PDA

View Full Version : JOSH!? (mxjunkie)

dirtbike&quad
02-20-2008, 04:56 PM
I saw your sig and that little thing under your name...

what happened to the shee ma dude?

CRich[814]
02-20-2008, 05:09 PM
sorry joshy.

dirtbike&quad
02-20-2008, 05:53 PM
on a more seroius note, i heard he flipped it or something...oh well

pro-rider46
02-20-2008, 06:24 PM
yeah i read one of his stories somewhere, sounds like he had bad luck, but i will leave the story to him to tell.

Hyperwarrior22
02-20-2008, 07:39 PM
i heard he sold it young buck

Toadz400
02-20-2008, 07:40 PM
I've got signatures turned off, what's his say?

CRich[814]
02-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I've got signatures turned off, what's his say?

xc bashee, rest in pieces.

Which 450?
02-21-2008, 04:31 AM
no, it must be old, he just got it back together after a year or so and just got back to riding it again.

Mxjunkie
02-21-2008, 05:05 AM
Throttle stuck in 4th or 5th gear in my trails and I hit a downed tree, I was riding with Sjorge, he was stuck in some soft top soil where I had just wrecked the day before.. I didn't take notice that he was stuck so I went off to the trails fast but I usually ride faster, Got into the trails and I was doing great the mud was thick so I had the banshee singing as usual.. Then it instantly took off like a bat out of hell and I hit a 2foot tall dirt bank my buddys and I made before a turn which sent me airborn.. My hands were ripped from the bars and I was more or less holding onto the seat with my legs lol.. By the time I landed it was mer seconds later I hit this huge old maple tree and my thighs smashed into the bars and I did flip over the quad.. Luckily Sjorge found where I was at and we took sometime for me to calm my nerves down a little bit, a stroked banshee stuck wide open in the woods is SCARY lol.. The day before that I was flying across the field coming into where my trails start, I didn't take notice to the 3ft drop off they had made with the loaders and I went right off it which imediatly ripped the bars from my hands.. ended up 15feet into thorn bushes after doing a flip and having the grab bar clip me in my back.. I just spen't 2000 bucks on parts for it too but it's alright, It only really messed up the bumper, twist throttle and I'm sure it tweaked the frame a tad bit, I'm going to either sell it really cheap or save it and get another roller to make a hill shooter out of it because the motor still has perfect compression and all the electronics were replaced.. Hopefully in a couple months I'll build another xc quad so I can atleast try and race late this season in the PA State Hare Scrambles, after all I just busted my *** all winter to fix one quad to do so I guess I can do it again.. I never can seem to catch a break with my bad luck, I'm hoping the next quad will bring me good luck.. :tired:

We did fix it enough that Sjorge and me could put in some laps, I've wanted to ride with him since the start of last summer when I started going to the races.. The twist throttle was so battered and beaten I had to twist it back.. I had nice cruise control on the stright aways though :devil: We rode for about 45 minutes, I was getting faster and faster as I started to relax and get use to this new boogered throttle.. About 20 laps in around our small little 10 minute track we came up with my aarm fell off the spindal as I went off a jump and I nose dived, thankfully it was in topsoil but the aspect of it being my 3rd wreck in two days.. It wasn't exactly the best feeling in the world!!

Sorry if there is a few type-o's I'm still not feeling to great lol

quads14589
02-21-2008, 05:22 AM
that sucks man, goog luck on building a new one

Mxjunkie
02-21-2008, 05:35 AM
This past summer I did actually get the chance to race a honda and I really liked it, I think I may go that direction for the next quad. I really dont like Yamaha's to start with so as you can tell I really wont miss my Banshee to much! :p It's just going to take me forever, it took me over 6-7 months of working and saving just to build my banshee..

Oh well... Rest in Peace Banchit, you may get fixed one day after all.. It is kinda fast... the quad I am looking at already has a motor done so now I can actually buy good suspension this time around.. Pepper we are gonna have us a honda race now Breezewood this season... :devil: :bandit:

bwamos
02-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
took sometime for me to calm my nerves down a little bit, a stroked banshee stuck wide open in the woods is SCARY lol..

That's no lie. I've experienced a buddies drag ported Banshee stuck wide open in a gravel parkinglot/loading area. To boot his kill switch didn't work when I pulled the tether.. :eek Was in 3rd or 4th gear coming out of the woods when it stuck. Front wheels about a foot off of the ground screaming across the parkinglot w/ no way to turn or stop the motor.

All I could do was slam on the rear breaks and kill the motor.. lol

Never had so much adrenaline pumping.. lol.

Mxjunkie
02-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
That's no lie. I've experienced a buddies drag ported Banshee stuck wide open in a gravel parkinglot/loading area. To boot his kill switch didn't work when I pulled the tether.. :eek Was in 3rd or 4th gear coming out of the woods when it stuck. Front wheels about a foot off of the ground screaming across the parkinglot w/ no way to turn or stop the motor.

All I could do was slam on the rear breaks and kill the motor.. lol

Never had so much adrenaline pumping.. lol.

lmfao yeah man.. that thing went reving to the moon and I was just more or less on for the ride hahah.. It's almost a little scary how much power they have and how quick it comes on.. it's enough that I had to take a leak shortly after lmao :p

NacsMXer
02-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
lmfao yeah man.. that thing went reving to the moon and I was just more or less on for the ride hahah.. It's almost a little scary how much power they have and how quick it comes on.. it's enough that I had to take a leak shortly after lmao :p

For sure, those Banshees are like a light switch. One sec you're boggin like crazy the next it's holy chitt hold on lol :devil: Good luck with working with it/getting a new quad. Glad you didn't get hurt bad that could have ended up a lot worse for ya :ermm:

Titanium
02-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I seen a banshee do this down at the dunes once. the guy was flying down the drag strip and the throttle stuck so he pulled the clutch in and it was revvin so high that he popped the dam thing lol.:p

blacknblue#2
03-06-2008, 04:10 AM
I had a banshee for about 6 months and i know exactly what you went through. I was on the road and pulled it up in 5th to show off for some girls. It decided it wanted to ride that wheelie wide open and right back on the grab bar. I hit the pavement at a guess of 60mph. I was passin a buddies bone stock 400EX when i done it and he said he was runnin about all it had. I remember it like it was yesterday and it was 4th of july morning 2003, i watched the fireworks that night wrapped up in one big bandage and had to stand the whole time. The thing that made me mad is it was one of those trinity 2into1 carbs. I thought only the stockers on them had a real bad habbit of sticking haha

Mxjunkie
03-06-2008, 05:20 AM
I was makin some dookie in my pants :p first time it's ever been posted dirty too :o :p

The bumper was orginally about 4 inches back lol.. we kicked it back in the woods because it looked horrible sideways :blah:

Mxjunkie
03-06-2008, 05:21 AM
It might get fixed, might end up in a billion pieces everywhere, might turn into a hill shooter or drag bike who knows lol.. Considering the quad flipping on that saturday then pegging the tree on sunday it actually doesn't look to bad but after that I don't really want to take it racing lol.. It kill's me that I can't race this season I've been training and working forever to get enough money to do a full season, hence why many of you haven't seen me on here as much.. I guess now I can train all summer and winter till my new quads finished.. I should be in good shape by racing time next season anwyays haha :p

NPelletier
03-06-2008, 02:05 PM
man, poor shee, ive always loved your quad, sucks that this happened...what kinda quad did u get?

Hondamaster5505
03-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Banshee's freakin rule. I'd never be a trader and part the banshee for a Honda:grr: Thats the worst thing you can do.

Anyway, the reason the throttles get stuck is because all you people take the TORS off the carbs! Thats what they're there for. Yeah they go bad alot, but when working they're nice to have...

Mxjunkie
03-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by NPelletier
man, poor shee, ive always loved your quad, sucks that this happened...what kinda quad did u get?

It's got some leager :devil:

416exfreak
03-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Oh snap.

Yoshi bird gonna be rollin on teh fanciness.:eek2:

Toadz400
03-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Ever going to think about selling it?

NPelletier
03-07-2008, 01:42 PM
according to myspace he wants $1500, last i knew

KXRida
03-07-2008, 01:59 PM
My buddy's banshee would do that all the time! The tops of the carbs would unscrew for some wierd *** reason and that thing just took off wide open. Man it was a scary feeling when I was on that and she was pinned. Ugh I feel for ya man. Hopefully you get her back up and running good.

Mxjunkie
03-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Ever going to think about selling it?

1500 cash in my hand would find it a new home, I have over 2000 dollars in reciepts for all the electionics and other misc parts I had bought for it.. Oh well whatca gonna do right?

Toadz400
03-08-2008, 12:19 AM
What's all wrong with it? Just what you listed in your previous post? $1500 isn't bad for that quad at all. I might have to make a trip out to PA...ugh, willing to meet halfway? I just drove 4000 miles round trip to California and back this past week.....

Mxjunkie
03-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Muddy, twist throttle is toast ( it did not stick at the carbs ).. Bumpers bent and the lower nut for the ball joint came of some how, the cotter pin pieces are still in the ball joint.. typical yamajunk problems.. I can't meet half way though, gas in the dime isnt exactly the best :p