PDA

View Full Version : New Steering Stabilizer from GPR MUST SEE!!!

Benjithx
02-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I posted this info on the TRX450r section, but it should probably be here because GPR makes this unit for other as well. :D

GPR Remote Steering Stabilizer (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=338007)

tank69
02-21-2008, 10:01 PM
That's old GPR technology. They have a new system out that does away with the remote adjuster. Best friend had one on his CRF450, leaked and took up alot of bar real estate. He's a seasoned Ironman BAJA 250/500/1000 racer and he hated it. Don't waste your money

Benjithx
02-21-2008, 10:11 PM
They have had the ATV bar stabilizer for a while now but this remote system is brand new to the ATV. It sucks your buddy didn't like what he was running, but so far I haven't found a flaw with this setup.

tank69
02-21-2008, 10:19 PM
It's been out for the bikes for awhile, he's had it over a year. I'm not knocking the system, it works pretty well, but it's not a very reliable system in terms of longevity. He actually traded his in, after three rebuilds, to the new "all in one" system. No issues yet after 600 miles of desert. The other system started leaking after a few hundred miles in racing conditions and was consistently failing/leaking at the 200-300 mile mark after future rebuilds. Another thing, it was so cool when he first got it that he adjusted it quite often while riding, but later found out that once he set it, there was no reason to continually adjust it in racing conditions. Personally, I hope you never have a problem with it.