PDA

View Full Version : You wonder why people snap....

Pappy
02-21-2008, 07:04 PM
I had to go to court today and got to see first hand why some people just shouldnt be in the position they are in.

First, let me kind of bring you to my train of thought here.

No one really likes going to court, usually you are either in trouble and trying to get out, could be a divorce , probation issue, legal woe's, money issues etc etc. In any event, the folks are emotionally charged up and on edge and it is this type of person that doesn't need a bunch of BS in their life at that moment.

So, this brings us to the front door of the court house, where we step inside to be greeted by 4 gaurds manning 2 metal detectors. No problem, after all, there has been quite a few courthouse shootings and such so everyone would like to make sure no weapons are brought in. After dealing with the "empty your pockets" and the "wand" and watching some dude spend 5 minutes rifling through my wifes purse, we finally were allowed to enter. At this point, having never been in this court house, I turn to one of teh gaurds (black man, late 50's early 60's) and ask him politley what is the best way to get to the 4th floor....and here is his response...

"You go around the corner and you will see a thing called an elevator. You push the button with the little up arrow, the doors will open and you step inside, once inside you push the button with the number 4 on it"

Now I am a jokester and love good fun, but for some reason the smartazz just struck me way wrong and I replied, "Thank you sir, now I see why they keep you behind the metal detectors because with your smart mouth you would surely get shot or stabbed so knowing you can be a wiseass where there are no weapons keeps you safe" ...and I walked away. (Yes, I had to chat with a few Sheriffs when I got off the elevator but nothing came of it)

Point is, why do people in those positions feel they can be that way and wouldn't pushing someones buttons ,when they are from god knows what lifestyle, just beg for a tragedy to play out? I mean the Mayor of that town that was shot up a few weeks back basically pushed the shooter around for months until he snapped, yet no lesson was learned.

Maybe I live to close to the rule of" show me respect and you shall recieve respect" but I cant help but wonder hw many of these shootings in public places we hear of these days arent sparked by something so damn stupid. Seems like a waste to me, but for someone who is on the edge of reality it wouldnt take much.

Rant off

Hyperwarrior22
02-21-2008, 07:06 PM
no biggy pappy just blow it off and keep goin man

Pappy
02-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Hyperwarrior22
no biggy pappy just blow it off and keep goin man

no skin off my teeth, i just found it rediculous that a memebr of the court was being such a wiseazz to people he doesnt know, that have the ability to hurt him and many others and all because he can:ermm: how do they expect those in trouble to treat people with respect when those in a position of responsibilty dont

416exfreak
02-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey Pappy, I can see where your coming from with this.

Alot of people are just wound way to tight, or either have a switchblade for a tongue, like the aformentioned security guard.
I also live close to the philosophy of "you show me respect and I'll show you respect".

I wouldnt have handled that situation so well. I would have given back his smart *** mouth, but ten fold of anything he would ever be capable of.:ermm:

Some people just need to be kept under a close watch. Like the kids that have been going around shooting up universities and whatnot. People like that need to be kept under a closer watch.

Mxjunkie
02-21-2008, 07:15 PM
I can't blame you for snapping I probably would of done the same thing lol.. I guess some people are just so miserable at their jobs so they like to be rude to others to give them something to do..I swear all of the people who work at gas stations and grocery stores are the most miserable people to be with lol.. :tired:

quadracer707
02-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Authority, Pure plan & simple. They have power & thrive on it.

Ken

Pappy
02-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

Some people just need to be kept under a close watch. Like the kids that have been going around shooting up universities and whatnot. People like that need to be kept under a closer watch.

The problem is we dont know who they are until after it is over. The nitwit that shot up VT was a wack job for sure, but he was picked on and shunned by society. not that that is in anyway an excuse or somehow justfies what he did, but it starts somewhere.

While I allowed my own smart comeback out, it could have been a different story if I was a nut job and this guy just happened to set me off.

I geuss my point is, has society lost the means to be even remotley respectful to each other? I mean there was no reason for his smart mouth, and my lawyer stated to the sheriffs that he has been that way for sometime to many people. Once they knew who it was they kind of dropped the issue but doesnt that just allow it to happen yet again, and maybe next time the person he smart mouths walks back outside and returns with a damn gun:ermm: And being tis guy was older, you would think he would have the wits about him not to be that way with folks of varying backgrounds through there daily. it just sickens me that we cant treat each other decently.

chris46250r
02-21-2008, 07:22 PM
I agree. With my temper I just thank God that my parents raised me as well as they did or I would still be serving time for murder. Crap like that just crawls all over my arse.

SRH
02-21-2008, 07:24 PM
lately i keep running into people like this everywhere

quad2xtreme
02-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Pappy,

I got pulled over by a black cop in Baltimore City with the last name of Blackwell. He told me I must be the dumbest F'ing white guy in the country (of course he used the F word).

Went to court, watched an old italian man try to explain that this same officer was completely disrespectful, etc. Judge hit the man with everything. Everyone who said guilty got PBJ. At this point, I chose the wiser and pled guilty too.

I was guilty of passing a cop going 40 in a 40 when the cop was going 39.5. He was so pissed he was screaming like crazy at me. I just laugh about it now. Baltimore cops are practically criminals themselves. If they weren't cops, then they would be in jail. That force has so many bad seeds it must be embarrasing to be on the force.

/jon

Pappy
02-21-2008, 07:30 PM
well we have all had a run in with a police officer that needed a vacation, doesnt excuse thier behavior nor do i buy the excuse of"look what they have to deal with". being a law officer was their choice.

and for the record, i was in court suing the dirtbag who ripped me off on the siding of my house....i won. the $7500 job he did just cost him $28,500 + court costs:scary: the judge was real cool, and he stated he would allow me $3500 for pain and suffering (he chuckled when he said it) i asked him if I could just take $3500 worth of pain from the defendant:devil: he laughed out loud and said no:p

trx400EXtreme
02-21-2008, 07:34 PM
i hate people like that. nothing against anybody who is a cop, but it makes me mad when they become power hungry jerks. yes, there are some cops that are cool, but there are others that think because they have a badge they're king. there is always cops around my town who abuse there power. for example, they will turn on their sirens, just so they can get to the stoplight before it turns red.:ermm:

SRH
02-21-2008, 07:39 PM
damn pappy, how bad of job did the guy do:eek2:

my88r
02-21-2008, 07:44 PM
seems like theres more and more wiseass everyday. i have no patience for people like that. our neighbors around use hate atvs and dirt bikes. soon as i start them all hell brakes loose. ive been screamed in the face over it and the guy rides a Harley. that's louder then any of my stuff.:grr:

Pappy
02-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by SRH
damn pappy, how bad of job did the guy do:eek2:

horrible dude...just horrible

within 2 weeks of completion of work, we had siding come off. they came out and fixed it twice. after about a month, more came off and he started with missed appointments, no return calls etc.

we were told it was faulty siding, and that a rep had come out and it would be handled. they gave this guy new siding and even covered his labor for the warranty work. funny thing, he never re-sided our home:ermm:

so the judge gave us the highest estimate which covers all new siding, soffett, gutters etc, plus the cost of labor he was paid to do the warranty repair and the replacement cost of teh siding, $3500 for us having to deal with this crap and court costs. no we have to actually get the money which will be difficult, but we will get it even if it takes some time.

SRH
02-21-2008, 07:55 PM
people are fools, they think they can screw people like that and make money and in the end it always costs them big time, either there business, money out of there pockets and loss of future business/customers or all of it combined

Pappy
02-21-2008, 08:00 PM
well, all i want is my house back. its embarrasing when folks come over and ask wtf happened:p

from here , our lawyer gets everything in legal form, the judge signs off on it and the defendant is served with the papers that tell him he has 30 days to git me my mullah. at the end of 30 days, if he hasnt paid we do 2 things. first, being that the dollar amount involved bumped this issue to circuit court, i can have his business licsense revoked. then the sheriffs office will do an execution warrant and take his property (cars, trucks, anything of value ) and they will be sold at auction and i will have my money. it wont be fast, but its all i can do.

wvspeedfreak
02-21-2008, 08:10 PM
I work with a guy that acts like he is the only one in the world with problems.He is one of the most miserable people I have ever been around.He is in a bad mood 90% of the time.Just working around someone like that is a downer :ermm:

Pappy
02-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I work with a guy that acts like he is the only one in the world with problems.He is one of the most miserable people I have ever been around.He is in a bad mood 90% of the time.Just working around someone like that is a downer :ermm:

yeah bad mooded people bring me down...maybe you should drop an engine on his foot:devil:

hey bridget reminded me yall wanted to try and get together before our seaosn started....this weekend is the last weekend before cj and i roll out...and our schedule is open for saturday evening if yall wanna do something:D

wvspeedfreak
02-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
yeah bad mooded people bring me down...maybe you should drop an engine on his foot:devil:

hey bridget reminded me yall wanted to try and get together before our seaosn started....this weekend is the last weekend before cj and i roll out...and our schedule is open for saturday evening if yall wanna do something:D

Haha,I try to stay on the opposite end of the shop from him :p

This weekend sounds good,I'll have my people call your people :)

Pappy
02-21-2008, 08:25 PM
good lord...we have people now:p

pro-rider46
02-21-2008, 08:35 PM
people p*ss me off so much, me and my friend were walking around wal-mart, and about 5 girls that are about 18-19 yrs old start following up and cutting us off, and singing freaking christmas carols in febuary, and i have a short fuse, i got so damn mad my face felt like it was on fire, and i was talking to my friend loudly and said " I'm really starting to get P*ssed off!", and i had a knife in my pocket and flashed it a few times.( probably not the smartest thing but i was jacked) and they still didnt leave so my friend called his mom on his phone and they all like scattered, it was funny. but i was still upset with them

wvspeedfreak
02-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Nah,I've just always wanted to say that :D Glad to hear you were able to make some headway with the siding deal Kenny.

Pappy
02-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
people p*ss me off so much, me and my friend were walking around wal-mart, and about 5 girls that are about 18-19 yrs old start following up and cutting us off, and singing freaking christmas carols in febuary, and i have a short fuse, i got so damn mad my face felt like it was on fire, and i was talking to my friend loudly and said " I'm really starting to get P*ssed off!", and i had a knife in my pocket and flashed it a few times.( probably not the smartest thing but i was jacked) and they still didnt leave so my friend called his mom on his phone and they all like scattered, it was funny. but i was still upset with them

i mean...are you gay. If 5 girls follow you around you do not pull out your knife to stab them:eek2: use the weapon god gave you!

NJ450rider
02-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah that seems to be lacking lately. Respectful and polite towards one another. Ive had a few occations like you lately. Some one ive never met being a smartass or rude right off the bat. And believe me i dont have a problem giving it back to you 10 fold. Respect is given where respect is earned. Ive always been like that. I never take any **** i dont care who you are.

as for the siding issue. From what ive learned from my uncle doing it and watching a few companys do it when i use to do landscaping in new housing developments. Siding is like anything else. there are different brands and different grades of material. usually the cheaper stuff has a habit of falling off a house first. the only thing i can say in defense is that it isnt that hard but its not that easy at the same time. siding is supposed to fit loosely together but not too loose. and at the same time it cant be to tight either. Reason being is that siding expands and contracts with the weather/air temps. If its too loose or to tight it will rip off a house because it doesnt have the room to expand and contract. Sounds like a crappy company that just rushed to get it up and get out.

Also its not a good idea to put siding up when its cold. Warmer temps are better so you have an idea about how much play you have between panels.

Pappy
02-21-2008, 09:05 PM
I realize there can be issues with any kind of work, but you stand behind it. And when you offer a warranty and fail to back it up and get caught taking replacement material and funds that were alloted for the warranty work, your basically a scumbag at that point:p

NJ450rider
02-22-2008, 06:51 AM
Yeah true thats ghetto

NacsMXer
02-22-2008, 07:05 AM
I agree Pappy things are getting worse and worse these days with people. I agree that wise azzz guy's comment probably would have set me off too. A while ago I sort of realized I can have a short fuse and to just let the idiots be idiots. I used to get a lot of road rage and the like but now I just say let the idiots go, it's not worth to waste the energy on the fools :scary:

I can't help but be reminded of George Costanza in Seinfeld when he's waiting to use a payphone but people keep cutting in front of him :p

"Ya know we're living in a society!!.......we should act in a civilized manner"

Exrider434
02-22-2008, 08:04 AM
i mean...are you gay. If 5 girls follow you around you do not pull out your knife to stab them:eek2: use the weapon god gave you! \

I wondered the same thing...:rolleyes:

chevy
02-22-2008, 08:14 AM
there r a lot of ridiculous ppl ot there, now im no angel myself but i try and give ppl respect hoping for respect in return, not demanding respect like it seems like a lot of ppl do.
as far as ppl snapping i think ppl just need to study ppl before they go and make smarta-- comments. i love to joke around and hassle ppl but i make sure i dont offend anyone. i know ppl up at home that will go from happy to flipping out angry over somebody makeing one lil comment.

WhiteYFZ
02-22-2008, 08:24 AM
i know what u mean pappy about the "who do they think they are in that position" me and like 5-6 friends were getting on the train and 4 of us rode on the platform.. a black cop about 30-35 started breaking our balls.. and started to be a real dlck. so long story short, he told us we had to ride to the next station to catch the train and tried to arrest my friend who is 21 (my friend just told him he had no ID on him) so we walked back up to the street to go to the deli to get a drink, and he says i dont want to see u there in 2 minutes. u better be gone, meanwhile now were just at a deli.. so i was like ok this is enough, i called my uncle who is a #1 narcodics SP? detective in NYC.. so he comes down and basically the cop changed the whole story and Sh*t his pants and let us get on the train. it was great to see how stupid he felt.
:D

Robin Hood
02-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Sounds like you walked into the DMV and not the court house. :p

People are such *** holes there! :mad:

pro-rider46
02-22-2008, 10:02 AM
i mean...are you gay. If 5 girls follow you around you do not pull out your knife to stab them:eek2: use the weapon god gave you!

pappy, just cause there young doesnt mean their hot, you wouldnt want these ones following you either if you saw em...lol

Pappy
02-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
pappy, just cause there young doesnt mean their hot, you wouldnt want these ones following you either if you saw em...lol

ahh young one, let me impart two things you should add to your growing wisdom of life...

1. fat chicks are like mopeds, they both can get you home in a pinch

2. ugly ends when the lights go out

Pappy
02-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Sounds like you walked into the DMV and not the court house. :p

People are such *** holes there! :mad:

so true. the dmv is notorious for rude....neigh they define rudeness! but you kind of know going in you are dealing with it so you are prepared for it. still no excuse for acting that way:p

chris46250r
02-22-2008, 10:40 AM
ahh young one, let me impart two things you should add to your growing wisdom of life...

Amen. I like to look at those types as low milage, low budget rides.

pro-rider46
02-22-2008, 02:47 PM

haha. pappy thats funny, i dont think there has ever been a time where you have not had a funny comeback. my props to you.

lorenjr83
02-22-2008, 03:19 PM
fat chicks are like mopeds! they're fun to ride until you get caught.

NJ450rider
02-22-2008, 03:40 PM
sucks to be you guys our DMV offices are awesome! I can be in and out of there in like 5 minutes no matter what i have to do.

Also theres an older guy at my work has the best saying ever.

he always says:

"theres no such thing as a bad piece of ***. just some better than others."

LOL!:D

chris46250r
02-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
sucks to be you guys our DMV offices are awesome! I can be in and out of there in like 5 minutes no matter what i have to do.

Also theres an older guy at my work has the best saying ever.

he always says:

"theres no such thing as a bad piece of ***. just some better than others."

LOL!:D

This older dude I used to work with would always say the worst piece he ever had was wonderfull.