:D