PDA

View Full Version : Yfz

ATVLATVIA
02-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Hi everyone , i am from Latvia , Baltic States, near Russia so sorry please for bad English.

What is the part "piggyback" , its term and i dont know what ar you talkin about , it is a part for shocks right ?

I ride mx , and i need help for parts , cuz here in Europe they are very expensive and there is not many companies to choose parts from.

Now i have +2 a arms and elka suspension standart lenght.

Who rides +3 and is it much better ?
Im not impressed with elka shocks too.

I can spend about 1500 - 1700 dollars for a arms and front shocks , suggestions ?

So more i need axle same wide as front so it is +3 inches for each side ,right? about 400 buck for axle , enough ?

I was looking few USA shops and i couldnt understand aboust swing arm. If i buy swing arm i need to buy same company bearing housing and break lines , or it comes with it as a kit ? i need +1 swing arm. And i need to buy so called craft , or stock craft will be ok ?

Anyone shop who sends parts to Latvia ? Shops with lovest price ?

Please help someone, thanks.

ATVLATVIA
02-20-2008, 10:07 AM
anyone hellooooooo !?

Ryan Plaugher
02-20-2008, 03:22 PM
piggyback reservoirs are right on the shock. I would stick with the +2 a arms, but go with long travel suspension instead of standard travel. If you dont like your elka shocks you could try PEP, Axis, Fox. I would go with an rpm dominator 2 or lonestar axle. as for the swing arm, you will be fine using the stock one. most of the pro racers use the stock swingarm so i think you will be ok there.

ATVLATVIA
02-21-2008, 07:09 AM
Pros ride with stock swing arm ? wtf ?

Ok , so how can i make more stability to bike if i have +2 in rear and front , normal suspension ?

Ryan Plaugher
02-21-2008, 01:50 PM
I said that some of the pros use a stock one. you can use one if you want. you can go with plus three if you want just make sure the front and rear are the same width or as close as possible.

ECAYFZ450
02-21-2008, 07:35 PM
hey man give East Coast ATV a call there number is 610-282-0369...yea I havent heard to many good things about the elkas on the yfz's...I would go with either axis or fox shocks..I also race motocross and I used plus three all around.. here a picture of my quad..