PDA

View Full Version : Deep fried computer

DSRider450
02-21-2008, 07:20 PM
For every one thats going to put a tether switch on their ds450 be very very careful where you go hook it. Brought my ds into the dealer ship for the engine light comming on and. I get a phone call today saying my computer is fried in my quad that is one phone call i never need. The dealer said it would cost close to $1500 to get a new computer. So any buddy looking to put a teather switch make sure you do it right. And dont let friends do it i found it.

brink400
02-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Thats why I bought a pingel switch for my ltr, you dont have to splice and ground and all that stuff, just find the wires for the handlebar mounted kill switch and hook it into those, easy as pie. The normally closed switches are more expensive, but hooking them up correctly is so much easier.

DSRider450
02-22-2008, 10:24 AM
I would just like to tell every one that my can-am dealers is covering the cost of my new computer for my ds450.

bwamos
02-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Wow.. now that is going above and beyond to keep a customer happy. I bet they get your return business.. lol.

realbadlarry
02-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Probably just gonna take one out of the bikes with the broken frames. :rolleyes: Glad their steppin up, sure would be nice to have these bikes come with the stuff we all end up putting on them anyways.

LTR450_#67
02-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by realbadlarry
Probably just gonna take one out of the bikes with the broken frames. :rolleyes:

Broken frames?? Please tell us what you know about them? It would be news to the DS owners.

GE4x4
02-23-2008, 07:05 AM
I don't understand why these companies don't have there quads pre wired for tethers. I mean there made for racing. How hard is it to pre wire? Polaris has been doing this since the Pred came out. Simple plug and your done. No wondering where to splice. Dumb.:grr:

joedirt
02-23-2008, 01:33 PM
KTM does it.

450raider
02-23-2008, 03:00 PM
well let me ask yall somethin, since were all pretty much on the same boat with the killswitch thing because theyre universal anyway, does any company make a kit to make a plug in or would some think you could get parts from ktm or polaris? and it would make killswitch installation or removal (for future reference) really easy?

just thinkin out loud

WatersRacing
02-23-2008, 03:35 PM
A kit to make a plug in? Instead of just soldering our wires together for the kill switch on the DS we went ahead and added plugs for easy removal.

http://epicracingproducts.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=900&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

CANAMDS450
02-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
I don't understand why these companies don't have there quads pre wired for tethers. I mean there made for racing. How hard is it to pre wire? Polaris has been doing this since the Pred came out. Simple plug and your done. No wondering where to splice. Dumb.:grr:

they do its called a ktm

coryatver
02-27-2008, 05:38 PM
EFI is awesome:blah: Most of the newer quads places are making a kit to plug them into. Problem is the kit cost more than the tether most of the time