PDA

View Full Version : Can I cry on someones shoulder??

RUNMYTA
11-18-2002, 07:34 PM
I just would like to share my heart-ache with some fellow quad lovers. I know some of you have had a week like mine.

2 weekends ago I was riding my recently purchased 89 250R when the chain came off and jammed up against the case. So after I removed the swingarm bolt to get it un-jammed I noticed that the axle carrier was lose. Futher inspection showed a busted bearing, trashed lonestar carrier, ruined sprocket and brake hub!! Holy*****. So I 2nd day everything to make sure I can have my R ready for this weekend. Get it all back together and took it to DeriSi racing and had Santo install my Custom Axis shocks and dial them in!! Then I noticed my carb boot had ripped, so I ordered a CR 250 reed cage, but ordered one for 2000 model and it would not fit!!! Dam it! Luckily a buddy loned me his rad valve. So Saturday night before I raced on Sunday I got it jetted and running nicely (I thought). So Sunday I unloaded the R lined up on the line and my quad wouldn't start until the 3rd kick. *****! So I was last into the woods, but my Axis suspension helped me work my way up 4 places in a few minutes. Then it started missing and popping, so I limped it back to the truck and brought her home.

Here is the funny part!! I go to my local Honda shop and they loan me a coil wire to change out to see if that is the problem. So I start idling through my yard warming her up when all of a sudden a pin in the chain breaks sending the chain flying around the drive sprocket smashing the last few links against the shifter shaft busting the bottom out of the case! :( I know I should have just ran the Banshee!

Thanks for listening to me cry! I feel better now. MIKE

optikid123
11-18-2002, 07:36 PM
:huh :eek: :eek: sounds like a bad time

Atreyu
11-18-2002, 07:42 PM
wow that really sucks man

Taco
11-18-2002, 07:46 PM
:( I feel your pain:mad:

beerock
11-18-2002, 07:55 PM
heh, I been there too bro...

Call up honda of troy, i have bought cases for less then $240 with bearings and seals....

11-18-2002, 07:57 PM
that sucks man, you ran that yamaha :p

11-18-2002, 07:58 PM
holy ****

AtvMxRider
11-18-2002, 07:59 PM
Dang man that sucks!

TheX1992
11-18-2002, 08:08 PM
never boring :rolleyes:

2K1 300EX
11-18-2002, 10:05 PM
Sounds like you possibly purchased a lemon

RideRed04
11-18-2002, 10:10 PM
hey, its only a lemon until you replace every part with good new parts!

TC17
11-18-2002, 10:13 PM
i've heard that 250Rs are old and break down but i've never heard it that bad! man that must really suck. i never broke a thing on a quad before except the battery case. lol. i have caught it on fire 2 twice before. i bet you were getting out your pretty pennies.:blah

11-18-2002, 10:19 PM
hahahahaha you caught your battery case on fire? lol

Bean
11-18-2002, 10:59 PM
sounds like my first day, first it wouldnt start, then it wouldnt idle, thought that was an easy fix (wrong), i was riding around, about a mile away from camp, the rod/crank bearing decided it had enough of this riding thing, it let loose, crank fell apart, shot the rod and piston into the sparkplug, put a hole in the piston, ruined the head, had ring crushed into the crown of the piston, and ruined the entire bottom end - overall, expensive but worth it, i got a ton of mods after that!

2K1 300EX
11-18-2002, 11:23 PM
Did you know the guy that you bought it from?

QuadJunkies
11-19-2002, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RUNMYTA
I just would like to share my heart-ache with some fellow quad lovers. I know some of you have had a week like mine.

2 weekends ago I was riding my recently purchased 89 250R when the chain came off and jammed up against the case. So after I removed the swingarm bolt to get it un-jammed I noticed that the axle carrier was lose. Futher inspection showed a busted bearing, trashed lonestar carrier, ruined sprocket and brake hub!! Holy*****. So I 2nd day everything to make sure I can have my R ready for this weekend. Get it all back together and took it to DeriSi racing and had Santo install my Custom Axis shocks and dial them in!! Then I noticed my carb boot had ripped, so I ordered a CR 250 reed cage, but ordered one for 2000 model and it would not fit!!! Dam it! Luckily a buddy loned me his rad valve. So Saturday night before I raced on Sunday I got it jetted and running nicely (I thought). So Sunday I unloaded the R lined up on the line and my quad wouldn't start until the 3rd kick. *****! So I was last into the woods, but my Axis suspension helped me work my way up 4 places in a few minutes. Then it started missing and popping, so I limped it back to the truck and brought her home.

Here is the funny part!! I go to my local Honda shop and they loan me a coil wire to change out to see if that is the problem. So I start idling through my yard warming her up when all of a sudden a pin in the chain breaks sending the chain flying around the drive sprocket smashing the last few links against the shifter shaft busting the bottom out of the case! :( I know I should have just ran the Banshee!

Thanks for listening to me cry! I feel better now. MIKE oh, man... Bad times,:( Somedays ,you wonder why you even got out of bed....:grr

tants
11-19-2002, 09:47 AM
gooood ol 250r for ya :o

lil400exman
11-19-2002, 10:38 AM
i need a goood fast quad man no more 400exslug..banshee fast is what i need..........

RUNMYTA
11-19-2002, 12:56 PM
What is sad that it gets better!! Later that evening I load up my banshee to take it to spray it off and lay my company cell phone on the bumper of my truck while I load up the Shee. Then i precede to get in and drive off!! Couple hours later I realize that I had left it on the bumper!! Dam, now my boss say that it is $130 to replace it!! DOOOH! Anybody wanna buy a spare kidney?:D

No, I didn't know the guy I bought it from. MIKE

Castor-426ex
11-19-2002, 01:28 PM
eh what the the heck....here is my universal sign for cryin...lol

WyoDuner
11-19-2002, 01:55 PM
So, the lesson learned is..... "Always thoroughly check out the quad before you buy it and before you ride it".

motochris
11-19-2002, 03:15 PM
WoW that really sucks.... Well just try to smile dude and just fix it a little at a time... I think we have all been there, just sucks of all the money spent tho...............:)

Hey Wyoduner check your PM dude............................:macho

bklyn400ex
11-19-2002, 03:48 PM
ouch man i feel 4 ya, i went riding last weekend, i was changin my front sprocket as soon as i unloaded the bike from the trailer, cracked one bolt in, then i said the **** with it, i'll ride with one bolt, then i was tryin to put my master link back on the chain, and the plate wouldnt go in enough so i couldnt get the clip on, some guy said no problem and gave me a piece of wire, and swore it will hold the link in place,i tried it. So i took off, i hit 3rd gear the chain snapped, and got wedged betweek the case and the sprocket, o did i mention that i drove like 300 miles to ride, and there were no shops open on a sunday, i was miserableeee