PDA

View Full Version : HMMMMMMMMMM NEED help!

TRX-330
02-20-2008, 05:10 PM
ok well i was riding around and stuff long enough for my quad to be warmed up to its hottest point. well with it being that hot and having an after market full system would it melt a pair of snow pants because of the material or is it running way to hot? Seems to be running really good im just a little curious if its running to hot or not because i dont wanna mess anything up on as i will be trying to sell it very soon.

klutch
02-20-2008, 08:11 PM
My burnt the some of my boot and started melting it away then again it was leaning on my exhaust i don't think its be i think you were just too close to your exhaust thats what happened to me but i kind of left my boot there (i took it off after ride and left it leaning on exhaust)

TRX-330
02-21-2008, 12:48 PM
ya i mean something that gets as hot as the pipe should melt a material like that i thought, but then i thought maybe its overheating. I still think it might be over heating just seems way to hot, and when i shut it off it goes poof n throws a flame out the pipe. Is it jetted wrong maybe? out of timing?

beaubs
02-21-2008, 02:02 PM
throwing flames out the back, you are a little rich on the fuel.
however, burning pants, panties and skin will happen, you are not running too hot, you just need a better heat sheild

klutch
02-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah mine didn't have a heat sheild so it burnt my boot. Also i was backfireing everytime i would let off the gas for a while. Flames every where but that was because i rode without my filter once (didnt realise it) ever since then i was backfireing... than it just went away....

TRX-330
02-21-2008, 03:13 PM
ok thanks for the help. After market full system=no heat shield. and i was running 87 when the flames were being thrown now running 93 seems better