PDA

View Full Version : What nerf bars to get??

AnDy7
02-19-2008, 08:16 PM
I am deciding if i should get the AC BLACK-LINE NERF BARS or Pro Armor FAT PEG Nerf Bars. ive heard that the AC's are a pain in the *** to put on. but i havn't heard so much about the pro armors any output is appreciated
and they will be going on a black 07'400ex

Jnblaster05
02-19-2008, 09:12 PM
I have ac pro pegs that i got off ebay for 220 they have heel huards built in nd they also have big foot pegs and i love them but anywyas back to your question my buddy has the blacklines and we ride dirt roads and stuff and he has a few chip marks where theres no black now so it really doesnt look as good as new if it was me i would go with something diffrent just givin ya my 2 cents

zrpilot
02-19-2008, 09:35 PM
I have had both. I DID like the AC Racing Pro pegs except for one reason. A HUGE reason for me: they buzzed at high RPMS.

It came from the aluminum that formed the heel guards. I could not get over it, had them one year and sold them.

The Pro Armor are good also. I like the steel pointed pegs (vs AL on the AC Racing). The only thing about these I wish the main tube was better supported near the top of the heel guard. I have heard they could break further down because of this lack of support.

Either way you win! Both good bars!

PS: the AC racing nerfs (when compared to the Pro Armor) were a bee-otch to install!

AnDy7
02-19-2008, 09:39 PM
i really like both of them but im leaning towards the pro armors for one cheaper, two i havn't heard of any problems getting them on and they look great. but i just want to see what everyone else has to say about them.

400exrapes
02-19-2008, 10:11 PM
pro armor makes great products, they always fit, there always good they look good and especially fat pegs even for a cheaper price. I've got ac pro pegs and there good but if i had the money i would have bought pro armors and if youve got the money do pro armor. you can even get a better deal on this website if you order through a pro armor person and free stickers.

04TRX400EX
02-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Definitely go with the Pro Armors. I have heard a lot of people on here say that the AC's were a pain in the you know what to install and the welds do not appear to be as strong resulting in cracks. My Pro Armors look and feel great and went on with no problems.

hornetgod13
02-20-2008, 09:26 AM
I like my AC Blackline Pro Pegs but, I will aggree that it took more effort than it should have to install them. Once they finally bolted up thay are rock solid. They've tumble down a couple hills with only a couple minor scratches. The welds are all solid and there are no vibration issues with mine. Once you get over the installation process they are awesome!

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj176/hornetgod13/dsc02535_editednerfshifter.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj176/hornetgod13/dsc03888_editedcleanside.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj176/hornetgod13/dsc03856_editedalldirty.jpg

NJ450rider
02-20-2008, 11:54 AM
I have AC racing blackline propegs on my 400ex. They went on really easy. But now there bneding quite a bit all over. Even the main peg mounts to the frame are bending down. the powdercoat has held up pretty good. Someday when i have extra cash lying around i plan on retro fitting a set of rath nerfs to my 400ex. Only a few modifications will be needed to make em fit.

hondaracer_34
02-20-2008, 12:13 PM
ive never really heard anything good about AC racing nerfsl, but pro armor i have heard alot of good things about..my friend has them on his 400ex and they are awesome..they do sometimes bend by the heel gaurd though due to lack of support like some guys on here have said..another good brand of nerfs are blingstar DC racer..just a suggestion

klutch
02-20-2008, 02:53 PM
My dad has the proarmors on his 400 and he loves them.

trx400EXtreme
02-20-2008, 03:21 PM
i would get the AC's, but i would not get them in black. they chip. get them in plain aluminum. i have the pro pegs and yes they were a pain to install but it was worth it. ive had these for 3 years and they are great. the pegs are great.

02-20-2008, 03:27 PM
I say go with Pro Armor Fat Pegs. I have Pro Armor and my brother has AC Blackline and my nerf bars have held up to much more and are still fine. Plus i like the feel better of the pro armor than the AC racing.

AnDy7
02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
thanks everyone for there thoughts and when i get my tax return im going to buy the pro armors.
wheres the cheapest place to get them? and i notice someone said that one place sends stickers also weres that through?
again thanks

texasman20
10-28-2009, 07:54 AM
The a/c nerfs were a bear to install but they were completly worth it! I love them.

Shawthy33
10-28-2009, 08:00 AM
For the money why don't more people look at the Tusk's with pegs and heal guards built in for $200 or less?

Seems like they are fairly good quality and some guys run them but most of these posts no one even considers them.

Muddinguy
10-28-2009, 08:31 AM
im more of a fan of the pro armors they seem to be the only ones that mount up front on the suspension bolts instead of on the motor mount of on a tube that goes across the frame. my buddy had a set on his Ex and they were sturdy as hell

sinisterex
10-28-2009, 09:12 AM
the tusks with the heel guards look like a pretty good deal I just don't like how they don't have the bar running straight across the front. Thats why I just ordered the pro armors and I'm walking in circles waiting for the ups guy right now.

yellow02400ex
10-28-2009, 09:21 AM
I have the tusk and I have to say they gotta be the best bang for your buck. I haven't had any problems and they bolted up fine. I paid $175 for mine.

Shawthy33
10-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Got Any close up pics...?

bigbad400
10-28-2009, 11:01 AM
i have two sets of ac racing with the heel guard, one on the z400 and one on my ex, i love them they were no prob to get them on and the strength.... wow. i hit a BIG rock at like 40mph with the bar and it didnt dent just a good scratch. my friend has 2 sets of the pro armor nerfs and he hates them, one set broke the heel guard right off, mind you hes only like 85lbs and dont jump at all. and on his other ex that the girlfriend rides the 20 inch paddles he got wont fit because of the heelguard. it rubs a good 1/4 inch on the paddles. there is only about 1/2 inch from his 20 inch hd's to the heelguard.

so thats my experience with the 2 sets. we prefer the ac racing ones to the pro armor ones any day. the only other ones ive liked are the dg fat peg bars with the heel guard, they are just like acs or pro armors but they are fatter bars. look way solid and mount exactly the same as the ac's from what i could see.

good luck.

bkelley
10-28-2009, 01:17 PM
My AC Racing nerfs were a breeze to install. I just had them off the other day when I was re-webbing them. Slide right on and bolt tight. I've never heard them rattle or anything, either.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/73/l_eb364d335162429fb0edbe614b2764e4.jpg

If I had to re-buy, I'd defiantely go with AC Racing again.

bigbad400
10-28-2009, 05:24 PM
i know its a bran new wheeler but that is a nice 400 you got there. but ahhh... do you ever ride it? mines never that clean for more than and hour or so. as soon as i get it all dry and buffed up shiny, i rip it around the field a couple times, the tires on yours dont even have dirt on them.

Ba9801
10-29-2009, 06:54 PM
I have the Rath Racing Nerf Bars w/heel guards and pro pegs and they are amazing. My wife has IMS Nerf bars on hers and they dont mount as nice as the Rath Racing ones do. Both alot of money but I would not go with anything other than the Rath racing ones if I had to choice again. The IMS use U-clamps to mount the front cross bar which interferes with some skid plates but the Rath Racing ones mount to your front motor mount bolt holes and come with spacers and new longer bolts. Also the pro pegs are massive in width and length. The other nice thing is the heels are netted so the mud just falls right out of them. I have heard alot of people complain that the pro-Armor ones crack over time around the heel gaurds.

arsenic400ex
10-30-2009, 10:12 AM
I have ac racing blackline w/ netted heel and love them . Installed in about an hour with no real problems. This was the first set I ever installed. They are rock solid and don't rattle. I would never buy anything else. I am 185lbs and can jump on them and they don't move at all. If there was any complaint its the pegs are so sharp its tearing up the soles on my boot's.....I guess not such a bad thing, no slippage!:) :)

rinaldi
10-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Here is the pic of the Tusk installed and a bit closer shot. I bought the Pro Armor fat pegs and they fit like crap. Actually just could not get them to fit at all. Then bought a set of XFR and they were not welded right. Apparently forgot to cut off a section of the tubing. I then went with the Tusk and these are fantastic for $170 shipped. Let me add I am about 195 with gear on and jump, etc and have not had any issues with anything coming loose, breaking, etc.

bkelley
10-30-2009, 03:42 PM
I like the look of those Tusks.

rob_990
10-30-2009, 11:07 PM
the pro armors are a B**** to get on but once the are there extremely sturdy.watch out for the heel gaurds though.mine just broke after a year and a half of riding