PDA

View Full Version : 525irs dying

525 Outlaw Dude
02-21-2008, 05:44 PM
The last time me and my friend went out riding at are track/riding place, the outlaw started to die when we pulled the clutch in to stop or the engine was at lower rpm's?
-when we start the 525 and let the clutch out, you have to give it reasonable amount of gas so it dosent die,
-when were riding its fine, we can shift throw the gears and all the power is their, its just at the start up and when pulling in the clutch to stop it dies? "Thanks"

P.S one more thing, we were riding a few days before this and i was doing a cookie and came into a wheelie and the rear tire cought and i put the outlaw on its side, but it was a pretty mild roll on its side, thought i'd let you know just incase this could help.

bossman525
02-21-2008, 08:32 PM
check the adjustment on your throttle cable

smokinwrench
02-21-2008, 08:36 PM
My 05 Predator done this shortly after buying it.

There is a safety devise in the throttle. Tighten the throttle cable just a little to take the slack out, I bet this fixes your problem. If its like the Predator you can tighten it right up by the throttle mechanism. I have never paid any attention to it on my 525.

bossman525
02-22-2008, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by smokinwrench
My 05 Predator done this shortly after buying it.

There is a safety devise in the throttle. Tighten the throttle cable just a little to take the slack out, I bet this fixes your problem. If its like the Predator you can tighten it right up by the throttle mechanism. I have never paid any attention to it on my 525.
it's pretty much the same. my machine was doing the same thing when i bought it from the dealership

Evasiveone
02-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Once you get the throttle cable adjusted if it still sputters at idle or when slowing down turn up the idle to around 1700-1900 rpm. The KTM engine does not like to idle and will stall easily at the books suggested 1500 RPM mark.

SSJEFF
02-24-2008, 12:13 PM
I unplugged the throttle safety switch.

Nystie
02-24-2008, 11:21 PM
This sounds alot like what mine was doing. You should maybe check the jetting. Mine was way to lean from the factory and would run at all once it ot hot.