PDA

View Full Version : How many running FMF MegaBomb Setup?

jawalt
02-21-2008, 11:14 PM
I have read through a lot of posts on exhaust etc on this forum however could not clearly pick out what people are doing with this setup. So apologies upfront if this is a repeat post...

I am seriously considering the Megabomb/4.1 setup though was curious if you are running this what did you do for optimization.

I had an 07 Aprilia RSV (Yes street bike so same rules might not apply) and basically if you hooked up the Full exhaust and changed the computer to race map thats all you needed to do, an EFI or power commander would do nothing in addition for you and I believe it was a siemens computer which i also believe the DS has.

So to the survey....

A)
1. MegaBomb/4.1 System
2. Air box lid removed
3. Intake
4. Cut Wire for race map

B)
1. Mega Bomb and 4.1 system
2. Air box lid removed
3. Intake
4. Cut Wire for race map
5. FMF EFI Controller

C)
Something else

Thanks!

atvtrailrider
02-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Megabomb Photo from indy is attached.

:)

jawalt
02-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Are you running any EFI controller or just the race map from the factory?

busarider363
08-14-2008, 07:55 AM
i race every weekend and do well i have a mega bomb love the look, power and sound and i use the stock race fuel map

THEMACHINIST
08-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I race with the (B) choice and you got a big difference with the fmf efi.You should ad some heat wrap on your exhaust it will burn you gaz all the way true your exhaust and reduce heat around the motor and gaz tank:)

jlrenken
08-14-2008, 01:52 PM
if u want the best bang for your buck i would deffenity get the rossier full exhaust and cold air intake and filter. reason for that is the secondary map that is on the can am when u cut the pink wire was designed just for the rossier set up. rossier worked with can am to develop that map. soo u dont need to buy any power commander or fuel controler of any sort unless you decide to get motor work done. so u can save yourself a few bucks with this setup.