PDA

View Full Version : yfz vs trx vs ltr

250excrf250r
02-20-2008, 06:19 PM
i am getting a 450 in the next 4 mounths and am trying to decided on which on. i ride a crf250r now so i will be used to the power however i also ride a trx 250ex on trails. i want a 450 for track and trails. i like the ltr because of the power. but i like the trx and yfz be cause they are not to wide for the trail. i have had hondas my whole life and would like to get the trx but maybe its time to change.

Ryan Plaugher
02-20-2008, 07:42 PM
are you buying a brand new quad? If so I would wait until the 2009 models are out. the Ltr doesnt have any more power than the trx or yfz. they all have there goods and bads. I can see the new yfz being very promising.

Dr89
02-21-2008, 11:23 AM
i was in the same situation when i was getting rid of my kfx400...all i can say is...YFZ450!!! im extremely happy with my choice, the only other quad i could see myself getting is a newer yfz450 haha. people try to say its weakness is trails but i absolutely LOVE it for trails, high revving, super quick, everything about it is just fun.

TWILES
02-21-2008, 01:40 PM
If all you've ever had were Honda's and you really like Honda's, get a Honda. I like Yamaha's. I grew up on Yamaha's and I like the fit, feel, and power delivery(excluding the YFZ-I don't fit on it). The 06/07 Suzuki's weren't much in the motor. I rode one at a dealership with the 40-horse kit(yoshi pipe, cherrybomb, airbox lid off) and if that was 40hp i'll kiss your ***. My stock 04 450R had more power than that. The 08's are supposed to be better but how can you believe what you read when they never tell the truth.

ohsobad_chevy
02-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by TWILES
.......I rode one at a dealership with the 40-horse kit(yoshi pipe, cherrybomb, airbox lid off) and if that was 40hp i'll kiss your ***. My stock 04 450R had more power than that. The 08's are supposed to be better but how can you believe what you read when they never tell the truth.

You are comparing apples to oranges here, bud. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that they had 40 hp with those mods, but the power delivery in a fuel injected motor vs. the carbed motor is night and day. The LTR is just as stout, you just can't feel the "hit" from the carb on an LTR like you can on the 450r.

My cousin bought an 07 and it ran really good, but he recently bought an 08 and it is noticably faster. He claims his 08 is faster, bone stock, than his 07 was with a cherry bomb, lid removed and baffle out of the exhaust. ;)

Flodies400ex
02-25-2008, 03:18 AM
yea they did do something to these newer ltrs cause they can keep up completely stock but I have a honda but I been riding honda for awhile but all the bikes are good but if you get a chance to ride both bikes try it first cause to me no dissin but I think the yfzs are a little low for my profile of riding but I have a few friends that ride yfzs and they love them just try and ride both of them to see how they ride.

Pono
02-25-2008, 04:58 PM
pretty much you should sit on all 3 of them side by side and feel which one is most comfortable. yfz has a cramped feeling for some people if they are tall. but that can be fixed with a new stem. to my knowledge trx is most comfy and best ergonomics just like any other honda. the first couple of years the ltr came out they had really bad problems with transmissions and the rear tab where the shock mounts to.... it would snap off. i would advise to steer clear of those ones. but they are also comfy. but shoot....LOVE my yfz and there arent many 450s that beat me when out in the dunes:)

maddmatt02
02-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Ive only ridden a 04YFZ, 04 TRX. yfz had all the little stuff done, n olid, piped, jetted, pro-flo, down a tooth in front. TRX was stock all the way from the air filter to the jets to the end cap. it stell felt pretty good, the YFZ was noticably faster though, but obviously it would be, then there was a 07 yfz there with the GYTR full ti system, GYTR intake kit, no lid, etc.. and there was a 05 TRX with CRF box, 14:1, +2 swinger, and the airflow mods.

I didnt get to ride either of the other 2 but everytime up the dunes, the 14:1 TRX ate the 07 yfz, the 07 YFZ would beat the 04 up by a small amount, adn not too far back from the 04YFZ was the stock TRX.... but the guy on the 07YFZ is a pretty big boy compared to the rest of us.

but for me, I love honda and I think I have to get a honda because if I dont Ill always wonder if I should have. my entire family buys honda just about, we had trail 70's, 74 250, and now got 2 250ex's, a crf250x, I got a 300, my in laws had a 460ex, and have a 330, even our generator and outboards are honda's..... and we all love every one of em.

Id say stick with what you already like.
the YFZ is on damn nice bike though, winds up real quick and I think is fine for trails. but i dog yamaha all the time just cuz a few buddies have em so I cant get a yamaha.. lol