PDA

View Full Version : what to do

brian76708
02-20-2008, 02:20 PM
I have $150 i want to spend on my quad but i dont know what to get i am thinking about getting a trail tech vaypor and some air scoops but not sure dose any one else have any other ideas

i already have bumper nerf bars and silencer

02-20-2008, 02:32 PM
450r front shocks? Razr rear tires?

brian76708
02-20-2008, 02:36 PM
what size tire would you recomend for stock rims the same that came off im guessing but just wondering

02-20-2008, 02:42 PM
20 X 11 X 9

08400EX
02-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by brian76708
I have $150 i want to spend on my quad but i dont know what to get i am thinking about getting a trail tech vaypor and some air scoops but not sure dose any one else have any other ideas

i already have bumper nerf bars and silencer

How do you use your 400, Trails, Dunes, MX, XC, etc. ?

brian76708
02-20-2008, 02:58 PM
mostly trails and dunes

08400EX
02-20-2008, 03:12 PM
mostly trails and dunes

Hmmmmm, you can't go wrong with the Vapor, for no other reason than to keep up with mileage and hours for proper maint. schedules. That alone is worth the price of admission, unless you carry a ride log with you all the time and can remember to keep up with your actual riding miles/hours. The tach on the Vapor is also handy for setting your idle speed and mixture during season and/or alltitude changes.

If I were you I would also consider a good used set of paddle tires on spare rear rims for the dunes. You guys are lucky, no sandboxes to play in where I live. You can pick them up on Ebay or Craigslist pretty cheap. IMHO that would be a better tire investment than Razrs as the stock tires do well on trails etc. Especially if you play on the dunes as much or more than the trails. Wait for trail tires until you try a few in your area to see what works best for you. Some of the more common ones used are just additional weight and actually gum up worse that the stock tires in sloppy conditions. BTDT.

Air scoups are a cosmetic mod and in the grand scheme of things would be the least gain (if any) for the $$

Again depending on how where you ride, skid plates (chassis and swingarm) are always pretty smart and can make the difference between walking back or riding back. The stokc plastic ones work OK in light trail/woods stuff, but won't last long in rocky terrain.

BUT, the best use of the $150 would be to send it to me, I PROMISE I will put it to VERY good use and tell you all about it!! :-)

klutch
02-20-2008, 03:13 PM
I'd say a set of rear tires (preferably Razrs) or a nice set of Handle Bars, and a kill switch or something like that.

Ruby Soho
02-20-2008, 03:17 PM
a nice used slip on pipe

brian76708
02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
i have razars on my old 250 and they worked great but im going to wait in till the stock tires on the 400 are warn down more so ill probly just get the vaypor oh i have a tether kill switch already but im taking it off never use it came with quad so no loss and i have a hmf slip on already THANKS FOR ALL THE IDEAS though any more

TRXRacer1
02-20-2008, 04:25 PM
i have razars on my old 250 and they worked great but im going to wait in till the stock tires on the 400 are warn down more so ill probly just get the vaypor oh i have a tether kill switch already but im taking it off never use it came with quad so no loss and i have a hmf slip on already THANKS FOR ALL THE IDEAS though any more Stage 1 Hotcam and a 14t front sprocket. You'll have instant gains you can feel without sacrificing reliability. I also agree with keeping the stock tires too.