PDA

View Full Version : Blaster porting and polishing ?'s

[R]iders!KB
02-21-2008, 10:07 PM
i was wondering is getting head work nd everythin really worth it? how much faster will it make the bike. i have a full DG exhaust a K&N filter reeds nd an airfilter. i cnt really affoard a new quad but im lookin to make my blaster faster should i get engine work or jus go wit a bigbore kit? let me no guys thx...

morse250r
04-12-2008, 04:01 AM
porting and a good pipe can do wonders for a blaster mill the head a little bump compression they can be good runners there so light and quick reving

SuperChris
04-15-2008, 12:10 PM
I shaved all the step off of my Blaster's head and still have 93 thousandths squish. I did it on the belt sander and flattened it on a piece of glass with 220 grit sandpaper. Works way better.

ukguy
05-12-2008, 08:14 PM
some fantastic gains to be got from a really well ported and set up engine, with decent port timings and good boost port set up

headache
05-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Porting does wonders for the Blaster. Check out www.ftzracing.com. They do awesome porting, although they are a little slow sometimes, but its worth it. You will beat z400's and 400ex's all day long with good porting. You would also need a bigger carb and different head pipe.

#22blaster240
05-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Port and polish it with a 34 mm carb and CT pipe and it will have way more power. It will smoke 400's all day and keep up with banshee's and 250r's

REEDracing94
09-18-2008, 06:19 PM
if i wer to get p&p i would use flotek

http://www.flotekperformance.com

he does most of the blasters on blasterforum.com

ngarbe561
09-25-2008, 10:21 PM
if u do the proting your slef u can cut the intake window ports down to a smaller size i dont rember the exact hight but im usre u could find out easy enough and if u have a after market pipe i would hog it out to the same size as the exuhast manafold another thing u can do if u have to bottom end apart sand and polish the area around the crank it alawsy for smother flow in the crankcase and if u do the top part off the cylinder u can go till u almost hit the sleeve and make sure u have a round radiouse on all the ports and have very smooth exauhst ports but on the intake leave them a lil roughed up it allows for turbulence wich mixs the fuel and air togther better wich creates more power i ran 4 diffrent cylnders on my race blaster this year and 1 was even a 240 and this last one is teh fastest one we did i can pull form a rapoter 250 and another blaster on the track it even wil pull on 450s if u can keep it would up in the powerband

ngarbe561
09-25-2008, 10:23 PM
also u will need the 34 millmetter carb and trhow some v force 3 reeds at it its defintly worth the 200 some dolars if ur looking to race or even just ride hard