PDA

View Full Version : ride impressions: CT310 vs 265PV vs ECR 265

CorvetteZ06
02-20-2008, 03:37 PM
so, I have my seat imressions on 3 different setups, and thought I would share it with you guys. the 3 motors are:

engine #1: Duncan racing 265 powervalve, midrange porting, CT national midrange pipe, pyramid reeds, 38mm airstryker. 87-89 rod, spacer plate, 86 piston.

engine #2: CT racing/Pro-x 310, midrange porting, FMF fatty exhaust, v-force reeds, 38 mm air stryker, 87-89 rod, spacer plate, 86 piston.

engine#3: east coast ATV 265cc, with low/xc porting, FMF fatty, boyesen reeds, 38mm air stryker, 87-89 rod, spacer plate, 86 piston.

I will also soon have a oem jug ported from FTZ, ill let you guys know how it rides.

anyways, of the 3 setups, I would def. say the powervalve is hands down the best overall powerband. the east coast motor has almost the same amount of low end power as the duncan, yet, once midrange and top end hit, the duncan PV just pulls away, clearly showing what a powervalve can do. Still, I am impressed with the lowend of the east coast motor. Both the ECA and Duncan motor have more low end power than the CT/pro-X 310, but once mid-top hits, the 310 just rips. In a drag race, the Ct310 will eventually beat out the Duncan PV, but not by much at all. What I really like about the PV is that you dont have to worry about having a motor that only has power in one specific range, its got great tourque, great midrange, and will still rev to the moon on top. But dont get me wrong, a nicely ported oem jug, or a pro-x setup still have amazing power, and i will still run them no problem.

mxduner
02-20-2008, 04:03 PM
thanks bro i was curious on how the Duncan pv's were.I am in the market for a 265 pv. cylinder and i haven't decided which setup to get, this will help:)

CorvetteZ06
02-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
thanks bro i was curious on how the Duncan pv's were.I am in the market for a 265 pv. cylinder and i haven't decided which setup to get, this will help:)

no problem man, if ya have any more questions, let me know. :cool:

312R1
02-20-2008, 06:20 PM
So I take it that you like the PC2000..:devil: :D

CorvetteZ06
02-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by 312R1
So I take it that you like the PC2000..:devil: :D

yes, im really happy, it runs really well. I saw that i have the 20cc dome, do they make a 19cc or 18cc dome for the PC2000? I could probably gain a little more low end if I go with more compression.

312R1
02-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by CorvetteZ06
yes, im really happy, it runs really well. I saw that i have the 20cc dome, do they make a 19cc or 18cc dome for the PC2000? I could probably gain a little more low end if I go with more compression.

Yeah you can get different domes for it..I'm thinking the domes from a pro-design cool head are the same.

I'm glad that you like the PC..;)

-Steve

CorvetteZ06
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
thanx steve... yeah, im thinking the same thing, im going to call up pro-design tomorow and ask them. Ill let ya know what they say.

312R1
02-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by CorvetteZ06
thanx steve... yeah, im thinking the same thing, im going to call up pro-design tomorow and ask them. Ill let ya know what they say.

Sounds good...I would think that they would because the power head is made by pro-design.

danhung11
02-25-2008, 07:55 PM
I am currently in the midst of deciding what company to send my new cases to...

Currently I am considering the following:

FTZ 370 PowerValve - this was guranteed to me to be the baddest motor out there for a R.

or

CT 350 PowerValve.

I know that the FTZ is almost double the price, but I live in MO and must say that staying to your roots is nice. :D

I also thought of running their CR250R head on a TRX Bottom-End. Has anyone ever tried this? They have the kit on their website.

Steve, why do you prefer Duncan PC2000 setups?

Thanks guys!
Dan

312R1
02-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by danhung11

FTZ 370 PowerValve - this was guranteed to me to be the baddest motor out there for a R.

or

CT 350 PowerValve.

I know that the FTZ is almost double the price, but I live in MO and must say that staying to your roots is nice. :D

I also thought of running their CR250R head on a TRX Bottom-End. Has anyone ever tried this? They have the kit on their website.

Steve, why do you prefer Duncan PC2000 setups?

Thanks guys!
Dan

This is my reason..plus Loren has always treated me good.
2008 Sponsors:
Duncan Racing

danhung11
02-25-2008, 08:21 PM
This is my reason..plus Loren has always treated me good.
2008 Sponsors:
Duncan Racing

DRI's prices are compariable with CT's.

Is sponsorship price that "good"? Or is it more the customer service?

Have any input on CT Motors?

Thanks,
Dan

PS - Did you use to race MX in Oklahoma back in the day?

312R1
02-25-2008, 08:27 PM
DRI's prices are compariable with CT's.

Is sponsorship price that "good"? Or is it more the customer service?

Have any input on CT Motors?

Thanks,
Dan

PS - Did you use to race MX in Oklahoma back in the day?

It's a little bit of both. I had a few friends back in the day that ran ct engines and they ran good to.

Yeah, I use to live in N.W Arkansas and raced alot in Oklahoma.

CorvetteZ06
02-25-2008, 08:35 PM
any company, like FTZ, duncan, CT, LRD, etc... will do quality work, especially on a 250R motor, after all, they have been working on them since 85, and I'm sure these companies wouldnt be around if they did ****y work. Talk to them, see how there customer service is, see how they treat you. you need to see if they value future business with you. I have used CT, ESA, DUncan, Nacs, FMF, in the past for various motor work/porting, and always got quality work.

danhung11
02-25-2008, 08:43 PM
It's a little bit of both. I had a few friends back in the day that ran ct engines and they ran good to.

Yeah, I use to live in N.W Arkansas and raced alot in Oklahoma.

I talk to dave83 quite a bit and he said that he remembers you racing back in the day. He lives in Paris, AR and shared with me some history. Good stuff!

What series are you racing now?

After looking at your bike, there is plenty of pricey parts on there. :D So I think the CS is more your reasoning and past relationships. Your rolling chassis cost a pretty penny. :blah:

I agree, customer service is the best. I had a nice conversation with Allen Knowles one day regarding my build and that was after I already talked to Alex down at FTZ. Alex is great but to think that I could have almost 2 motors for that price... I had to rethink. I too think that customer service is key to any business transaction, it will keep you going back plus referrals.

For now, I am sticking with this CT310 non-powervalve motor that I kept from a bike that I parted.

C-LEIGH RACING
02-26-2008, 08:13 AM
I talk to dave83 quite a bit and he said that he remembers you racing back in the day. He lives in Paris, AR and shared with me some history. Good stuff!

What series are you racing now?

After looking at your bike, there is plenty of pricey parts on there. :D So I think the CS is more your reasoning and past relationships. Your rolling chassis cost a pretty penny. :blah:

I agree, customer service is the best. I had a nice conversation with Allen Knowles one day regarding my build and that was after I already talked to Alex down at FTZ. Alex is great but to think that I could have almost 2 motors for that price... I had to rethink. I too think that customer service is key to any business transaction, it will keep you going back plus referrals.

For now, I am sticking with this CT310 non-powervalve motor that I kept from a bike that I parted.

When you were talking to Allen at CT, did he mention the 410cc Pro-x top end they sell.

Sence your going to keep on running the 310, the sweet thing about that, once the 310s not enough & your looking something bigger, if the machinings right on the 310 cylinder you can sleeve it to a 330cc. :D
Neil

danhung11
02-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
When you were talking to Allen at CT, did he mention the 410cc Pro-x top end they sell.

Sence your going to keep on running the 310, the sweet thing about that, once the 310s not enough & your looking something bigger, if the machinings right on the 310 cylinder you can sleeve it to a 330cc. :D
Neil

Neil,

I will call CT now. How do I get ahold of you? Contact information somewhere or do you have a website? Phone #?

I tried google-ing C-Leigh Racing, but came up with a lot of forums, etc.

Thanks!
Dan

C-LEIGH RACING
02-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Neil,

I will call CT now. How do I get ahold of you? Contact information somewhere or do you have a website? Phone #?

I tried google-ing C-Leigh Racing, but came up with a lot of forums, etc.

Thanks!
Dan

I hang around at atvnc.com alot, but if you called Allen, you already have the details on the 410cc.
Neil

kiesta00
02-28-2008, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by danhung11

Dan [/QUOTE}

If you want a monster pro-x, talk to Dennis Packard with Packard Enterprises...you won't be dissapointed. What type of racing do you do?

danhung11
02-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by kiesta00
[QUOTE]Originally posted by danhung11

Dan [/QUOTE}

If you want a monster pro-x, talk to Dennis Packard with Packard Enterprises...you won't be dissapointed. What type of racing do you do?

This is my first XC build. I plan to run some local races. No commitment to a series just yet with work and travel. My career takes priority over pleasure for now. But I do intend to catch some races. :D

As far as going with a monster Pro-X, I am thinking of using this CT310 and perhaps changing into a 330. We'll see though. I may just keep the 310 as a back up and go with a new 350 PowerValve. Undecided....:confused:

Work hard...play hard! :devil: