PDA

View Full Version : 32 HP engine swap for your blaster!!!

porscheguy944
02-21-2008, 02:44 PM
I have just found a neat engine swap for the blasters for those of you who would like a cheap easy engine swap for your blasters!!!

This was copied from a ad on EBAY.......I am not trying to promot this ad just trying to pass on some new info........

For sale is a complete engine and all the peripheral items you will need to convert an air-cooled 17 crank HP Yamaha Blaster engine to a water-cooled YPVS 31 crank HP Yamaha DT200L engine. These HP ratings were the Yamaha factory ratings, and the real meaning is that with this engine you can just about double the horsepower your Blaster has. The transmission gear ratio is wider on this six speed DT engine, so your top speed will be higher while maintaining enough low end torque to get the beast rolling.

I'm offering a rebuilt engine, radiator and hoses, CDI, voltage regulator/rectifier, YPVS servomotors, YPVS control unit, carby, throttle cable, tachometer cable, coolant/oil tank, all hoses, wiring harness, and workshop manual. Everything you will need! The throttle cable is offered since it controls both the carby slide and the oil injection pump. If you wish to run straight premix, you can bin this split throttle cable and block off the oil injector at the carby.

The engine bolts right in to your Blaster frame (on some model years it is my understanding that it is necessary to slightly increase the size of the rear engine mount holes). Use the Blaster gear shift and kickstarter and countershaft sprocket. You may use your stock exhaust pipe. The wiring harness supplied is setup for headlights and tail/brake lights, no turn signal connections.

The rebuilt engine has about five hours on it. Standard top and bottom end rebuild. New crank bearings and seals, tranny bearings, clutch springs and plates, and bored second over with new piston and rings and wristpin bearing.

There are a few websites that talk about conversion of the Blaster to the DT200L engine. Look for Macdizzy.

There will be some custom fabrication involved - you have to mount the radiator and YPVS servomotor unit. You'll also need either a battery or one of the battery replacement units. The YPVS requires 12V DC to work properly.

If you're looking at this as a DT200L replacement engine, then I'll also include the gear shift and kickstarter. Just let me know. Have other DT200L stuff

this is the original link on ebay to see the pictures of it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320219859016&rd=1

ZSNOW
02-21-2008, 04:00 PM
hey man. its just a dt200 motor...the twin motor to the blaster motor. the blaster motor came out of the dt200 and to save on MSRP they converted the blaster to a aircooled motor...

but nice find.to bad its illegal for any race classes

Big_Guy_Green
12-01-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm wondering if anybody actually tried this? I used to have a Blaster, and I'd considered it, but decided instead to put my Tri-Z 250 into it. Anybody with any real world experience on this?

ZSNOW
12-01-2009, 06:22 PM
yes many people across the pond have done it to blasters because they compete with 250rs with that set up. go on Project Blaster if the forums are still up and look at the BOTM and there were a bunch of them swapped in there.